Magpul PRS stock for AR15 feedback

They are great stocks. I have one on my 6.8 SPC hunting rifle. The adjustments are great for getting just the right fit.

I think the OP was curious if it being adjustable was considered like a sliding stock for AWB purposes

Yes legal issues are in question
Also if it gives enough adjustment in the comb to make it worth while. See I have a problem, Most guns that I mount with a good cheak weld Im always looking at the back of the reciever. 95% of the time I need to use a addacomb or a laced on one Especially with scopes. My newest piece is getting scoped. I would rather have a stock that looks the part than a slip on higher comb thingy

Yes legal issues are in question

Well, they aren't illegal and are not one of the evil parts in an AWB configuration. But there is no compliance testing in place for them if you want me to answer your question directly.

So no, it is not in legal question, the PRS stock is not telescoping, it is adjustable. It requires many motions (turns of the knob) to adjust. That was OK for the ATF during AWB94.

Also, mass compliance is about handguns, not rifles.

Short answer: You are AOK with the PRS...[cheers]

The trigger time I had on one was impressive. Mine was on a Troy MCS and it really lent itself well to the platform. Seems to be more of a stock for a precision long range shooter and less for a carbine-type or basic fighting rifle...

Short answer: You are AOK with the PRS...[cheers]

The trigger time I had on one was impressive. Mine was on a Troy MCS and it really lent itself well to the platform. Seems to be more of a stock for a precision long range shooter and less for a carbine-type or basic fighting rifle...

Yeah, I highly recommend it to balance out a bull barrel. It is way too heavy to be used in a carbine config.

I have one and find it very well made, but heavy. The AR with a 18 in bull barrel, this stock and a SS lower weighs 12 lbs. The only problem I have with it is that I use very little of the available adjustment and could have done just as well with an ACE skeleton stock and saved a bundle. One nice feature is the rail on the bottom of the butt which allows the attachment of a mono-pod.

My main purpose would be to have comb adjustment for scope. It is a carbine. I plan on bench shooting this with a good scope. If I really catch the bug I will get a target/varmit AR build going early next year. So I would play with the magpul on what I have. Practice skills with carbine until funds are there for target rifle set up.

Compliant to the Mass AWB rules and regulations is what I was getting at

My main purpose would be to have comb adjustment for scope. It is a carbine. I plan on bench shooting this with a good scope. If I really catch the bug I will get a target/varmit AR build going early next year. So I would play with the magpul on what I have. Practice skills with carbine until funds are there for target rifle set up.

Compliant to the Mass AWB rules and regulations is what I was getting at

To each his own, but if you buy this for a carbine fighting rifle, I think you're making a mistake. It is heavy and with the light front end of a carbine, it will feel as unbalanced as an old tire on a bent rim. I had one on a heavy M1A SOCOM-16 and it made the whole rifle feel out of whack. However on a full-siized M1A in a Troy MCS, (SASS), it was like a dream...If you want a good stock for a flat top carbine that will give you proper weld, get a Sully. If this is for a carry handle, then any attachable carbine cheek piece will serve you better than a heavy stock on what is supposed to be a light rifle...YMMV

Thanks fore the tips, new to the AR field of parts. I do not know of all the opptions.

I googled sully stocks and only came up with a shorter stock no comb adjustment?

My problem is not with eye relief on the scope just my eyes are not up high enough to line up with the scope.

Last edited:
My problem is not with eye relief on the scope just my eyes are not up high enough to line up with the scope.

First off, I love my PRS stock on my AR.

Second, what height rings do you have on it? If you've got High or Extra-High, perhaps trying a Medium ring would be worthwhile.

there are just high enough to get the cross hairs a touch above the front sight, just a tad.
When I mount the A2 stock with iron sights. I am looking at the back of the chargehandle

Back
Top Bottom