• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Magpul Magwell

I got a Magpul magwell for my Glock 19 Gen 4.

I live in MA so I only have 10 round capacity mags. Tried putting an empty mag in today and it turns out the mag isn't tall enough to hit the slide lock. I can rack the slide with empty mag and it doesn't lock back.

Is there a way for me to fix this? Are the 10 round mags that will work with this magwell?

Thanks.

they seem to be generation specific, just tossing it out...you got the one for the gen 4 right. and for a 19 and not a 17?

Taken from Magpul's website:

"Recent generations of reduced capacity (10 rd) factory Glock magazines have several dimensional differences which may interfere with any magazine well, including the Magpul GL Enhanced Magazine Well. Some large aftermarket floorplates may also interfere."

Looks like you might have better luck if you track down some older 10 rounders but even then I'm guessing it's hit or miss.

Hmm, maybe best thing to do is just buy some of those Magpul 10 rounders then. (Btw, aftermarket 10 round mags are legal in MA right?)

I too purchased the Magpul Magwell for my gen 4 G19. You cannot use backstraps with it which wasn't a deal breaker, but still a con. Fit and finish is great for the money but NONE of my mags will properly seat. I have tried new 10 rounders, old 10 rounders, and prebans, nothing. What a huge FAIL by Magpul on this one. Complete junk.

I too purchased the Magpul Magwell for my gen 4 G19. You cannot use backstraps with it which wasn't a deal breaker, but still a con. Fit and finish is great for the money but NONE of my mags will properly seat. I have tried new 10 rounders, old 10 rounders, and prebans, nothing. What a huge FAIL by Magpul on this one. Complete junk.

I have their magwells on 3 of my Glocks, and have no issues with any of my mags. If your cripple mags don't work, and Magpul states as much on their website, that isn't on them. I think these magwells are probably the best money I spent on my pistols after trashing the stock sights.

I have their magwells on 3 of my Glocks, and have no issues with any of my mags. If your cripple mags don't work, and Magpul states as much on their website, that isn't on them. I think these magwells are probably the best money I spent on my pistols after trashing the stock sights.
Glad yours don't give you any trouble, but after searching the web seems like a lot of people are having this issue. I grabbed it on a Primary Arms sale for cheap so its not worth shipping back. I may take the Dremmel to it and remove small amounts of material at a time until it works flawlessly.

Back
Top Bottom