• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Magazine Question

I just bought a new mag for my Sig SP2022. I read on the package that the mag was for a 2022 so I bought it. When I got home I read on the side of the mag that it was for a .40/357. (the SP2022 comes in 9mm and .40/357) I discovered this, however, after I loaded it up with 9mm ammo. It feeds the rounds into the chamber with no issues. Should I definetly take it back and get the correct one (if they have it) Also I was able to fit 12 rounds into the mag, at first I thought I lucked out and got a non MA complient one by mistake, but now realize that it is for a different size ammo.

Also I was able to fit 12 rounds into the mag, at first I thought I lucked out and got a non MA complient one by mistake, but now realize that it is for a different size ammo.

MA loophole? Wasn't DESIGNED to hold 11+ rounds of ammo, but it does.

I'd take it back. It feeds fine now, but who knows down the line? There'll be a bunch of extra space beside the ammo (well, 1mm more space anyways) it could rattle around, fall out of the feed lips, etc

I must be slacking at work, because this was sent using Tapatalk

I know people have swapped different calibers into the M&P Shield mags with success. However, I am not sure that I would trust this for my EDC and when my life is on the line.

Back
Top Bottom