MA Towns Suspending Licensing?

SFC13557

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dropped off my renewal form, check, photo copy for drivers and LTC license and picture at Leominster PD Tuesday. Female civilian who handles renewals wasn't there and desk officer took folder and said she would call me. No call and no receipt. I will call her next week and request a receipt.

Whutmeworry

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
NOT 1600 Pennsylvannia Avenue anymore!!!!
Dropped off my renewal form, check, photo copy for drivers and LTC license and picture at Leominster PD Tuesday. Female civilian who handles renewals wasn't there and desk officer took folder and said she would call me. No call and no receipt. I will call her next week and request a receipt.
Personally, I would not have left the check or anything else for that matter w/o getting a receipt.

hillman

NES Member
Rating - 100%
38   0   0
We submitted my wife's renewal form 60 days ago in Millbury. They brought over a receipt the next day. Still, 59 days so far and no new LTC... She expired March 27.

AFVet

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, now I am not a happy camper,,,,, I just got a phone call from the CoP of my town, He was pleasant, called me by my first name, and wanted to schedule a meeting for Jun 17 for my LTC, He stated "since it was my first time", i'm hoping he meant in this town since i have been licensed since 1978. So my Question to you guys that have lived here all your "Ltc" years, cause i haven't... Is this a normal part of the procedure ? Is everything back and ready other than his interview ? or is this just the first step and i wont see my renewal until Jesus's 2nd coming ? I would really appreciate some honest answers considering i was actually happy a week ago when i turned the renewal in. Thank You Paul

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, now I am not a happy camper,,,,, I just got a phone call from the CoP of my town, He was pleasant, called me by my first name, and wanted to schedule a meeting for Jun 17 for my LTC, He stated "since it was my first time", i'm hoping he meant in this town since i have been licensed since 1978. So my Question to you guys that have lived here all your "Ltc" years, cause i haven't... Is this a normal part of the procedure ? Is everything back and ready other than his interview ? or is this just the first step and i wont see my renewal until Jesus's 2nd coming ? I would really appreciate some honest answers considering i was actually happy a week ago when i turned the renewal in. Thank You Paul
NOTHING has been done yet. CoP probably doesn't even send it to the state until after your interview. Why can't he see you until June 17th? Why not today or tomorrow? Is he THAT busy?

Rob Boudrie

NES Member
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
This could range for a CoP who simply wants to meet all applicants to one on a scavenger hunt for a reason to deny. No motivation can be determined from the info given. He probably did mean "first time" (as in "This department has no file on you...."). Time to worry is if (s)he asks if you still beat your wife.

I would exercise caution and recommend showering withing 24 hours of the meeting. Chances are likely that nothing is "back and ready", but will be sent out after the interview.

union

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well our update isn't great. our police department called my wife yesterday. Less then a week since she mailed in her app. Fairly quick. Probably sat on the Sargent's desk for a day so I'm ok with that. However it goes downhill from here. They told her that they were going to shred her check. Because of all this covid junk they are not letting people into the station. They also did not give her a timeline to when this might change. Hopefully not too far from now.

SERE

NES Life Member
NES Member
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
Well our update isn't great. our police department called my wife yesterday. Less then a week since she mailed in her app. Fairly quick. Probably sat on the Sargent's desk for a day so I'm ok with that. However it goes downhill from here. They told her that they were going to shred her check. Because of all this covid junk they are not letting people into the station. They also did not give her a timeline to when this might change. Hopefully not too far from now.
:mad: If they opened the envelope enough to know it was a check and application they could have put it aside open and come back to it later if they were that paranoid.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Is there a phone number for the state, so one can check status? My expiration is getting close. We have 40 days after expiration "grace period", correct? Or is it 90? What then?

MisterHappy

NES Member
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
On the 16 yard line, shootin' for the Lewis!
Is there a phone number for the state, so one can check status? My expiration is getting close. We have 40 days after expiration "grace period", correct? Or is it 90? What then?
You have indefinite time after expiration, IF you get your app in, and it's submitted to the State, and you get a receipt.

The issue is that not all towns are equally accommodating, WRT doing what needs to be done.

IF you have your app in, you're good. IF you have the receipt.

Top Bottom