Machete, Chopper, large Blades

SHOCKNAWE

NES Member
094D84A7-F376-4531-8FFE-1D96045366AF.jpeg D291AD11-C5DC-4ACA-B816-B90D8D7818B4.jpeg So I just got back from a camping trip, I took with me a multi tool, a folder and my Esee 6. I decided that I really had no use for the Esee 6 mainly because it was terrible at chopping limbs and getting branches and sticks ready for firewood. I sold the Esee 6 on Ebay and bought the Ontario Rat 2. I do own an Esee Junglas but being from the school that One is none I wanted another Chopper so I picked up the Rat 2, going forward this or the Junglas will be mandatory on camping trips.

Camping is a great way to separate and classify blades.
Sometimes I see a knife and think "This would be perfect for this application" only to find out that it is too large or the handle geometry is all wrong (for my hands.)
In the Woods you'll find your answer...

Thanks for this post.
~Matt

Holy crap. That thing looks like a handful!

Was in harbor freight getting a tarp for a slip and slide when my 6 year old son spotted a machete for $5. Of course I said yes.
We’ve been playing with it for the past week and haven’t broken it yet. It’s a pretty good tool for a one or two time need, like most harbor freight stuff.

Following this thread as now we’re lookingfor a decent replacement machete. Something that is bettt than HF but not a ton of money, either.

I have a boker bk2 that i use to baton open cans and cut food. Also a fiskars hatchet and I can handle anything besides machete tasks, which doesnt come up alot for me hiking and backpacking too often

What color are your handles? They look a little towards blue.
Mine is more green. Looks like a pickle... [rofl2]

1593565525692.png

Back
Top Bottom