Magazine online purchases

MP2.0C
the 10rd mag was labeled for a "compact" it sure as hell did not fit the compact

You're probably getting confused because S&W realigned that product line from several years ago.

You probably bought a 10 rd mag for an M&P "SUB COMPACT" (thats what they call it now)

I want to smack the shit out of the person at S&W that thought reordering their product line in this way was a good idea. It's not, it sucks, and its confusing as hell.

You're probably getting confused because S&W realigned that product line from several years ago.

You probably bought a 10 rd mag for an M&P SUB COMPACT (thats what they call it now)

I want to smack the shit out of the person at S&W that thought reordering their product line in this way was a good idea. It's not, it sucks, and its confusing as hell.
i dont think im the one thats confused, if anything, it's S&W that is confused for labeling a subcompact magazine as a compact magazine then packaging it that way to sell at local big name stores

i dont think im the one thats confused, if anything, it's S&W that is confused for labeling a subcompact magazine as a compact magazine then packaging it that way to sell at local big name stores

Is your gun the gun that takes 15 rounds in the real world? If that is the gun, then you need this mag

Smith: "LETS CALL OUR NEW MIDDLE SIZED GUN THE SAME NAME AS THE OLD SMALL ONE! THEN WELL CALL THE LITTLE BLIMP GUN THE SUB COMPACT!!!" said no other gun manufacturer, ever.

Even Glock's shitty numbering system is genius compared to this.

Back when I was in elementary school, at the beginning of the year we always had some guy come in and tell us all how to sell magazines. It was purported to raise money for the school and for some obscure charity. Invariably we were to hassle our aunts and uncles to order magazines through us, so the shady sales guy could make some dough and we would get some cheap trinkets as reward for our efforts. It was just short of a ponzi scheme, the difference being we didn't even get a cut.

I imagine that you could buy THESE magazines online still?

like if I was some old retired guy I would start a letter writing campaign and flood them with angry letters from thousands of gun shops basically pleading with them to stop calling the mid sized gun "compact" it's not. It's bigger than a f***ing Glock 19. Call it M&P 2.0 Mid, M&P 2.0 Carry, something, whatever. jesus h.

Basically the current M&P 2.0 Compact is the IHOP skit of the gun industry. When I hear "M&P 2.0 Compact" I hear "If it weren't for my horse, I wouldn't have spent that year in college."

NSFW

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=73GKhOwhPzs

Back when I was in elementary school, at the beginning of the year we always had some guy come in and tell us all how to sell magazines. It was purported to raise money for the school and for some obscure charity. Invariably we were to hassle our aunts and uncles to order magazines through us, so the shady sales guy could make some dough and we would get some cheap trinkets as reward for our efforts. It was just short of a ponzi scheme, the difference being we didn't even get a cut.

I imagine that you could buy THESE magazines online still?
lulz wut

are you the guy trying to rape us...errr...sell a glock with no mags? good on you trying to make it right!

Naw, You can't just have a barebones Glock now to play. u will also need at least need an RMR, Surefire X300/XC1 and 2 round extensions on all your mags. [laugh]

hmmm.

I have SRO's on two of my Glocks, and weapon lights on two others.
I do not have any magazine extensions. I feel - 'lacking'.

A number of my friends shooting USPSA have mag extensions on their "free state" mags.
With 140mm length as the restriction, they can run 22 or 23 rounds.
Compared to my piddly stock 17 round magazines.

mag on brownells was what i test fit initially. thanks for that gunmag link, ill be on my way now :)

I'm glad you have a thick enough skin to wait out the abuse and get the answer.
NES is like that - somewhere between post 2 and 5 we start getting smartass instead of actually trying to help,
then 10 or so posts later, you'll get info.

If you get all pissy responding to the initial posts, it derails the thread and you never get the info.

There's a staggering amount of firearm knowledge here, everything from antiques through military aircraft.

I'm glad you have a thick enough skin to wait out the abuse and get the answer.
NES is like that - somewhere between post 2 and 5 we start getting smartass instead of actually trying to help,
then 10 or so posts later, you'll get info.

If you get all pissy responding to the initial posts, it derails the thread and you never get the info.

There's a staggering amount of firearm knowledge here, everything from antiques through military aircraft.
Oh no I can speak smartass/sarcasm fluently. I’m not harmed one bit

I’d rather ask questions for clarity than assume. Let’s just say I’m glad I made this thread bc I’m sure someone else may have the same question. Search function for this topic was not helpful beforehand

Oh no I can speak smartass/sarcasm fluently. I’m not harmed one bit

I’d rather ask questions for clarity than assume. Let’s just say I’m glad I made this thread bc I’m sure someone else may have the same question. Search function for this topic was not helpful beforehand
Good on you for going green as well.

Drgrant is is spot on. S&W shifted size nomenclature years back to account for new skews and to classify their "Glock 19" to the appropriate "Compact" category. Prior to this, the 6.7"long, 12 round model was the "Compact". Now in 2021, it is the "Subcompact"

2012.jpg

2021.jpg

So if you bought an old enough "Compact" mag, there's a chance it is what they now call "Subcompact" size. And the silliness doesn't end there with S&W. They now have Full Sized, Compact, Sub Compact, Micro Compact, and Mirco.

You probably bought a 10 rd mag for an M&P "SUB COMPACT" (thats what they call it now)

The perfect about Glock Perfection, mags fit all guns for eva.

nope.
bought a "compact" labeled mag to "fit" a compact.
You must have bought a 9c mag, not a m-2 compact mag. What is the number on the mag package?

You can also buy the full size mag and use the little spacer that came with your gun.

You need this mag.

Attachments

• IMG_0990.JPG
    IMG_0990.JPG
    31.8 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
You must have bought a 9c mag, not a m-2 compact mag. What is the number on the mag package?

You can also buy the full size mag and use the little spacer that came with your gun.
IIRC, s&w clearly labeled the package as “M&P9.0C 10rd” gave it the benefit of the doubt and tried it out. At first glance it would def fit the subcompact lol returned it for my money back so no worries

@ReluctantDecoy posted pics that nailed my situation spot on. The “compact” label on the factory packaging was actually for a SC.

Back
Top Bottom