Magnet Fishing... Found Guns!

True story... Grad dad brought home a maxim machine gun from WW1. Put it up on a wall facing the lake. Machine gun laws came into effect and he got a visit from the (as dim memory recalls) secret service as he remembers it as it was before ATF. It was a few months before the tax stamp was required. Same agents showed up after the deadline. Grand dad said he threw it in the lake, they laughed and left.

It's still there, you got a good magnet and a way around the ATF?

I’ve got a couple nice magnets. Tell me where to go and I guarantee you I won’t find anything, scouts honor!

True story... Grad dad brought home a maxim machine gun from WW1. Put it up on a wall facing the lake. Machine gun laws came into effect and he got a visit from the (as dim memory recalls) secret service as he remembers it as it was before ATF. It was a few months before the tax stamp was required. Same agents showed up after the deadline. Grand dad said he threw it in the lake, they laughed and left.

It's still there, you got a good magnet and a way around the ATF?
F*** the magnet. I will dive for that.

Circa late 1800's, Gen. Tom Thumb of Barnum fame was firing his cannon from a boat in Assawompsett. Being of small everything, he didn't quite understand Newtonian physics. Cannon fired and shot itself over the side of the boat. Lost to the lake forever.

I've been tempted to just drop a magnet while getting from one place to another to see if by dumb luck I could find it. How I'd raise it in a no-contact reservoir, I don't know. At the very least I could mark it and document it.

Do you need a magnet fishing license?
education-city-games-kids-silk-screen-printing.jpg
If the guy had a LTC, I think he can petition the state to claim the Glock.

That would make a great project gun!

If he just wipes down the internal parts it would be good as new.
Not sure if that's a thing.

Circa late 1800's, Gen. Tom Thumb of Barnum fame was firing his cannon from a boat in Assawompsett. Being of small everything, he didn't quite understand Newtonian physics. Cannon fired and shot itself over the side of the boat. Lost to the lake forever.

I've been tempted to just drop a magnet while getting from one place to another to see if by dumb luck I could find it. How I'd raise it in a no-contact reservoir, I don't know. At the very least I could mark it and document it.
Personally, I'd go fishing for Babe Ruth's piano first.

Never heard of magnet fishing till my father mentioned it during Christmas. Grabbed him a 500lbs magnet and some line for Father's day and doubled the order so I had my own setup. Tried it while I was in NH tubing down the Saco. Found a pair of broken RayBans and a no-name multitool. Will be trying it again this weekend at several small bridges.

Many years ago my wife was swimming off the dock up at the lake house in NH and lost her wedding ring. We dove and dove but couldn't find it. The next summer I was fishing off the dock and brought in a big bass. As I was cleaning the fish my knife hit something hard! It was my thumb. Jack.

You want to try Beaver Pond in Franklin, Aaron Hernandez's crash pad was right down the street and they never found the murder weapon.

You want to try Beaver Pond in Franklin, Aaron Hernandez's crash pad was right down the street and they never found the murder weapon.
His fiancee disposed of the glock in what I assume was a small pistol safe hidden in a plastic trash bag.

I'm assuming she wasnt aware of the crash pad until post SHTF

His fiancee disposed of the glock in what I assume was a small pistol safe hidden in a plastic trash bag.

I'm assuming she wasnt aware of the crash pad until post SHTF

I thought the glock wasn't used in the murder, I remember seeing cops looking at the roof of the condo he owned or rented. Beaver pond has a very dark past so I wouldn't be surprised if he tossed the gun in there.

Anyone remember the 1960’s ads for magnet fishing showing a boy pulling up an outboard motor with the magnet the ad wanted to sell you?
This is the first time I’ve ever heard of someone actually magnet fishing.

If you had a long enough line you know how much you could find off the bridges from all River??? lol

When I was a teenager I found a pellet rifle while snorkeling in a local pond.
Brought it home, wiped it down and started fooling around with it.
Damn thing was loaded, almost shot my eye out!
Oh, yeah, I remember, treat every gun as if it were loaded.
Haven't forgotten.
people buy antique flint locks, and sometimes find they are loaded too...a little hard to tell...you have to measure the barrel on the outside and the inside, and see if there is a ball/powder distance discrepancy between the two.

Back
Top Bottom