• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Magic Gun found in Lynn

SteelShooter

NES Member
During a drug raid yesterday, police found a magic gun under a couch cushion...

“The baby is literally sitting on top of a loaded gun that could go off at any minute from under the mattress,” Lt. Christopher Kelly said.

They didn't say what type of gun it was other than is was a .357 magnum revolver, I'm thinking it was a Harry Potter brand.

Link to Story here

Even my wife and daughter laughed when they read it and had to show it to me.

“The baby is literally sitting on top of a loaded gun that could go off at any minute from under the mattress,” Lt. Christopher Kelly said.

No Lt. Dumbass, it could not "go off at any minute". It's not a time bomb.

-- That said I never kept my .357 under my kids.

OT: I wanted to comment on the story ^, but every crappy birdcage liner in the world now wants you to have an account and "be part of their community". Pass.

They didn't say what type of gun it was other than is was a .357 magnum revolver, I'm thinking it was a Harry Potter brand.

Link to Story here

Most hazardous thing in that room was probably the baby's diaper...

No Lt. Dumbass, it could not "go off at any minute". It's not a time bomb.

Technically, he is right. If it were in the hands of a cop either in the bathroom or if there was a dog around, it could go off any minute.

Why do they mention that it was "fully loaded"? Are there many people who keep their guns "partially loaded"?

Under the mattress on which the infant lay, officers found a fully loaded .357 magnum revolver.

Or is that their less-than-subtle way of making the gun sound more dangerous?

Oh the drama from the police. If they want to be dramatic without sounding completely retarded, why not, "An illegally obtained loaded firearm was kept within reach of small children in the house."

Was that so hard Lieutenant?

"An illegally obtained loaded firearm was kept within reach of small children in the house."

Better, but here is the truth:

"A firearm, attained in a manner that is subject to the illegal and unconstitutional laws of the state of Massachusetts, was found..."

clearly you are unsafe with your firearms. the first two rounds in all of my mags are... yes, you guessed it--snap caps.

OK, NOW I understand why Luv2BFree could out-shoot you with her LC9 at a pin shoot. With one magazine. And single-loading one more round to get the last pin and forgetting about the mag safety. [laugh]

This is one of the reasons I don't read/buy the Lynn Item. Living in Lynn is depressing enough,reading anout what goes on in and around town is even more depressing.

OK, NOW I understand why Luv2BFree could out-shoot you with her LC9 at a pin shoot. With one magazine. And single-loading one more round to get the last pin and forgetting about the mag safety. [laugh]

you try to run a match and keep your head in the game, too. [sad2]

...and then shoot with a ranch hand. [laugh]

Link to Story here

I think that the cops acted with an appropriate level of concern - a .357 is too much gun for a baby (OK, with light .38s, maybe.....). IMNSHO: Babies should be limited to .22s, until they can go potty by themselves.

Why do they mention that it was "fully loaded"? Are there many people who keep their guns "partially loaded"?

Or is that their less-than-subtle way of making the gun sound more dangerous?

It is safer if it is not fully loaded because when it accidentally starts firing, there will be less bullets fired than if fully loaded. Why don't you get this?

you try to run a match and keep your head in the game, too. [sad2]

...and then shoot with a ranch hand. [laugh]
Been there, done that, learned my lesson after shooting yours.

That is a Police Lt. that is going to "Whore Himself" into a chiefs job somewhere.
*sigh* I wish I could think he was wrong with this.

It is safer if it is not fully loaded because when it accidentally starts firing, there will be less bullets fired than if fully loaded. Why don't you get this?
Uh... Well, damn. How did you learn to think like a liberal?

I like this one too

Following the prosecutor’s request for $20,000 cash bail for Rambert, his attorney, Chris Mangos, of Topsfield, acknowledged that Rambert has 16 default warrants under four aliases, but said he “appears more often than not” when summoned to court.

oh well, if he appears more often than not, we should just let him go

“The baby is literally sitting on top of a loaded gun that could go off at any minute from under the mattress,” Lt. Christopher Kelly said

so does Lt. Kelly carry around a baby on his holster to make his gun go off when he needs to shoot a dog?

I was partially loaded once......... then I got into the tequila and went straight to fully loaded.

Link to Story here

I think he meant to say that the baby could have gone off at any time. [grin]

Back
Top Bottom