Magpul Glock mags

1903Collector

NES Member
Bought one of those nifty Ruger PC carbines and need to get more mags for it, the Magpul 10 rounders are cheap, about half the price of Glock magazines, but how do they work? any opinions?

Thanks

I bought a bunch of the 10 round Glock 17 mags (for my G19) for the range when Primary Arms had them on sale. IMO they look cheaper than OEM, but they have functioned flawlessly. I didn’t expect any issues being that they are Magpul.

I have several for a g17. I have no issue with them and like them. they're retail price is stupid low, I paid 10 bucks and some change from midway, you just toss them if you don't like them.

I have them for my 19. I keep my pre bans loaded with SD ammo and train with the magpul. Zero issues. Better than dropping a ~$300 square notch at the range and losing it in the mud.

The only problem I have had with them is with steel case ammo. The ammo hangs up in the magwell. Ive heard the same complaint from others online too. Otherwise they have been fine.

I have also had no trouble with the ETS magazines. Those can sometimes be found cheap too.

The only problem I have had with them is with steel case ammo. The ammo hangs up in the magwell. Ive heard the same complaint from others online too. Otherwise they have been fine.
odd, i have only steel rounds in my magpuls so far and nothing bad happened yet. nothing hangs.

Ten rounders for G19 were a bit wonky for me, but 15+ rounders never gave me an issue. I was able to snag them on sale for $6, so worth a shot regardless.

My carry ammo cycles fine in the g19 ten rounders and so has everything else I’ve run through them. That tenth round is always stiff to load. I’ve had 2 ets mags that were problematic. One for a m&p that was an earlier mold that has since been tweaked and a glock happy stick that the follower binds in.

I've got a couple dozen or so of them in 15 or 17 round sizes. No issues at all in a 19, 17, or 34.

I carry with OEM mags though.

Ran some more the other day, another 500 rounds without malfunction, good enough for me to order a bunch more. At that price point gonna use these for SHTF, one time use mags.

I’ve haven’t had an issue with the 17 rounders, had some minor issues with a 21 rounder, and the 27 rounder I have chokes hard in use with my Glock 17.

Bought one of those nifty Ruger PC carbines and need to get more mags for it, the Magpul 10 rounders are cheap, about half the price of Glock magazines, but how do they work? any opinions?

Thanks

I have never had any issues with Magpul Glock mags

Magpul Glock mags are fine for training, I would not carry them though.
Any reason why? Have you had issues? I’ve used them interchangeably with Glock OEM in my G17 Gen 3 for about 4 years now and have never had an issue. I keep them fully loaded and no issues with bulging or the lips spreading.

Any reason why? Have you had issues? I’ve used them interchangeably with Glock OEM in my G17 Gen 3 for about 4 years now and have never had an issue. I keep them fully loaded and no issues with bulging or the lips spreading.
Because I don't/won't trust my life to non oem mags in glock pistols. I almost exclusively shoot Glock pistols, I shoot a lot, I train with really reputable instructors a fair amount more than most. I've observed one common thing, and been told one thing, and heard one thing repeated by all of the instructors and serious shooters who've ever brought it up.....When it comes to magazines in Glocks, Glock OEM magazines are the MOST reliable type of magazine in Glock pistols and they all only carry Glock OEM mags.

I also personally get malfunctions at a higher rate with magpul mags than I do with factory glock mags, especially the 10rd g19 mags. I have several dozen g19 and g17 magazines of various flavors so I'm pretty well versed.

If you can say that you've gone 3 or 4 years without a pistol malfunction or a magazine related failure or just a worn out magazine with a Gen 3 G17, you probably don't shoot or train enough. I would agree that you can leave them loaded, but I have also shot some of my magpul mags so much I've actually worn out the plastic feed lips on a couple of them, and many get retired just from being dropped so many times, stepped on, etc.

Despite what the fanboys will tell you, Glock pistols can malfunction like any other pistol and Glock OEM magazines are without a doubt the MOST reliable magazine for glock pistols so that's the only type of magazine I will carry or rely on for serious use. I'm not saying magpul glock mags don't work, because they do, probably better than any other aftermarket glock mag, and they are fine for training or range use, but for real life gunfighting I will only trust Glock factory magazines. I'm also in MA, so when it comes to pre-ban mags the feed lips and notch for the mag catch have to be in good shape and I always put new springs and followers in them and test them before I'll trust them.

Last edited:
Haven't noticed a difference on my Glock 19 gen 5 yet and testing a p80 version for the first time today, similar good results.

If there is a difference it's really minor, that I'm sure about.

Back
Top Bottom