• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Machine Gun License

Hello to all. I am now here and spend a little time flipping through the threads. A friend of mine and I are looking to get our licenses. I am looking for a LTC-A no restrictions. I just have one question about mine. In the references section of the application are they looking for 2 gun owners as references or are they just looking for people that know you wont go berzerk with it?

My friend was looking to get a collectors license or as the application calls it "machine gun" license. I take it that those are not common to recieve. We live in a green town so I dont think that I will have an issue getting my LTC, but would him not receiving his collectors license be a ding on his record for being denied? Thanks in advance for your time.

Not certain what you're referring to, since the standard MA application explicitly calls it a Machine Gun License. Some CLEOs will issue them; others won't. There are two reasons for getting one listed in the relevant statute, one of which is for bono fide collectors. This is generally interpreted to mean people holding a federal firearms license for "Curios and Relics". Those are easy to get, and the just benefits from price reductions from many distributors easily justifies the $30 cost.

Good luck on getting unrestricted licenses.

Ken

As far as an MG license goes the LO is either going to tell you one of three things "Yes, its possible "Yes, its possible given (some conditions, perhaps a meeting with the chief, etc. ) or "F**k no what are you nuts?" If you get denied verbally (discouraged from even applying) it is not a statutory denial in my mind. In a small town he might be able to talk to the chief directly about it.

-Mike

Back
Top Bottom