MA Towns Suspending Licensing?

MAJoe

NES Member
Was sent the below, curious if others have seen this and if it applies to LTCs.

EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY:
In order to ensure resources are focused on providing essential public safety services, the Waltham Police Department will be temporarily suspending all routine/non-emergency services, including fingerprinting, records requests and licensing .
These services will resume at a date yet to be determined.
Thank you for your patience at this time.

In an email from the Franklin MA Police an hour or so go...

Firearms LicensingRenewals of firearms licenses will continue to occur on-line only. The picture needed to complete the renewal will occur on a later date to be determined. All new license applications are suspended until further notice.

Last edited:
MEDFORD! My nephew got a phone call stating... "we'll call you on April 1st to schedule an interview" No issuing or renewing licenses!
Office is shut down for corona.

MEDFORD! My nephew got a phone call stating... "we'll call you on April 1st to schedule an interview" No issuing or renewing licenses!
Office is shut down for corona.
Shitheads. You could do your own prints and pictures and mail them in. The interview could be done via phone. Jack.

Much like the schools closing, some of the pd admin types may have covid vacations. I heard today, this is the case here. No 01930 renewalls for a couple weeks.

Its good to have a few healthy first responders, in case theres a local outbreak, imho.

Their typewriters might catch a Smith-Corona virus.

Or perhaps their rifles?

wm_831182.jpg

My town is a HORRENDOUS speed trap. Haven't seen them out there lately...

Are they going to stop traffic stops, for the same reason? [rolleyes]

I was wondering this. With the Black Death being spread by, effectively, standing near people, I can't see cops making as many routine revenue grabs, er, traffic stops. Masks for cops?

Oh well my lawsuit would also be "at a date yet to be determined". Most likely the day after I realized I was being ignored. Quit the job if you can't handle it.

I’m from Waltham. Good thing I picked my renewal up on Monday, Sucks for my wife as she needs to drop hers off. They also canceled school until 3/30

Corona virus insanity ! How long before grocery & gas rationing starts?

Is it gonna be odd & even days again ?
(Points if you remember the "gas crisis" times of the '70's.

I remember that. Fortunately I was in the Navy at the time and the gas station on base didn't have odd/even days (and their gas was way cheaper) and furthermore, I was riding a motorcycle at the time so it was great on gas.

Last edited:
Corona virus insanity ! How long before grocery & gas rationing starts?

Is it gonna be odd & even days again ?
(Points if you remember the "gas crisis" times of the '70's.

Sure do. The odd & even days and green/yellow/red flags. I made a killing going up and down the line of cars selling soda's and apple juice. [thumbsup]

I suspect they jumped at the excuse to deny you your right to possess a firearm
I would send them a completed application for renewal along with a money order for $100, registered mail, with a copy to my attorney, registered mail. CYA covered.

Back
Top Bottom