Ma trigger on S&w m&p 2.0 .40 cal

My s&w 2.0 have a very heavy trigger, if i use snapcap and dryfired it a lot will it get better? I dont want to spend money on an aftermarket trigger because economic will crash soon,may lose my job at the machineshop.

Order the free state $2 trigger spring. The action will smooth out over time but trigger pull will remain heavy

Put the free state trigger parts in it, not very expensive, will make it normal.

Got any more info on this? I didn't really pay too much attention to how heavy the trigger was while in the store, it was an impulse purchase. Now that I've dry fired it a bunch of times I don't really care for the trigger. How much lighter is the free state version?

Thanks.

Dry fire will not improve the Massachusetts trigger on an M&P enough to matter. The free state triggers on these guns are very acceptable though. I don't think the free state trigger is wonderful, but it is good enough that I would be happy with the gun.

In the past it was difficult to get the parts to convert a Mass M&P to a free state trigger. This is mainly because S&W has absolutely no interest in helping with this conversion. In fact, I think they have made efforts to make the process difficult. But if the parts are available to convert a M&P 2.0 to free state configuration, that would be a preferred solution in my opinion. The stock parts should be much cheaper than an Apex kit, and you end up with a gun which has no aftermarket parts in it, which I also like. Hopefully, some of the other posters here can link to some tips on how to make the conversion.

In the past, an M&P with an Apex trigger kit was about the only way to buy a pistol from a Mass FFL and get a shootable trigger in it. And an M&P with an Apex kit is a very satisfactory gun in many ways. But at this point, there are other options, and I like some of them better. As I mentioned, I prefer a stock gun when that is possible. I think it makes future servicing easier, and it may have liability advantages, though this is debatable.

So overall, I think the best trigger upgrade for a Mass M&P is the H&K VP9. I realize this is not always reasonable, but the VP9 only costs a little more than an M&P with an Apex kit, and you get a gun that is good to go right out of the box. VP9 pistols are not Massified, and their triggers are quite good for a stock striker fired pistol. Another option is the Springfield pistols, which also have their standard guns approved for sale in Mass.

Got any more info on this? I didn't really pay too much attention to how heavy the trigger was while in the store, it was an impulse purchase. Now that I've dry fired it a bunch of times I don't really care for the trigger. How much lighter is the free state version?

Thanks.
The MA trigger is about 10.5lbs, My M&P 2.0 5" FDE free state gun just measured 5.4-6.1lb with a Lyman digital gauge over 5 pulls. So the free state trigger is literally about half the pull weight. It isn't that hard to change the parts and not that expensive if you have some basic gun smithing tools, but if you don't know how get someone that does to help you or have a smith do it. I put Apex duty/carry kits in my other M&P's and I always eliminate the stupid magazine safety, but that's getting more into it than you would probably want.

The MA trigger is about 10.5lbs, My M&P 2.0 5" FDE free state gun just measured 5.4-6.1lb with a Lyman digital gauge over 5 pulls. So the free state trigger is literally about half the pull weight. It isn't that hard to change the parts and not that expensive if you have some basic gun smithing tools, but if you don't know how get someone that does to help you or have a smith do it. I put Apex duty/carry kits in my other M&P's and I always eliminate the stupid magazine safety, but that's getting more into it than you would probably want.
Magazine safety? I’m pretty sure mine doesn’t have one. I was dry firing it a bunch yesterday, I’m pretty sure I didn’t have the mag in it.
I will look into the Apex duty carry kit. I’m not looking to get a competition trigger in it. I just want to match the free state trigger.
Thanks. Now I gotta go check about the magazine safety.

Thank u for the advices guys,ill get the freestates s&m parts. Was saving up for that tavor 7 then stupid wuhanflu hit soo i have to spend all my money on can foods and toilet papers.be safe and sane peoples, gl.

Magazine safety? I’m pretty sure mine doesn’t have one. I was dry firing it a bunch yesterday, I’m pretty sure I didn’t have the mag in it.
I will look into the Apex duty carry kit. I’m not looking to get a competition trigger in it. I just want to match the free state trigger.
Thanks. Now I gotta go check about the magazine safety.
Not all of them have a magazine safety, all of the MA compliant M&P's used to have it, not sure on the 2.0's as mine is a free state one.

Am about to replace that 12 pounds massachusset trigger spring with a free state m&p trigger spring that i got from ebay, how come the ma trigger spring look a lot bigger? Did i buy the wrong spring? Anyones know about this?

Attachments

• 20201124_163912.jpg
    20201124_163912.jpg
    183.3 KB · Views: 23
Lots a YouTube videos on how to swap out the triggers. Its really easy. I've done both of my 9mm 2.0 M&Ps

Back
Top Bottom