• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Magpul 1911 grips

rocket500

NES Member
Haven't seen any chatter about these- Magpul has a nice, inexpensive set of grips for the 1911 out. Grippy but not too abrasive. Nice cutout for the mag release. On the thin side. Overall I like them.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    222.9 KB · Views: 175
I've always been pleased with their AR products. Very high quality and reasonably priced in general.

In general I like wood grips on a 1911 but that 1911TA is so non-traditional with the rail and external extractor that I'm digging the black plastic grips.

Got my grips the other day, put them on my Remington R1 today with some VZ torx screws because I hate flathead screws.

Pictars (clicken to embiggen):
Side view, showing the excellent channel for the mag release. Totally down with that.

Close up of texture/new screws. Take that flatheads! Torx T15 for the win!

Reverse side, because I'm OCD like that:

The cutout for the mag release is fantastic. And with a normal grip perfectly located such that your hand misses it.

Got my grips the other day, put them on my Remington R1 today with some VZ torx screws because I hate flathead screws.

Pictars (clicken to embiggen):
Side view, showing the excellent channel for the mag release. Totally down with that.

Close up of texture/new screws. Take that flatheads! Torx T15 for the win!

Reverse side, because I'm OCD like that:

drool

tumblr_m28fo0fC4j1r3ptwe.gif

Mine came from Amazon (via Comm2A link). The actual vendor was someplace I'd never heard of, but I got the goods fast, so I'm not complaining.

Back
Top Bottom