• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Magpul 40-Round AR-15 5.56x45 Magazine Availability

Anybody find them? I see them on Midway, but they're already on "notify me" status. I see them on GB but they're priced above MSRP since they're in demand and they're ain't much of them around.

If you have them, how do they stack up against the 30-rounders?

image-1942005457.jpg

Fired about eighty rounds out of mine with no issues. It isn't much heavier than the thirty (surprisingly). One thing to keep in mind is that they are Generation 3. With that, there is a nub on the back of the mag that may interfere with mag well grips or some lowers. Other than that, it rocks!

I'd give Umlaut Industries a call. If you can't locate their info, PM me (I have a card from them)... I'm planning on swinging over to them on Wednesday to see what they have in stock.

View attachment 73437

Fired about eighty rounds out of mine with no issues. It isn't much heavier than the thirty (surprisingly). One thing to keep in mind is that they are Generation 3. With that, there is a nub on the back of the mag that may interfere with mag well grips or some lowers. Other than that, it rocks!

Does the 30-round Gen3 or Gen2 Ranger Plate fit on the 40-round model?

Back
Top Bottom