• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Maga arms

You seem to be hellbent on making me look like an assh*le here. It’s very clear to me that this guy is your buddy and no one is going to talk bad about him regardless of their experience with them that you have no actual personal knowledge of.

This is my last post on the matter. I spoke my mind and I’ll spend my money elsewhere. End of story.
You NAILED it! You DO look like an a**h*** here. I have never ventured to the Mill, live in NH, but have been following this thread. No dog in this fight, but have little patience with whiney bitches. Get a friggin life, Karen.

You kinda sound like a bit of a crybaby though. Got a "snarky" reply and you turn it into a rant(1 on a scale of 10), trashing the guy's business???? Jeezus, find another FFL that will coddle you and make you feel warm and fuzzy. In today's market, I don't blame ANY FFL that doesn't have the time to be babying customers that are not standing in front of them.

This is like 50% of the rock/cave dwellers you run into gun shops buying shit this year and for most of the last year. It's like they fell asleep under a bridge in 2006 and woke up in mid to late 2020 and suddenly went to the gun shop. They expect to be offered a fresh change of pampers and a sippy cup of warm juice or something. [rofl]

Although I do enjoy busting on @MAGAArms , I went back and read the first post, probably should have done that first. Is this thread all about a gun store not kissing someone's ass during this pandemic/gun craze? OP, you just got to go with the flow. All these shops are flat out busy, I'm sure they are getting a ton of calls asking about what accessories are included and other random moron questions. I've seen the line of people at this shop, as I walk by, he was probably busy at the time. If you were happy the first go around, give him a second chance. I'm certain he would make it right.

Personally, I wouldn't blame you if you went somewhere else though. ;)

I hate golf but no one has called a mulligan here. We have way bigger problems in MA and don’t need to make new ones amongst our own. I don’t know Sherif personally but several of my buddies talk highly of him. The other fella being a fireman must be a pretty decent guy himself. Both these guys are responding to the thread perhaps they can hash this out through PM and start over. I love ball busting but at the end of the day we need to have some solidarity.

In most gun shops that abrasive banter is like a right of passage.

Sherif had my dying last time (2nd time) I was in the mill, some guy said he was Armenian and his last name was O'Connor or something, it was just a funny back and forth between them. It's always a good, friendly and banter-ful place in my experience (as are most places, like you said)

I had my first visit there a couple weeks ago. I knew what I wanted and pm'ed a member that is there and asked "what's the chance of having". Got my answer and went there and waited in line like everyone else (didn't have pizza out there when I was there) but there was plenty of coffee and donuts for those of us in line. Very busy place and if I were to go back shortly after being there, I wouldn't expect to be recognized. It will be a while before I make another purchase but when I do, I'll be right back there waiting in line again. (plus 3 1/2 hr round trip).Watching them go from one customer to the next seemed to go pretty smoothly. It was worth it to me.

Edit just to say I was visiting the same room but not MAGA Arms.

Last edited:
I had my first visit there a couple weeks ago. I knew what I wanted and pm'ed a member that is there and asked "what's the chance of having". Got my answer and went there and waited in line like everyone else (didn't have pizza out there when I was there) but there was plenty of coffee and donuts for those of us in line. Very busy place and if I were to go back shortly after being there, I wouldn't expect to be recognized. It will be a while before I make another purchase but when I do, I'll be right back there waiting in line again. (plus 3 1/2 hr round trip).Watching them go from one customer to the next seemed to go pretty smoothly. It was worth it to me.

Edit just to say I was visiting the same room but not MAGA Arms.

All of them there seem like stand up guys. My first and only time (yet)was to see Yakov the day after Christmas. We were messaging on Christmas and he gave me directions both to the mill and then where to find him (it’s a big place, though they are pretty much the first door aside from the batting cages).
People watching while waiting in line is great. Amazing mix of diverse people all crammed together for one single purpose.
Will definitely be back.

As soon as they have AR-10 BCGs....

Could not agree with you more. Anytime I have a NEW in box listing and people start the "do you have non stock pics" or "can I come look at it first" I explain the situation and give them one more chance. If they want it, we set a time to meet at the Mill and I hold it on their word.

It has nothing to do with being new. You bought something once and then sent an e-mail months later with an unreasonable request.

Whether you realized it or not at the time, I'm starting to suspect that you were dumped before your "I'll take my business elsewhere" line.
(No, I won't elaborate in a public forum.)

