• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Magpul Dynamics - NH course

I originally posted this on Arfcom, but I figured i'd post it here for some more feedback. Keep in mind, I still need a spot to host this at, if you feel you can accommodate you would receive a discount on the class.

Alright, I gave Chris a call today and here's the story, I need to find a venue to host this at, it needs to be able to fit 20 people and be a minimum of 50 yards, although 100 would be ideal. Once I can find a range to host this at (a discounted course price will be offered to the person who allows us to shoot there), we need to talk about dates, then start getting shooters. We need a minimum of 18 shooters on the line for this to be a go. As far as dates are concerned, November is the absolute earliest we can get this going. Anytime after that, our horrible freezing weather is going to be a problem so we may need to delay it even more. I'm hoping that early November can happen but like I said, I need to find someone to let us shoot there before we can even really discuss dates.

I want to book the carbine 1 THREE day course. I think i'd have a harder time booking the carbine 2 course to start off with. The third day of carbine 1 as i'm told involves more running/gunning and weapon transitions etc.. I think this is probably our best option. The carbine 2 class may be a little advanced for some, so I figure the carbine 1 class with the additional day of more advanced techniques etc is our best option currently. I would however like to hear from you, what you think would work best etc..

The range needs to provide targets, stands and steel if availible. We can all pitch in if necessary.

Here is the course - http://magpuldynamics.com/training/b_carbine.shtml For those who watched the dvd set, this would be disc one. If this works out and people are interested I would love to get them back up here a second time for carbine 2 etc..

What's everyone think, honestly?

Can we get a confirmation of people who would TRULY come and pay for a spot? I need to know if people are really into this before I waste my or Chris's time.

Also I forget who said it, but would the person who said they could host this class on their property please IM me?

DVD trailer

VERY IN!!!!!!!!!! hooray for the possibility of saving me plane and hotel fair to get to a course in FL

Ok, now that I've stopped dancing in my cube (and gotten a few weird looks...), I agree that Carbine 1 class will be less intimidating to a lot of people and will improve chances of getting enough people in on this. the three day option with the more advanced stuff will be the happy ending that will get the more advanced people in on this as well. Be more than happy to help with targets and set up as well if needed.

Last edited:
I originally posted this on Arfcom, but I figured i'd post it here for some more feedback. Keep in mind, I still need a spot to host this at, if you feel you can accommodate you would receive a discount on the class.

Alright, I gave Chris a call today and here's the story, I need to find a venue to host this at, it needs to be able to fit 20 people and be a minimum of 50 yards, although 100 would be ideal. Once I can find a range to host this at (a discounted course price will be offered to the person who allows us to shoot there), we need to talk about dates, then start getting shooters. We need a minimum of 18 shooters on the line for this to be a go. As far as dates are concerned, November is the absolute earliest we can get this going. Anytime after that, our horrible freezing weather is going to be a problem so we may need to delay it even more. I'm hoping that early November can happen but like I said, I need to find someone to let us shoot there before we can even really discuss dates.

I want to book the carbine 1 THREE day course. I think i'd have a harder time booking the carbine 2 course to start off with. The third day of carbine 1 as i'm told involves more running/gunning and weapon transitions etc.. I think this is probably our best option. The carbine 2 class may be a little advanced for some, so I figure the carbine 1 class with the additional day of more advanced techniques etc is our best option currently. I would however like to hear from you, what you think would work best etc..

The range needs to provide targets, stands and steel if availible. We can all pitch in if necessary.

Here is the course - http://magpuldynamics.com/training/b_carbine.shtml For those who watched the dvd set, this would be disc one. If this works out and people are interested I would love to get them back up here a second time for carbine 2 etc..

What's everyone think, honestly?

Can we get a confirmation of people who would TRULY come and pay for a spot? I need to know if people are really into this before I waste my or Chris's time.

Also I forget who said it, but would the person who said they could host this class on their property please IM me?

DVD trailer

I'm interested

I'm in. Also the trailer for Art of the Tactical Carbine II is up on youtube. Sorry I don't have the link.

I'm 96% in. I actually wrote to a past tactical instructor inquiring about any AR courses
(6 months ago = nothing).

My 96 % is based on the:

1% schedule= when
1% where = location
1% cost = My wife's approval = she's actually very understanding of anything self-defense oriented.
1% misc.

Woo Hoo!

If we lock this in, it could be a good excuse to buy another AR.

Thanks 230grains, at one point I thought this might be an April fools gag. Glad it's not!

I would love to take this class after I get an AR and learn some skills.

In the mean time I would like to get these DVD's.

I hope this proposed class goes well because I would be interested after I attain my pre-reqs.

I would take the class.. but..

Why doesn't just everyone sign up for the armed response rifle class, so there won't be a cancellation again.

That way, theres not a bunch of these classes scheduled that just fall through.

http://www.shop.armedresponsetraining.com/product.sc?categoryId=3&productId=5
I can't speak for everyone, but in my case, first because it's not the same caliber of course; and second because it's being held in MA, with all the limitations on guns/mags, etc. that comes with that. I'd like to shoot what I have, in terms of both handgun and carbine, and not turn it into a pre-ban mag scavenger hunt, and post-ban carbine "extreme makeover."

I'm still looking for a place to host this in NH, if anyone has any leads PLEASE let me know. I keep running into dead ends everywhere I look.

I can't speak for everyone, but in my case, first because it's not the same caliber of course; and second because it's being held in MA, with all the limitations on guns/mags, etc. that comes with that. I'd like to shoot what I have, in terms of both handgun and carbine, and not turn it into a pre-ban mag scavenger hunt, and post-ban carbine "extreme makeover."

Cant agree more. Costa has spent the last 19 years doing the job, in one capacity or another with DHS. They have a no BS approach with well vetted experienced instructors that have been there, done that. They can talk from experience not theory about real life conditions. Im not going to sit here and shit talk another instructor. But I have a problem with someone telling me about "combat" and all that related BS, that hasnt done it. Theres plenty of great instructors out that that are shooters, not operators. They are great at what they do, some of the best out there but leave it at that. Then theres Ex high speed MIL/LE guys that have been there done that and teach from "combat/ life experience". IMHO if I'm going to learn about protecting myself or or gun fighting, I want someone whos done it, who can expand my skill sets with a no BS approach. Not teach off a theory of what it may be like off 3rd hand knowledge. I'm going to leave it at that. If the Magpul Dynamics class gets locked down, and I'm stateside I'll be interested in attending.

Anywhere besides Pellham? I shot an email off and haven't heard back. I'm going to try and call this week, but i need some more suggestions.

I received my DVDs last week and I loved it. I was thinking to take their class this summer. I am 100 percent in.

Back
Top Bottom