Machinist question.

My God why is this so hard?
You hacked it off. You now want to hack something back on with a 700+ value plus the stamp!!!
Buy the proper barrel or pay the guy for your hack skills as “a machinist”.
I call that the school of hard knocks.

If it is .500 at the muzzle have someone with a lathe that has half a brain cut the threads for you, not a difficult job at all, just needs to be centered on the bore, not the od of the barrel.

My God why is this so hard?
You hacked it off. You now want to hack something back on with a 700+ value plus the stamp!!!
Buy the proper barrel or pay the guy for your hack skills as “a machinist”.
I call that the school of hard knocks.

idont think you understand the situation or I don’t get your comment lol. Tried to find a barrel, just not sure if the chiappa is proprietary. Doing my research. You don’t think it’s a viable option to have a good gunsmith just thread that? It’s the correct OD already.

Last edited:
idont think you understand the situation or I don’t get your comment lol. Tried to find a barrel, just not sure if the chiappa is proprietary. Doing my research. You don’t think it’s a viable option to have a good gunsmith just thread that? It’s the correct OD already.
Yes. I would let a gunsmith thread the barrel. I've cut more threads than I can count.
I would not just run a die over it.

You can unpin a barrel just fine and any smith/machinist worth their salt can do it and put on a new device etc.

The key here is to stop flinting and let an expert do it. [laugh] Most of them will do this kind of work for
relatively short money.

-Mike
Unfortunately some people, myself included, are occasionally overcome by an urge to do something like this ourselves.
I completely agree with letting experts do things that involve time. money for tools and skills which we most likely do not have, but this "urge" at times is almost irresistible.

Unfortunately some people, myself included, are occasionally overcome by an urge to do something like this ourselves.
I completely agree with letting experts do things that involve time. money for tools and skills which we most likely do not have, but this "urge" at times is almost irresistible.

absolutely agree, just got off chat with Brownells and they also can't confirm their standard .22 AR barrel will fit.

absolutely agree, just got off chat with Brownells and they also can't confirm their standard .22 AR barrel will fit.
WRT checking fit - do you have a spare stripped upper (or AR barrel) that you can try exchanging in the assembly? Do you have another upper that you an disassemble to test-fit?

^^^^

Adam was but human–this explains it all. He did not want the apple for the apple's sake–he wanted it only because it was forbidden. The mistake was in not forbidding the serpent; then he would have eaten the serpent.

Adam obviously was not a SEAL, Airborne or Ranger. They all eat snakes!

Back
Top Bottom