Magpul Vertical Grip Pain In Rear

Rocky Mosasaurus

NES Member
I went to install an M-Lok Vertical grip on my AR rail today and I’m running into a problem getting the screws on. There’s some yellow loctite/threadlock on the screws preventing them from going in fully. Would you guys recommend soaking them in acetone or using a metal bristle brush to wipe them off?

NO.

Loctite serves to keep bolts in place. If they aren't going in then the threads don't match. If they're going in, but bottoming out, then the length is wrong.

Double check the thread on the screws .vs. the rail.

NO.

Loctite serves to keep bolts in place. If they aren't going in then the threads don't match. If they're going in, but bottoming out, then the length is wrong.

Double check the thread on the screws .vs. the rail.
You were totally right. Just a little WD40, some pliers, and an 1/8th allen and some elbow grease and I got it to work. Thank you sir!

I went to install an M-Lok Vertical grip on my AR rail today and I’m running into a problem getting the screws on. There’s some yellow loctite/threadlock on the screws preventing them from going in fully. Would you guys recommend soaking them in acetone or using a metal bristle brush to wipe them off?

If you are having trouble, get your wife or daughter to help you out. Then order some 2lb dumbbells. ;)

Glad you got them in - you have to leave just enough of a gap to clamp on to the rail, and have the two pieces angled such that when you tighten them, they go perpendicular to the rail and lock on. Sounds more complicated than it really is.

IIRC I had to pull down on the grip to apply pressure to the nuts as they were tightened. I have since taken the grip off and its been a little while.

Back
Top Bottom