Ma. Woman shoots 900lbs Gator

I wonder if we taste like chicken to a gator? That is one huge man eating animal. You better be prepared to drop the pole. I'm thinking if you get pulled into the water, you're dead.

Watch the show Swamp People. That's all those guys do down in Louisiana. They take the gators down with these old rusty 22lr's too.

Watch the show Swamp People. That's all those guys do down in Louisiana. They take the gators down with these old rusty 22lr's too.

I can't believe I got hooked on that show. But I still haven't figured out why they keep using a .22 and aiming for a small little soft spot as the gator flails around instead of using something bigger to penetrate the skull and kill the thing easily. It seems to me that a bear-stopping 9mm would be perfect [wink]

I can't believe I got hooked on that show. But I still haven't figured out why they keep using a .22 and aiming for a small little soft spot as the gator flails around instead of using something bigger to penetrate the skull and kill the thing easily. It seems to me that a bear-stopping 9mm would be perfect [wink]

Probably because they don't want to risk breaking their tooth on a bullet fragment!

Anything bigger would destroy the hide and the hide is more than half the value of the animal.

You have to pull it in to the boat before you shoot it? [shocked]

F that...

On Swamp People they pull the gator to the side of the boat to shoot it. The gator generally does not cooperate.

Swamp People is filmed down around Louisiana, IIRC. The hunters on Swamp People have shot at gators swimming at some distance from the boat.

It appears South Carolina rules are different.

1:02 I love how she cant hold back her giggles when she explains she had to stab him a couple times to break his spinal cord.

I just watched the video. She is not originally from MA but has likely been up here a long time. She has a southern accent that peeks through on occasion.

It appears South Carolina rules are different.

I took from the video that they need to have the gator under control and up against the boat before being allowed to shoot it. ie; no long distance shots. I did not take it that they needed to have it IN the boat.

I took from the video that they need to have the gator under control and up against the boat before being allowed to shoot it. ie; no long distance shots. I did not take it that they needed to have it IN the boat.

That makes a lot of sense... can you imagine trying to haul a 10+ foot gator into the boat to shoot it... Oh... and if you miss what happens to the boat!

Every time I see one of them pull out a rifle of pistol I almost get sick at how rusty their hardware is. Someone need to introduce the southern states to stainless steel guns.

I have eaten gator a few times. First times were at bike rallies and they had the meat on a stick and done on the grill. It really dried it out and wasn't that good. The last time I had it was outside of Atlanta at a Cajun seafood restaurant and it was cut into chunks then battered and fried. That was excellent and kind of reminded me of scallops. If I lived closer I would go back there for more of it right now. The guy that took us there said he has a friend that drops him off big chunks of tail meat and they do it at home too.

Back
Top Bottom