Honestly, this thread has the same vibe as a woman being pissed off that a one night stand didn't remember her name....months later. 🤦‍♀️
it is not that hard to list off models you have in stock; even if it is a partial list. I am sure as hell not going to just stop into a gun shop without knowing what is in stock prior to leaving the house; especially if the drive isn't just down the road.

it is not that hard to list off models you have in stock; even if it is a partial list. I am sure as hell not going to just stop into a gun shop without knowing what is in stock prior to leaving the house; especially if the drive isn't just down the road.
What would be the point? In this environment even if they have something in stock it’ll be gone by the time you get there.

Think of the mill as a gun show but without the admission fee or hot sauce.

Lol most dealers are easy if you're specific. Like as in "i need x y z, do you have?" Oh can you hold Z for me, i will be in at 4 pm!" Etc. Asking anything remotely open-ended now is pretty retarded.... the market is not very tolerant of that kind of business model right now.

Fair enough.
From the perspective of the business owner, your options are limited. You have a line of 30 people waiting 2 hours to get in the door. Half of them are looking for X.

A customer calls and asks what he has in stock.
If he says "I have X,Y,Z," and the customer wants X, there are now two options:

1) He holds X for the customer on the phone. In that case, Joe Schmoe - who just stood in line for hours, is going to be pissed.

2) He DOESN'T hold X for the customer and Joe Schmoe buys it. When the customer shows up two hours later, now HE will be livid with "YOU TOLD ME YOU HAD X".

That night he'd be posting on NES about how "he drove all that way for no reason," and, in that case, he'd have a reason to be annoyed.

As @CrackPot and everyone else explained, there are far more buyers than there are guns right now. The best policy is to give preference to the customers that are standing there.

@TPNES blatantly pointed out what I was trying to subtlety allude to; there is a plethora of other issues associated with the specific questions asked by the OP.

Not to mention there are more than 30 skus and models within the parameters of what he was looking for, and @drgrant explained why open ended questions were problematic.

Last edited:
You did not get an attitude email back. Sherif (he is MAGA) will ALWAYS say you're welcome if you say thank you. Think of it like pavlov's dog. You said thank you, he says you're welcome. Every time. He does not do sarcasm and does not understand it. Thank you gets you're welcome.

Based on the number of unique customers and repeats this year, I have to believe Sherif has seen over 300 people more than once. No way he is going to remember every face, every email, every phone number, etc. I get that from your perspective you are a repeat customer. If we did not have Biden lines every day we are open (I say we because I am one of the three businesses in that room) then we might get to know our new customers and remember them. Right now it is everything we can do to service the people who come in before they start a riot.

It sounds callus, but in todays environment there are far more customers than there are guns to sell. It takes every minute the shop is open to service the people in line there to make a purchase. If a few people fall by the way side because it is not possible to provide good service over the phone or by email or text, I am not sure that is the wrong trade off. Time limited. Stock limited. That leads to optimizing efficiency servicing the people physically in the shop.

I don't even answer my shop phone anymore when we are open.

Bottom line. Sherif is not a native English speaker, does not understand or do sarcasm or snarky, and is so busy he can't service all his customers. While he could have handled it better, it is not unexpected.
You and Sharif are great guys! I've bought multiple items from y'all.

Having said that, Sherif certainly understands sarcasm. Last time I was there, Sharif was putting a sign on the door saying anyone looking for anything .40 cal was not welcome in the shop.

Pure sarcasm!!!

Last edited:
jesus f***ing christ this thread just gave me cancer

but i think there is a businesss opportunity here and a demographic of gunowners that FFL's are not currently capitalizing on

think the "whole foods" of gun shops, with a customer service team available 24/7

maybe a neck and scalp massage while you wait for your Glock 44 and leather OWB holster

jesus f***ing christ this thread just gave me cancer

but i think there is a businesss opportunity here and a demographic of gunowners that FFL's are not currently capitalizing on

think the "whole foods" of gun shops, with a customer service team available 24/7

maybe a neck and scalp massage while you wait for your Glock 44 and leather OWB holster
faux leather or pleather. no way the whole foods crowd is going in for animal products

Every single experience or transaction I've had with Randy, Yakov, Grant or Sherif has been 10/10 ESPECIALLY with how utterly insane the climate is. I remember in their old shop location I could go in and shoot the shit for an hour with nobody else in the joint flash forward to now waiting in line for 2 hours - either way, I never felt rushed or like a number when speaking with the gentlemen at the shop. They have made living in the god-forsaken state significantly better.

I find this pretty funny. I'm not in the gun industry but I work in an industry that has also had a record setting business year. It's not easy to rapidly expand to meet the customer volume. People just have to be patient. Frequently I get texts "are my parts in?". And chuckle thinking that this guy must really believe he is my only customer. I have no idea who this is or what parts you are waiting for.

Back
Top Bottom