• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Madison Cawthorn Stopped by Police from Taking Gun on Flight

This would be so easy for everybody if there was just a little common sense injected into it.

Option 01: Hey can you call someone to come pick it up and bring it home for you before we let you proceed thru security? (assuming that this is for carry on only, checked bags are even easier)

Option 02: If that’s not possible we have gun lockers in a secured area, they're 20.00 to rent and it will be here when you return.

Option 03: If you’d rather just not be without it then you’re free to drive and have a nice day.

Too bad the Speech and Debate Clause is reported to have been watered down.

This would be so easy for everybody if there was just a little common sense injected into it.
Option 02: ... we have gun lockers in a secured area, they're 20.00 to rent and it will be here when you return. ...
Meh, weak.

Gun Free Zone?
I'm holding out for Settled Law of Free storage for all.

From GunFreeZone:

He lost possession of a $2,000 Sticcato C2!

Not just did he lose track of his carry piece, but he lost track of his $2,000 custom carry piece.

Not just is he going to face a $13,910 fine, but he’s going to lose his carry gun and pistol permit too.

In NC it’s forfeit if you are convinced of a gun crime, including misdemeanors.

I absolutely want pro-gun members of Congress.

But I want them to be examples of responsible gun ownership who don’t do dumb shit like this.

He’s looking for attention and is a complete dumbsh*t. Watched his discussion with John Lovell and came away feeling like he is slimy.

Once could be honest mistake. Twice? I think he's looking for the attention. Maybe seeking to make a case of it?

Many of his past decisions have also totally sucked. The guy really is an entitled dweeb.

Sure, I agree with a lot of his positions, but he's not an effective legislator nor, it seems, a particularly useful human being. So... maybe Congress is the best place to put him.

Who doesn't know you can't have firearms in your carry-on when you fly?

Seriously, who doesn't know that? And this has "happened to him" twice?

Lol. We elect morons.

He’s an idiot. He’s the GOP version of AOC, a dumb person who is obsessed with seeking attention and does stupid things like this frequently.

He’s a nobody first term congressman and he put out a list of his endorsements as if he’s a kingmaker with influence. The other GOP in NC think he’s a clown and really want a conservative to knock him off in the primary

Many of his past decisions have also totally sucked. The guy really is an entitled dweeb.

Sure, I agree with a lot of his positions, but he's not an effective legislator nor, it seems, a particularly useful human being. So... maybe Congress is the best place to put him.

He’s in a conservative district. That district can very easily replace him with someone who will vote conservative every vote and won’t be a douche.

This dude has definitely got some mental illness that needs attention from a professional.

Option 01: Hey can you call someone to come pick it up and bring it home for you before we let you proceed thru security? (assuming that this is for carry on only, checked bags are even easier)

Option 02: If that’s not possible we have gun lockers in a secured area, they're 20.00 to rent and it will be here when you return.

Option 03: If you’d rather just not be without it then you’re free to drive and have a nice day.
They only make laws in order to dispense punishment if you break them.
Imagine a world where you break a law and you're given an option to rectify your mistake on the spot.
Technically you do I guess with "officer discretion"

He was also widely criticized for claiming that he had been invited to “orgies” in Washington, D.C. and that he had witnessed cocaine use by his Congressional colleagues.
House minority leader Kevin McCarthy (R., Calif.) said that he had “lost his trust” in Cawthorn after the orgies and cocaine comments.

But he has renewed my faith in the so called, "Honest Politician", that don't seem to exist anymore![smile]

I’m inclined to believe these things were jokes, etc. but he’s not a college bro any longer and it’s a never ending distraction with this guy. His judgement is terrible, I’d rather have a boring conservative.

Last edited:
Cawthorn lost last night. The district will have a reliable conservative who won’t be a moron and seek attention non stop. Cawthorn is the AOC of the Republican Party.

The winner raised $800k, Cawthorn had $3.5 million

Back
Top Bottom