• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Magpul is Leaving Colorado (Bill Signed Into Law)

From the Magpul FB page:

Apparently Gov Hickenlooper has announced that he will sign HB 1224 on Wednesday. We were asked for our reaction, and here is what we said:

We have said all along that based on the legal problems and uncertainties in the bill, as well as general principle, we will have no choice but to leave if the Governor signs this into law. We will start our transition out of the state almost immediately, and we will prioritize moving magazine manufacturing operations first. We expect the first PMAGs to be made outside CO within 30 days of the signing, with the rest to follow in phases. We will likely become a multi-state operation as a result of this move, and not all locations have been selected. We have made some initial contacts and evaluated a list of new potential locations for additional manufacturing and the new company headquarters, and we will begin talks with various state representatives in earnest if the Governor indeed signs this legislation. Although we are agile for a company of our size, it is still a significant footprint, and we will perform this move in a manner that is best for the company and our employees.

It is disappointing to us that money and a social agenda from outside the state have apparently penetrated the American West to control our legislature and Governor, but we feel confident that Colorado residents can still take the state back through recalls, ballot initiatives, and the 2014 election to undo these wrongs against responsible Citizens.

Good. I hope CO enjoys that $80 Million dollar loss.

ETA: Wow, within four minutes of Magpul posting it, they had 200 responses to the page.

ETA 3/20: Law signed by governor.

Last edited:
Go Magpul! You already had a very happy customer, and now you have a very loyal, happy customer. If you could just see fit to get on board the LEO boycott...

When there are out of state making Mags then I can say yahoo, till then..........................................

Jason.

Someone needs to take one of these early states and make an example out of them. Too bad the volvo driving Ugg wearing Vermont West residents won't storm their statehouse in protest.

Magpul is Leaving Colorado (Gov. to Sign Bill Wednesday)

The nightmare scenario would be that companies like this spend a fortune to move and some federal ban stops them from making high cap mags anyway.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk

Good for them. Other manufacturers need to do the same thing and also ban sales to govt. agencies in said states. I am on the side of the cops but can't let Gov's like the one in Colorado and New York have their cake and eat it too (oh wait, didn't Bloomberg just ban cake too? Sorry Coumo)

Nice. I hope co signs it and they move. There is a little wiggle room in their announcement ie moving mag production and being a multi state company. They could move mag production and leave everything else in co.

Re: Magpul is Leaving Colorado (Gov. to Sign Bill Wednesday)

Told ya. ;)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Hopefully Colt (after today), and others follow suit. The big hit would be law enforcement ban, "united we stand"; these words are powerful if followed.

NH is going the way of MA sadly.

Then how do you explain 2010? In 2008, NH went blue across the board (along with 2006 cause Bush was sucking in the eyes of the populace). NH is greatly affected by presidential elections. Keep in mind, the average voter (even in NH) is retarded and has the attention span of a gnat.

Oh noz someone was critical of nh. You know what I hate about nh, every tiny town of 200 peoplehas a huge police force doing traffic revenue.

NH is going the way of MA sadly.
Funny how these posts always come from folk in MA, seems to me they're just trying to justify being stuck in a state with some of the suckiest gun laws in the nation. Look at the long term trend of freedom in NH, and it's moving the right direction, even with a few hiccups around SYG and some Dems making a big deal about reversing the recent change regarding carry in the statehouse.

ericcif said:
The nightmare scenario would be that companies like this spend a fortune to move and some federal ban stops them from making high cap mags anyway.
If Magpul can eke out just a couple more months of production by moving, profits from standard capacity magazines made running 24x7 shifts should still give them a tidy profit. Magpul is the gold standard of AR magazines in certain circles.

Oh noz someone was critical of nh. You know what I hate about nh, every tiny town of 200 peoplehas a huge police force doing traffic revenue.
You do realize that in NH, the town doesn't get any money from traffic tickets? So they do more warning than tickets, unless the driver pisses them off.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom