Magpul MOE AR Rifle Stock

After many years of using an ACE skeleton stock, I changed over to the new Magpul MOE stock. The Ace was a great stock, but I needed a higher comb to place my eye in proper alignment with the Leupold CQ/T scope that I was using.

I gambled on the chance that this new Magpul stock would give me the necessary additional comb height and got lucky. The MOE stock added just enough height to the comb to put my eye in proper alignment with the scope.

The MOE stock was a good deal at $56 from Brownells. It is very well made, easy to install, and even offers a storage compartment (a little larger than a pack of cigarettes) that you access via a push button that opens the butt plate. There are several mounting points on the stock for a sling, including a molded in loop. A kit is available for about $12 to add QD sling studs. Compared to the Ace stock, the only down side is the increased weight which I don't mind at all. I recently put several hundred round through the AR between practice and the Harvard match and couldn't be happier with my new stock.

I used the MOE Rifle stock on the first AR-15 I put together. I think it's probably one of the best deals out there. If you wait and watch you can get it off somewhere like Primary Arms for super cheap. It looks nice and a little different from others, great quality, good size, etc. And like you pointed out, a lot of options for mounting sling swivels. I used the one farthest forward so that when I use my sling in single point setup the muzzle doesn't drag on the ground, haha.

Back
Top Bottom