Madonna says guns don't kill people, people kill people

I got to say this surpirsed me:

That would be like asking people to not have guns in action movies," she said. "I mean the thing is, guns don't kill people, people kill people.

"But I know there was several movies that delayed release because of the shootings, for example, at Sandy Hook Elementary school," Vargas said.
"Well that's not going to change the situation," Madonna replied. "This all comes from fear and ignorance, and people not really raising their children, or not paying attention to what's going on."

Madonna (Really): 'Guns Don't Kill People, People Kill People' | NewsBusters

I think its more like she just enjoys being controversial. It's for the chi.. I mean attention.

Wouldn't surprise me one bit that madonna has a decent collection of firearms either.
I don't think this is anything new from madonna. I believe she has expressed this in the past.

Her ex-husband was into martial arts, and - as high profile as she was - I'm sure that she must have had her fair share of stalkers. I imagine that she underwent some degree of self-defense education.

Who's Madonna ?

Are we talking about someone who is a civil rights expert , Constutional authority , or elected official ?

... Or is it some skanky diseased slut who abandoned the USA to pretend she is English aristocracy ?

Who's Madonna ?

Are we talking about someone who is a civil rights expert , Constutional authority , or elected official ?

... Or is it some skanky diseased slut who abandoned the USA to pretend she is English aristocracy ?
High profile enough that people pay attention. She always gonna be talking and people are always gonna be pay attention. Guess we should just be grateful she saying something that supports us. [thinking]

A couple weeks back, there was a "Where are all the pro-gun celdebrities?" Thread.

Here's one, and she gets trashed for not being....what? Young enough? Hot enough?

[rolleyes]

She's an attention whore. She's always been an attention whore. She'll say or do anything for attention because, you guessed it, she's an attention whore. If she was really Pro 2a no one would be trashing her but she's never supported 2A unless it got her some attention.

I dont care is she is doing for attention or not. As a celebrity she has a fan base, probably the younger generation. These are the minds that need to hear this TRUTH and hopefully will stand up for their 2A rights, now and into the future.

You have to wonder if the story tomorrow is that Madonna has lost 9,358,792,183,903 twitter followers because she insinuated that inanimate objects aren't responsible for bad things happening.

Attention whore or otherwise, the more people saying this the better. You could just as easily ask why I should give a f*** what Scarlet Johansson thinks about anything at all, but apparently she's hot, so that somehow validates her support for Obama and gun control. If ten people who like Madonna actually think about something because of this, fine. The people who hate Madonna for fun or profit will be just fine.

Please note: Madonna is rich and famous despite all the people who seem to hate her. That means there are a lot of people who like her.

You have to wonder if the story tomorrow is that Madonna has lost 9,358,792,183,903 twitter followers because she insinuated that inanimate objects aren't responsible for bad things happening.

Attention whore or otherwise, the more people saying this the better. You could just as easily ask why I should give a f*** what Scarlet Johansson thinks about anything at all, but apparently she's hot, so that somehow validates her support for Obama and gun control. If ten people who like Madonna actually think about something because of this, fine. The people who hate Madonna for fun or profit will be just fine.

Please note: Madonna is rich and famous despite all the people who seem to hate her. That means there are a lot of people who like her.

+1

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

People do change their minds, its hard to tell if that is the case here. She did vote for Obama, maybe she has had some sort of change of heart. Only time will tell.

She's an attention whore. She's always been an attention whore. She'll say or do anything for attention because, you guessed it, she's an attention whore. If she was really Pro 2a no one would be trashing her but she's never supported 2A unless it got her some attention.

I'm sorry but the answer that she gave was to straight forward and intelligent to just be "for attention". If she wanted to be shocking there are many other ways that would get a rise out of people with less risk of collateral damage in terms of her image.

Quite frankly and I give a damn about celebrities, but I do appreciate people that can express an opinion factually and represent our 2a rights well. I would say she did just fine

Okay. I get it. Maybe some 30 year old women who grew up listening to her will rethink the 2A issues in contemporary America. And ya , that's good.

Having already stated my opinion of her as a person , what is bothering me isn't really her. What bothers me is that our culture , our society is so far down into the lowest common denominator that Madonna is relevant at all , instead of John Locke , or Thomas Jefferson.

We all know the answer if one were ask the next Madonna fan their opinion on Heller vs DC.
" I don't know who Heller is but ACDC is too loud for me,"

Is what she said even "pro-gun", or is it just common sense? She hardly showed support and made an argument for the cause. She basically said "you people are wrong, and blowing this out of proportion".

Music+10-1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom