Magazine-Fed Shotguns

I never understood why one of the gun manufacturers didn't develop detachable tube magazines. This way you could carry a bunch of em in a quiver on your back like arrows.

I never understood why one of the gun manufacturers didn't develop detachable tube magazines. This way you could carry a bunch of em in a quiver on your back like arrows.

I'd guess for the same reason that it's not on rifles, either. The mag tube on a shotgun is generally a structural part of the machine, too (as in a pump, where it's a guide for the forend).

And, as stated above, the FUDDs wouldn't go for it! [laugh]

There are speedloaders for shotguns: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dk0y8NxHhq4

WTH is a fudd? I guess you guys mean Elmer Fudd, but I'm not sure what the relation is.

Yeah, it's from Elmer Fudd. It's common slang for gun owners who only care about their hunting guns and are happy to throw pistol and EBR shooters under the bus.

Since the MKA-1919 has been shipping into the US for a few years now, there are a number of small companies that have begun to produce components for them to facilitate 922(r) compliance and to offer various technical innovations. I work with one such manufacturer and here's an example of what they've come up with. It features a billet machined lower and a handguard with an integrated left-side charging handle. Several of the components in the lower parts kit are cnc machined and heat treated. The gas system has been redesigned to work well with the lower recoil loads often used in sport shooting. The lower receiver has adapters built into it which allow the user to attach any ar-15 stock or grip. As for the ammunition stored in the magazine, if it's plastic, it's prone to being deformed given enough time and temperature. I suppose one could use brass hull ammo to really bring the whole system up to the times (I mean that facetiously).

mod.jpg

Anyhow, this particular shotgun is just one of the shop demo units that we haul around to show folks at matches and stores. It runs smoothly and has relatively low recoil as it's about 8.5 lbs.

This diagram I made shows a different gas system that is very similar to the original MKA design, but it is made using better materials and manufacturing processes. The intent of both these models is to allow the use of original MKA parts in many different configurations and combinations so that an individual can tailor the gun to their needs.

TAC_12_MKA1919_PART_CHART_800x800.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom