Magnet Fishing... Found Guns!

"including a .40 caliber Glock handgun which the manufacturer says is best for long distance shooting situations"

must be that fortay with a 16" barrel Glock secretly offers in the EU

"The Colt Cobra is a lightweight, aluminum-framed, double-action short-barrelled revolver, not to be confused with the Colt King Cobra. The Cobra was chambered in.38 Special, .38 New police, .32 Colt New Police, and.22 LR. It holds six shots of ammunition and was sold by Colt from 1950 until 1981."

So the magnet picked up an aluminum frame? Maybe the barrel and cylinder is steel?

"The Colt Cobra is a lightweight, aluminum-framed, double-action short-barrelled revolver, not to be confused with the Colt King Cobra. The Cobra was chambered in.38 Special, .38 New police, .32 Colt New Police, and.22 LR. It holds six shots of ammunition and was sold by Colt from 1950 until 1981."

So the magnet picked up an aluminum frame? Maybe the barrel and cylinder is steel?
Only the frame is aluminum. Cylinder and barrel are steel yes

I'm curious to know if it's really a FA uzi....

How the hell did this guy (within minutes) find these guns in a freakin pond?! You'd almost wonder if he had some sort of information that guns were dumped in that particular area?? Really odd.

Anyone remember the 1960’s ads for magnet fishing showing a boy pulling up an outboard motor with the magnet the ad wanted to sell you?
This is the first time I’ve ever heard of someone actually magnet fishing.
Search "magnet fishing" on YouTube. It's a big thing. People find guns all the time in rivers under bridges.

If the guy had a LTC, I think he can petition the state to claim the Glock.

That would make a great project gun!

If he just wipes down the internal parts it would be good as new.

Do you need a magnet fishing license? Jack.
Plenty of YouTube vids out there of guys magnet fishing getting asked by wardens for a fishing license.....till they see they are magnet fishing. Wardens think they are hand lining.

If the guy had a LTC, I think he can petition the state to claim the Glock.

That would make a great project gun!

If he just wipes down the internal parts it would be good as new.
All the vids I've seen the popo tell them they can claim the gun after any investigations are completed. In mass though.......I would doubt they would offer for the finder to claim it

True story... Grad dad brought home a maxim machine gun from WW1. Put it up on a wall facing the lake. Machine gun laws came into effect and he got a visit from the (as dim memory recalls) secret service as he remembers it as it was before ATF. It was a few months before the tax stamp was required. Same agents showed up after the deadline. Grand dad said he threw it in the lake, they laughed and left.

It's still there, you got a good magnet and a way around the ATF?

I wonder if the author meant Glock 40 (10mm), not .40 caliber Glock. He probably doesn't know squat about guns.

When I was a teenager I found a pellet rifle while snorkeling in a local pond.
Brought it home, wiped it down and started fooling around with it.
Damn thing was loaded, almost shot my eye out!
Oh, yeah, I remember, treat every gun as if it were loaded.
Haven't forgotten.

My first time magnet fishing I found an old East German AK mag.
Went back to the same spot, found 2 more... Found an old red ryder BB gun and a bag of 7.62x39 rounds -eventually a file cabinet- all grabbed and removed. I keep trying to troll for the polytech legend I imagine is in there somewhere. I haven't found it yet.

Back
Top Bottom