• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Magazine-Fed Semi-Automatic Assault Pistol (Monterey Park Shooting)

Many, many moons ago while working on my journalism degree we HAD to buy a book, I think put out by AP, that was supposed to keep you from looking like an ignorant ass hat. It explained details you might have to use in a story. Among other things it had details on firearms, explaining revolver vs pistol, gauge vs caliber, etc. I still have mine around somewhere, It must be worth some bucks now because it looks like it is out of print ---- or maybe these idiots sold their copies the last day of class for beer money

See, when bad guy stops to 'reload' that gives the good guys a chance to rush him and pin him down. This is why we need magazine restrictions to lower the 10 bullet allowance down to 5 or maybe even 4. It's still a good deal cause in the musket days people could get rushed after each shot lol.

See, when bad guy stops to 'reload' that gives the good guys a chance to rush him and pin him down. This is why we need magazine restrictions to lower the 10 bullet allowance down to 5 or maybe even 4. It's still a good deal cause in the musket days people could get rushed after each shot lol.
That's funny. People won't put their phones down long enough to take action.

In the musket days you could attach a bayonet and stab your enemy.

So a Glock with an auto backplate aka "Glock switch"? Lol gotta love the blood thirsty media
That would be an automatic pistol. They wouldn't let that opportunity slide.

One of the posts says it's a Cobray M11. Which either requires exceptional firearms knowledge on the part of the journalist, or actual info.

That would be an automatic pistol. They wouldn't let that opportunity slide.

One of the posts says it's a Cobray M11. Which either requires exceptional firearms knowledge on the part of the journalist, or actual info.
Actually it's an assault pistol now according to the media. Lol.

Cobray M11? Don't hear that often

I saw that LEO speaking to the media, saying that the perp used an 'assault pistol'. I immediately googled it, because I had no idea what it was. I couldn't find anything online referring to an 'assault pistol'.

I saw that LEO speaking to the media, saying that the perp used an 'assault pistol'. I immediately googled it, because I had no idea what it was. I couldn't find anything online referring to an 'assault pistol'.
It's basically just Assault Weapon: Pistol. It remains a term of political convenience.

who are the good guys again?

Well, this particular individual is or I should say was......
Horrible to say but considering the alternative scenario where he may have shot up a group of people of another ethnicity vs his own - there would be far more violent aftereffects on innocent Asian folks in this country. Asians weirdly in our country seem to be the only race who don't get a free pass on anything. If you thought all those elderly and women who got beat the shit out of, kicked in front of subways and blamed for COVID was bad, an Asian male going on a shooting spree would get a reaction as well.

Doesn't matter. Had his name been Yamamoto, some people would still have called him Chinese lol. Chinese are supposed to be the *bad guy* today, right?
Only to the blacks I believe. I have to admit, I'm struggling to keep all the racist based hate groups, and what races they each hate, sorted out

Back
Top Bottom