MA Towns Suspending Licensing?

They enforce the law, so there is some worth.
Chiefs sit behind a desk and play politics. He may not charge you, but if you think he's going to intervene when you get charged by anyone else, including an officer from his own department, and put his career on the line, you're delusional. And yes, officers file charges long before the chief hears about them all the time. And it's career suicide to try to pull back the paperwork.

His statement is worse that useless, its reckless because someone will believe it and get themselves jammed up.

It is actually written into MGL. I had to supply that info to my MA chief as they weren't issuing receipts and were "unaware" of the requirement since the 2014 law was passed.

Don't feel special, Len...my Town was "unaware" that a <18 FID was $25, not $100, though they apparently knew it when my older son applied a year before. Perhaps they forgot, as it was Kid and MsHappy (she drove him) at the PD, and the other time it was Kid and Dad. Fortunately, my son had a printed copy of the MGLs relevant to the situation.

They never mentioned a photo to me, so I guess they just reuse the prior one.

What is this CJIS receipt someone mentioned? I got a receipt from the police department, and a copy of my check. I think it has been 3 weeks so far since I applied, and I have about 3 left. I guess I just need to give them a little more time.
My town uses your drivers licence photo.

I dropped mine off in March and got a receipt. Couple weeks later I got a call from the licensing officer asking me to drop a check. I did. New license arrived in the mail on Friday. Easiest renewal I have ever done.

Moving forward, how can we make this style renewal more of a permanent style of getting licenses vs the bullshit of jumping through hoops, making appointments and interviews.

I don’t like how we need a license to begin with, but unless SCOTUS strikes that down I don’t see it going anywhere.

Moving forward, how can we make this style renewal more of a permanent style of getting licenses vs the bullshit of jumping through hoops, making appointments and interviews.

I don’t like how we need a license to begin with, but unless SCOTUS strikes that down I don’t see it going anywhere.

File federal suit now on behalf of thoses denied application and renewal, the inequities of the "normal" system would be forced into scrutiny.

🐯

I bet they changed roles somewhere along the line, and it turned up when going through the old guy's mail, so they decided to be decent and get it to you quick. Maybe your email jogged them to check with the state, who said it was at the PD. Congratulations on the no restrictions. What town?
Weymouth

Maybe your email jogged them to check with the state, who said it was at the PD.

This sort of just happened to me. I applied March 14th, license was approved and mailed to my PD in mid April. I called the FRB last week to check on it which is when they told me my PD received it last month. I emailed my licensing officer (may15th) and then I got an email from him the following day saying it “just arrived” and was ready to pickup.

Anyone live in a town that suspended their new application process but started back up recently???

Friend of mine who lives in Medford tried to apply back in Feb and they literally stopped the same week.
Gave some lame excuse about how they will start up again once Gov Baker allows them to. Which is 100% BS as it was never a mandate to suspend the new applications in the first place.

Was sent the below, curious if others have seen this and if it applies to LTCs.

In Framingham they've also closed off the lobby of the police station by blocking it with a cruisahh. I hope nobody needs to go in there for help cuz they closed for business....

Couple weeks ago I received a letter from TX DPS telling me my LTC is expiring in October and directing me to go online and renew and I would be given a "checklist" of any extra steps I needed to take (picture, prints, or documents). So I finally did it today. Less than 3 minutes. My "checklist" just states they will attempt to use the photo on file and so long as it "meets requirements" I am all set otherwise they will let me know. My guess would be a photo has to be within a certain number of years to "meet requirements." Since this is my 1st renewal I am guessing it will be fine. Will try to let y'all know when I get the renewal.

ETA: cost $42.50 (it's less if you qualify as a veteran, my husband's costs $25 on renewal)

Friend of mine who lives in Medford tried to apply back in Feb and they literally stopped the same week.
Gave some lame excuse about how they will start up again once Gov Baker allows them to. Which is 100% BS as it was never a mandate to suspend the new applications in the first place.

I would suggest your friend wait before applying regardless of their virus pause nonsense and move out of that POS town unless he is connected or owns a business or wants to be stuck with a restricted LTC for 6 years, courtesy of Chief "Fat" F**kley. I am simultaneously so glad to be out of there yet so livid that they won't expire me early.

One of my tenants at the Mill rec'd a STATE FORM from the Little PD saying that he was OK till renewed or denied. Did anyone else get one of these? Jack.

Were they refereing to the receipt you get when you renew prior to expiration? That is one of the main purposes of the receipt. Hmm.

One of my tenants at the Mill rec'd a STATE FORM from the Little PD saying that he was OK till renewed or denied. Did anyone else get one of these? Jack.
Did it specify if it was for his dealer license or LTC?

My town is doing things a bit different now. When I went down a few years ago they took me in that instant, filled out the application for me and then sent it all in. That was with the chief. New chief, covid, so new rules I guess. My wife just did her LTC class. She called the police station. They told her to fill out the application and mail it in to the officer that does the ltc stuff now. That went out yesterday. Hopefully will get her interview appointment quickly. So far not disppointed with our towns newer process considering the circumstances. I will keep everyone updated. I'm sure the state will take its sweet time though.

Dropped off my renewal form, check, photo copy for drivers and LTC license and picture at Leominster PD Tuesday. Female civilian who handles renewals wasn't there and desk officer took folder and said she would call me. No call and no receipt. I will call her next week and request a receipt.

Dropped off my renewal form, check, photo copy for drivers and LTC license and picture at Leominster PD Tuesday. Female civilian who handles renewals wasn't there and desk officer took folder and said she would call me. No call and no receipt. I will call her next week and request a receipt.
Personally, I would not have left the check or anything else for that matter w/o getting a receipt.

Back
Top Bottom