• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Machine gun license

For regular fun times or open terrain maybe, but small arms FA has its use in the dense foliage and vegetation of a jungle environment. When rounds start coming in the effective fire going out should be an immediate and overwhelming response.

Not to mention the rate of fire available from even a handful of guys on FA to dominate and overwhelm a kill zone when the ambush bell rings. I think it’s just a learned discipline to know when it’s going to be effective or when guys are just dumping supplies in an unwarranted fashion.

I suppose?

But I was mostly talking about civilians. Now that I am one? I can't think of any reason why FA would do me any real good at all.

I suppose?

But I was mostly talking about civilians. Now that I am one? I can't think of any reason why FA would do me any real good at all.
Just because it feels good. Don’t forsake your FA murder boner just for common sense gun-fair and saving ammo. Let that shit fly. lol

Interesting enough, I have a non resident MA LTC, with a green stripe across the top.
That might be a different shade of green. The licenses are color coded - LTC(white), FID, License to sell ammo, MA firearms dealer license, restricted FID and prior to the law change LTC-B.

First it depends on the town/city you live in. You must find out if they will even issue and if the will what you need to apply. I live in a very green town and there are only 5 MG licenses issued in my town now this may be because no one ever applies for one l don't know. Also I didn't original apply for mine in my town only renewed. I originally applied and received my MG licence when I lived in Springfield. They never asked if I had a C&R they just asked me the reason and I told them I was a collector. No problem in Springfield I just don't think anyone bothers to ask for one.

Hard to judge meaning from only two words and an acronym. That is the great failing of non-personal communication.

Me, boring? Hardly. Fortunately I have the many memories, unfortunately I also have the scars, lumps and bumps as testament. [wave]

View: https://www.youtube.com/shorts/_CzGEQHHbEM

View: https://www.youtube.com/shorts/KDq4TOBmTC0

View: https://www.youtube.com/shorts/twpx3CkLl_4

Oh, and to answer your other question "in my specific case" I just showed them a copy of my current 03-FFL. As I'm sure you are aware, we ultimately have 351 sets of requirements here in PDROMA. :(

It was barely single shot, but I'm pretty sure I had more fun firing Boris's 1 gauge shotgun than you do the machine guns! [laugh]

Asking for clarification….

When applying for the MGL do you surrender your regular LTC if you’re not approved or how does that work?

When applying for the MGL do you surrender your regular LTC if you’re not approved or how does that work?
Not unless the issuing authority takes action to suspend or revoke the LTC.

I know of towns that will deny MG licenses on the "just too dangerous" basis, but do not erect obstacles for LTC holders and applicants. I would not expect such a department to take action against an LTC holder who applied for a MG licenses.

Well then in hindsight, I guess I should have just followed through with my federal lawsuit and put the bitch in federal prison for a few years, then NO MA judge would have ever had the opportunity to even opine on the issue.
Lol that was never going to happen regardless. When has that ever happened in the US even once?

Wisdom is that you never apply for a MG license without speaking with your chief or LO FIRST to see if they will issue it and if they intend to throw lots of hoops in your way to obtaining it.

Lol that was never going to happen regardless. When has that ever happened in the US even once?

Everything in this world has a "first time". I'm glad that the mere threat of a federal lawsuit right to her face snapped the bitch out of her dictatorial coma. She knew she was wrong from the first words out of her mouth......she just didn't expect someone to firmly stand up to her bullshit without the slightest hesitation.
That's the problem with most people in MA with regard to gun licensing.......if you allow the dictator to DICK YOU......they'll do it every time..... and smile about it.

Everything in this world has a "first time". I'm glad that the mere threat of a federal lawsuit right to her face snapped the bitch out of her dictatorial coma. She knew she was wrong from the first words out of her mouth......she just didn't expect someone to firmly stand up to her bullshit without the slightest hesitation.
That's the problem with most people in MA with regard to gun licensing.......if you allow the dictator to DICK YOU......they'll do it every time..... and smile about it.
I mostly agree with this but I doubt it was "cuz jayle" just because she didn't want to be held accountable or exposed in public for costing the town legal fees when she used her discretion inappropriately.

None of these mfers go to jayle tho. They may, however, face a helicopter someday, though. 🤣

Back
Top Bottom