• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Madsen M47 ?

MJ1

Received an email from a person interested in my new condition M47 3-06 set today. Not sure where to go with this request.

Market is kind of crazy right now. I had it listed at $1200 two years ago and had a bunch of lookers and one serious guy in the UK till he found one in France for $2200 in Euros..

Nybh3vD.jpg

rJds9Rh.jpg

dCun1Lk.jpg

It has only one brass trace on the follower from when I cycled a round through it in the early 1990s.

Opinions ?

..MJ..

I have a number and it is based on sales from 2019 and 2020 of lesser condition rifles but not $4500. It's a once in a life time item for me and I will never get to shoot it. Having several items like this I'm glad I always bought two or more but this was a one off deal.

Thanks for the reply and insight.

..MJ..

Last edited:
No I think they were based on the M96 and can't take full house 7.62 NATO these are New FR8s based on the M43 Spanis La Caruna 8mm Mauser action. Another pair I would like to shoot before I die.

Oh ok, I thought the FR8 was the Destroyer. So I guess they are what I thought just not the right name lol.

Not completely the same. The M96 has a smaller receiver ring thus the weaker munition spec. from the M43 action which is a full size K98 action used on the FR8. Spanish troop in North Africa were issued the FR as a transition to the auto lading HK type rifles. A bit confusing at least. Some place I have a few pictures of Spanish Legion troops in desert and garrison with the FR8 rifles. The tube under the barrel held cleaning gear and soft plastic beads filled with oil. They were also issued with the CETME bayonets and slings. Not sure about the thought process involved with is all. But at the time they were $110 on the back page of SGN in the early 1980's

Last edited:
I viewed the vid posted and it has motivated me a bit to give the rifle a try. I have a supply of 147g 30-06 M2 ball mostly LC 1960s brass I use for my 03 and M1 rifles.

haGh83i.jpg

Back
Top Bottom