• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Magpul Mags

alan226

NES Member
What is your opinion of Magpul Glock magazines? They look to be about half the price of OEM Glock mags, but they lack some of the features of the OEM Glock nags like metal lining and round indicator holes. Are they as reliable and function the same as the OEM?

You would have to run way more rounds than I have to say if they're dead nuts reliable or not.

I have hundreds of rounds through their G19 mags and tens of thousands through PMAGS. You can drop them on the mouth and they stop working but it's ok because they're like $8.

What is your opinion of Magpul Glock magazines? They look to be about half the price of OEM Glock mags, but they lack some of the features of the OEM Glock nags like metal lining and round indicator holes. Are they as reliable and function the same as the OEM?
I've got some 10 round Magpul Glock mags and they've worked fine for me.

Guess I am the only one to have issues. I grabbed 5 G19 mags, when they first came out. Opened two. I couldn't get them to empty the mag without a malfunction. I tried different ammo. since MAGPUL suggested it. They were going to have me send them back. Until I asked about the unopened ones. If they had a bad batch. Fine. But, you take care of a customer. They ran me through 20 questions as well. I won't buy any more of those mags. AR Pmags have always worked.

I have used glock pmags w/no issues, in various sizes and configurations.

For the life of me I cannot understand this skinflinting. Glock mags are cheap as it is (unless you're buying from Rapetile), why get something else just to save a few bucks? It's such a minimal difference imo.
Because you can get more mags. 🤣 I buy both and have tons of both. Magpul glock mags work fine. I always carry oem though, perhaps out of superstition.

I have had issues with PMAGs in actual glock pistols, plus if you keep them loaded they swell and won't drop free from a pistol. My Ruger PC9 loves them though, they work great in that.

I have had issues with PMAGs in actual glock pistols, plus if you keep them loaded they swell
i have a mix of always loaded gen5 glock mags and pmags in a 10 mag range holder - no issues at all.

Ive never had any issues with them. Taken a few 2 day classes with them and they worked fine. If they work ok and they are like half the cost of OEM why not buy them? I admit to carrying OEM though. [laugh]

I run a 9mm PCC in Steel challenge matches. I have 10 magpul mags . They are very reliable and very cost effective.

Back
Top Bottom