• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

MA with LTC-A visiting a range in CT

I currently have my LTC-A (with sporting restriction) in MA. I grew up very close to the CT border and there are some ranges nearby where you can rent lane time. Is it legal to transport my handguns/rifles unloaded an locked in my car to said ranges for use? Or would I also need to obtain a CT Non-Res Permit? Thanks!

I currently have my LTC-A (with sporting restriction) in MA. I grew up very close to the CT border and there are some ranges nearby where you can rent lane time. Is it legal to transport my handguns/rifles unloaded an locked in my car to said ranges for use? Or would I also need to obtain a CT Non-Res Permit? Thanks!

To bring handguns into CT you'll need your non-res CT permit. The rifles would be okay as long as they meet CT's rifle laws (similar to MA plus no AK47 or other rifles in 7.62 x 39).

Last edited:
As long as it doesn't fall under the CT AWB, there is only ONE law governing the transport of long guns. It must be unloaded. It does not need to be in the trunk. It doesn't need to be cased or locked. As long as its unloaded.

Back
Top Bottom