MA Towns Suspending Licensing?

You can call the FRB and check the status
View attachment 375359

I just called this number.

They said my license was approved and mailed to the PD on July 24. I applied in April. The old one expired after June 1. Turns out they never gave me the "MIRCS receipt", but a generic one and copy of cancelled check. I already had that, and they mailed me the copies. They put me on voicemail to the licensing officer, who of course is out. I just left a message that they have my license and I can come pick it up.

Oddly enough, they did not ask for the old LTC number, but for the driver's license number, name, and birthday. I guess this is more reliable than the LTC system.

Why, oh why, don't they just add on the LTC function to the driver's license, like the organ donor, and other info? It can just be another checkbox. Just that this one would need the approval of the local police chief.

Why, oh why, don't they just add on the LTC function to the driver's license, like the organ donor, and other info? It can just be another checkbox. Just that this one would need the approval of the local police chief.
Or just take the locals out of the process altogether, no more patchwork of requirements or extra steps, The state is issuing them already.

Or just take the locals out of the process altogether, no more patchwork of requirements or extra steps, The state is issuing them already.
Careful what you wish for. MSP could go to 100% restricted licenses like NYC. We need a federal case win that gets rid of unconstitutional May Issue horseshit.

I just called this number.

They said my license was approved and mailed to the PD on July 24. I applied in April. The old one expired after June 1. Turns out they never gave me the "MIRCS receipt", but a generic one and copy of cancelled check. I already had that, and they mailed me the copies. They put me on voicemail to the licensing officer, who of course is out. I just left a message that they have my license and I can come pick it up.

Oddly enough, they did not ask for the old LTC number, but for the driver's license number, name, and birthday. I guess this is more reliable than the LTC system.

Go on MIRCS and try to do a validation of your old LTC #, it says invalid. Probably why they can't ask for LTC#. Today she just asked me Last name, first name and DOB.

Got a call Monday from the license guy at the PD. He said he did not have it yet, and he just went through his entire pile. He also said he got a call from another town that had many dozens of licenses from our town sent there. He said to just be patient, and it will come. That doesn't help me if I want to buy something and need the LTC.

Got a call Monday from the license guy at the PD. He said he did not have it yet, and he just went through his entire pile. He also said he got a call from another town that had many dozens of licenses from our town sent there. He said to just be patient, and it will come. That doesn't help me if I want to buy something and need the LTC.
Call the state, towns lie.

They left a message yesterday to come get it. Went around 7:00 PM tonight, and picked it up at the front window. April until August.

My wife's ltc showed up today. Exactly the time she was told. Took 4 weeks from interview to it arriving in the mail box.

I was checking the details on my license. I noticed the picture. It was not the same as my old license. I then looked at my driver's license. YUP! They used the picture from the driver's license for the LTC.

This just further makes me want them to have just one license, with different checkboxes (LTC, FID, Class A driving, etc.)

I just got notified my license renewal is in. Mine expired in April, I submitted my renewal papers in January, they stopped taking in person interviews around March.

They left a message yesterday to come get it. Went around 7:00 PM tonight, and picked it up at the front window. April until August.

Forty days. They got it. OK, it was not "40 days in a row," as there were a few extras added in, but that's a good thing. King of like ordering a cheeseburger, and they give you a double cheeseburger by mistake.

Southwick, MA just announced that they will be suspending the processing of new applications.

Southwick, MA just announced that they will be suspending the processing of new applications.

Yet....the police are still taking the gravy details every day and mingling with different people every single day and most of them do not wear a mask. Funny they have no concerns about that exposure.

BFYTW.

BFYTW.

This doesn’t seem much easier than what I just went though with my renewal here in MA, just a little cheaper, and there’s no cop exercising discretion involved (though I don’t have to deal with a courthouse either).

Southwick schools just went fully remote too. I'm guessing that makes them think they have some kind of legitimacy to do this. I hope the lawsuit hurts.

Why do you want to tell people that you own guns when you hand them your driver's license?

No thanks it's none of their business. A DL gets used for identification for other stuff. I'd rather not show the TSA retard at the airport that i own guns or bank teller, etc, for that matter.

This doesn’t seem much easier than what I just went though with my renewal here in MA, just a little cheaper, and there’s no cop exercising discretion involved (though I don’t have to deal with a courthouse either).

Probate court is an office in my county administration building, not in a courthouse.
It's the same building that I pay my vehicle registrations in and attend public hearings.

Best of all for me - it's about 1/2 mile from my house.

Why do you want to tell people that you own guns when you hand them your driver's license?

No thanks it's none of their business. A DL gets used for identification for other stuff. I'd rather not show the TSA retard at the airport that i own guns or bank teller, etc, for that matter.

I use my passport card for identification as it does not have my address on it. Looks like a DL hard plastic credit card size photo and date of birth for age verification purposes.

but wait! The state just stated in their response to one of the cases that PD's HAVE TO ISSUE OR DENY an LTC in 40 days! (here's my shocked face) :rolleyes:

but wait! The state just stated in their response to one of the cases that PD's HAVE TO ISSUE OR DENY an LTC in 40 days! (here's my shocked face) :rolleyes:

They aren't doing either if they aren't letting you submit your application. No sarcasm. The ability to pick and choose laws to follow is disgusting.

They aren't doing either if they aren't letting you submit your application. No sarcasm. The ability to pick and choose laws to follow is disgusting.
From what I can tell, Boston is working through their backlog and is somewhere around those who applied around Feb/March and had their appointments cancelled around April timeframe. People who applied in April/May are still waiting to for their email invitation to submit forms electronically.

I can also attest that Waltham is processing with a ~4 week delay for your prints/photo appointment.

Funny. My town has never given me, my parents or my wife a hard time about our LTC.

I got the notice that mine is expiring soon. Called them on Friday and left a voicemail. Went online and filled out an appointment request... nothing. Called back and got an automated message saying due to COVID to mail in a form with a check... only I don't see any forms. I'll give it til Friday before I email the detective who I've dealt with in the past.

Back
Top Bottom