Magnetic Ammo Can Labels

So for while now I had been meaning to find a good way to label my ammo cans that wasn't permanent as I wasn't going to dedicate certain cans to specific calibers and needed the ability to label cans with more than one caliber at a time as I had some calibers mixed together. I found this guys video and it worked out perfectly. Any not currently in use I just stick on my safe and I can swap out labels on the fly as needed. I lucked out where I had several large donor magnets I could put the labels on and cut them down to size.

This is the label maker I went with

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01BD6DROK/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I use a sharpie marker, its permanent enough but comes off with isopropyl alcohol when a label change is necessary. And, you can label the top, sides, front, whichever is most convenient.

So for while now I had been meaning to find a good way to label my ammo cans that wasn't permanent as I wasn't going to dedicate certain cans to specific calibers and needed the ability to label cans with more than one caliber at a time as I had some calibers mixed together. I found this guys video and it worked out perfectly.
I don't know man,
the magnet falls right off of the can...

Chalk on ammo cans work for me!
I seem to me moving half a case of this here, and this over here too frequently, so wiping off the chalk is easy

I love me some 50 cal. ammo cans. I use them for everything. I have a couple in the cross box in my truck 1 with bolts and nuts and odd parts for water work installation, one has small parts for pumps and gas powered saws. keeps it all organized and dry. All told I probably have 20 .50 cal. cans and 6-7 .30 cal. cans . Magic Marker on the top works for me. Anytime I need to change it a little alcohol and a rag and it's clean again.

I love me some 50 cal. ammo cans. I use them for everything. I have a couple in the cross box in my truck 1 with bolts and nuts and odd parts for water work installation, one has small parts for pumps and gas powered saws. keeps it all organized and dry. All told I probably have 20 .50 cal. cans and 6-7 .30 cal. cans . Magic Marker on the top works for me. Anytime I need to change it a little alcohol and a rag and it's clean again.

I mounted a 40mm can on the left fender of my tractor for pins, tools, chains, straps, bolts, etc. Works great, stays dry and about four times the capacity of the .50 can.

I used flat washers and GE silicone on the bolts with nylon stop nuts.image.jpeg

I mounted a 40mm can on the left fender of my tractor for pins, tools, chains, straps, bolts, etc. Works great, stays dry and about four times the capacity of the .50 can.

I used flat washers and GE silicone on the bolts with nylon stop nuts.View attachment 299304
NICE! I should have added I have 2 40mm cans in my lockable storage that have 9mm and .45ACP brass in them. Also had one I welded a hasp on each end and bolted it down in a locked closet to use as handgun storage, before I bought a bigger safe. Love me some surplus ammo cans. Let's not start a thread on how many milk crates I have that also have a myriad of uses. (LOL)

NICE! I should have added I have 2 40mm cans in my lockable storage that have 9mm and .45ACP brass in them. Also had one I welded a hasp on each end and bolted it down in a locked closet to use as handgun storage, before I bought a bigger safe. Love me some surplus ammo cans. Let's not start a thread on how many milk crates I have that also have a myriad of uses. (LOL)

Only four milk crates here, one on the four wheeler in the picture, one in the trunk of my car to hold washer fluid jug and water jug for the dogs, one on a shelf with a couple of spare batteries for my generators and one with some misc. stuff in it. I gave away a bunch of them when I moved.

Back
Top Bottom