Made 250LBS of sausage today

Rating - 100%
23   0   0
Me and some family got together and made about 250 LBS of pork sausage today.
Breakfast and a few varieties of Italian. Great time but I am whipped, lot of work.

headednorth

NES Member
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
Nice! Always kind of wished there was a cooking section on NES. Could possibly tie in with the prepper angle so its not too out of left field for a gun forum. Canning, recipes, meat processing, etc.

Dadstoys

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Nice! Always kind of wished there was a cooking section on NES. Could possibly tie in with the prepper angle so its not too out of left field for a gun forum. Canning, recipes, meat processing, etc.
Good idea.
You reading this boss ?
Made 2 gallons of italian wedding soup with venision sausage and home made bread today , between sessions on the reloading press.
Life is good.

Skysoldier

Forum Curmudgeon
NES Member
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Me and some family got together and made about 250 LBS of pork sausage today.
Breakfast and a few varieties of Italian. Great time but I am whipped, lot of work.
I'll trade you some of my homemade "Los Alamos Chile Sauce......made with New Mexico Sandia Chiles..for some sausage![smile]

Rating - 100%
23   0   0

PennyPincher

NES Member
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Recipe?

What do you use for casing?

I make a really good breakfast sausage (IMHO) which is good as a patty or "crumbles." I even FDed it and put it into my breakfast meals for backpacking or long term storage!

Rating - 100%
23   0   0
Recipe?

What do you use for casing?

I make a really good breakfast sausage (IMHO) which is good as a patty or "crumbles." I even FDed it and put it into my breakfast meals for backpacking or long term storage!
We use natural casing. Still working on tweaking the recipes. One of our uncles used to own a little corner store and made breakfast sausage and it was to die for. Unfortunately he passed and we are trying to duplicate what he made. A lot of people have the ingredient list but not the quantities. sage, white pepper, majoram salt and black pepper

PennyPincher

NES Member
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
We use natural casing. Still working on tweaking the recipes. One of our uncles used to own a little corner store and made breakfast sausage and it was to die for. Unfortunately he passed and we are trying to duplicate what he made. A lot of people have the ingredient list but not the quantities. sage, white pepper, majoram salt and black pepper
This is what I do for breakfast sausage

Ingredients

* 3 tsp sage
* 1 tsp thyme
* 2 tsp black pepper
* 3 tsp sea salt
* 3 tsp parsley
* 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
* 1/2 tsp nutmeg
* 2.5 lbs ground pork

Directions

Mix all dry ingredients and then mix well with the ground pork. Refrigerate for 3-24 hours for flavors to blend.

Use more red pepper flakes for spicier version or possibly use cayenne or dried, crushed chilis.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zappa

Road Warrior
NES Member
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
Took me a minute to figure out that means "Freeze-Dried", I first thought it may have been a case of too much information. [laugh]

Rating - 100%
23   0   0

The only pic I could find, I know someone took more.
This is the 4 hrs of cutting and trimming. The worst part of the process. The supplier ordered us bone in instead of boneless and it adds a lot of time to the cubing process. Started this piece of it at 8:30 and finished at 12:30. grinding and stuffing also took a long time. We finished cleaning up at about 6:30PM
We were fortunate to have my brothers deli as he has lots of refrigerator room, lots of buckets and pans and lots of good knives.

Last edited:
Top Bottom