• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Made my first purchase

Picked up my Ruger SR9 from Holliston Firearms this evening. Hoping to get to the range tomorrow night to air it out! [wink] I've been watching vids and reading reviews for the past couple of months, while I was waiting for the LTC to come in, so I knew a while ago what my first purchase was going to be, although I hadn't decided on color. At the shop, they had 1 each left in stock, so I picked up the two tone one with the stainless slide.

Congratulations. We'll be looking forward to your first range report. I've got the SR9c with the stainless slide (bought on my first trip to the shop, too). I thought I wanted all black for concealability, but they only had stainless and I'm happy with it.

Congrats, you're probably going to make a few more "first" purchases soon. NES has a great classifieds section. Don't hesitate to do business with fellow NES'ers. You'll find great deals out there, not to mention a lot of friendly people.

Congrats!

Now you need....

1) Wheel gun
2) AR
3) AK
4) 10/22
5) Shotgun
6) Scoped bolt action
7) Full size 9mm (Glock or Sig)
8) Pocket BUG
9) Mil Surp rifle
10) Enough ammo for all of those to invade equador.

That's a start.

Good luck. It's all downhill from here.

Yeah, I'm already thinking about purchase #2 & 3.... The problem is the budget is very limited. I am thinking a 12 Gauge next, most likely an inexpensive Pardner Protector, when I can catch a sale.

Picked up my Ruger SR9 from Holliston Firearms this evening. Hoping to get to the range tomorrow night to air it out! [wink] I've been watching vids and reading reviews for the past couple of months, while I was waiting for the LTC to come in, so I knew a while ago what my first purchase was going to be, although I hadn't decided on color. At the shop, they had 1 each left in stock, so I picked up the two tone one with the stainless slide.

My first purchase was the SR9 also, absolutely love it & most other Rugers. I just picked up the LC9 to carry and it's phenomenal! Enjoy!

The verdict is in...it's a keeper! Ran a little over 150 rounds through it this evening down at BGRA. Mixed it up with Winchester White Box, Blazer and a few rounds of zombie max. It handled everything perfectly, no problems. I'm very happy with the gun and looking forward to many more range trips in the near future. (This is gonna get, spensive) [wink]

Congrats, I'm glad you like your SR9 I had the SR9c with laser easy to carry, and great gun for shoot. Sometimes Mark has an inexpensive 12GA around $200-300. Happy spending[grin]

Congrats!!!! Time for the next one!! 1911??

How about this one?
6700.jpg

Congats on your first purchase.

Maybe the next purchase should be a carry gun

Last edited:
MichaelJR said:
Congrats!

Now you need....

1) Wheel gun
2) AR
3) AK
4) 10/22
5) Shotgun
6) Scoped bolt action
8) Pocket BUG
9) Mil Surp rifle

That's a start.

Ha, so freakin true ... Just waiting for my CCW in CT and them the parade will start I earnest and I can add to my growing collection more efficiently. No more 2 week wait on retail long guns and pistol palooza will begin as well.

congrats on 1st purchase their will be many more to come , bought my 1st then 5 more in same yr! it like a candy just can have one peice LOL [rofl]

I wish i had the budget to think big. The licensure process, club membership, accessories and gun just about broke the bank for me, so I'll probably have to wait a while to save up some cash and hopefully find some deals down the road. Maybe I should have gotten my license before I got married and had kids, when I just paid for everything with a credite card. Now I have to be all responsible and stuff. [rofl]

Congrats!

Now you need....

1) Wheel gun
2) AR
3) AK
4) 10/22
5) Shotgun
6) Scoped bolt action
8) Pocket BUG
9) Mil Surp rifle

That's a start.

That is a good list - I'm working my way through it. But my wife has her own list, which keeps growing [smile]. Lucky for me, she'll let me shoot her guns!

I wish i had the budget to think big. The licensure process, club membership, accessories and gun just about broke the bank for me, so I'll probably have to wait a while to save up some cash and hopefully find some deals down the road. Maybe I should have gotten my license before I got married and had kids, when I just paid for everything with a credite card. Now I have to be all responsible and stuff. [rofl]

That is so true, I also got started at this later in life. I did wait till I saved up for what I wanted. The 1911 was $1200 but then a safe for the house, a safe for the office, and 1 for under the seat of the pickup. Crossbreed holster & gun belt, club membership & then boxes of 45s just start adding up. No regrets though, I would do it all over again

Back
Top Bottom