• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Mag not seating

Sauer Grapes

NES Member
I picked up a spare mag for my BG 380, and it just won't seat correctly. I'm thinking maybe spring problem? Any ideas? I'm thinking about taking good and bad mags apart and comparing the innards.

Are you able to insert it all the way into the mag well? Or will it not let you. S&W is infamous for not letting the mag go all the way in with a full mag and the slide closed. My 1911 was that way with one mag. My shield is almost that way.

Disassemble the mag, and make sure the springs are fitting how they should in the mag well. Worst case scenario, call S&W and they will send you a new one. (Probably have to send the problem one back)

Are you able to insert it all the way into the mag well? Or will it not let you. S&W is infamous for not letting the mag go all the way in with a full mag and the slide closed. My 1911 was that way with one mag. My shield is almost that way.

Disassemble the mag, and make sure the springs are fitting how they should in the mag well. Worst case scenario, call S&W and they will send you a new one. (Probably have to send the problem one back)
It will go all but about 1/4" in. I'll try checking the springs. Thanks.

Is this with the mag full or empty?

Is this with the slide forward or back.

Do this and let us know.

start with the Slide back , empty or full, will it go in?

Start with the Slide forward, empty mag. will it go in all the way?

Slide forward, full mag.

Don

Assuming that with a full mag, and the slide back its also no problem.

I think you are on the right path checking the spring.

Another thing is to just load it full and leave it that way for a few days.

Back
Top Bottom