• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Mag Care

I purchased 6 Pro-Mag AR-15 10 Round steel mags ... and have used four of them at matches in the past two months... already two are showing signs of rust... What's the SOP for mag care... Oil? something else??

Jon

Can't speak for AR mags specifically, but I make sure that I take apart my mags and clean them regularly. Also whenever I clean the gun, the rag that has oil on it for putting a light coat on all metal surfaces once completed, gets rubbed on the mag as well.

Adam

Adam_MA said:
Can't speak for AR mags specifically, but I make sure that I take apart my mags and clean them regularly. Also whenever I clean the gun, the rag that has oil on it for putting a light coat on all metal surfaces once completed, gets rubbed on the mag as well.

Ditto.

Sorry, but it needs to be said . . . :)

The best solution to AR15 mags is to only buy the military ones! Aluminum doesn't rust! Some care is still needed, as was pointed out, but at least you won't have to deal with rust.

Back
Top Bottom