• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

MA Towns Suspending Licensing?

I put my renewel in with the Stoneham Police Department a week ago and got the call this past Friday that due to the virus situation that the are not doing in person renewals and was told to mail my application, check, letter to chief and copy of utility bill to the Police Department and they would handle everything from there.

Did renewal appointment about 4 weeks ago in North Andover and was just notified it came in. Mailing it to me since station is shut to public I guess. We know the state is obviously processing which is good. I've had more trouble with the state renewing an insurance license this last month than my LTC. Hope mail-in appointments go smoothly for everyone renewing in this climate.

Started my renewal in February then my town stopped the renewal process due to the virus.
Good news is I got my license in the mail today. I hope the best for all those who can't even get the ball rolling.
What date in February? It would be good to know the total number of days.

I posted on this thread early on. I did my LTC process in early March. PD submitted it March 9th. Got my LTC (new, not renewal) in the mail this past Saturday. Less than 30 days for the whole process... now if I can just find a dealer that's open for business...

I posted on this thread early on. I did my LTC process in early March. PD submitted it March 9th. Got my LTC (new, not renewal) in the mail this past Saturday. Less than 30 days for the whole process... now if I can just find a dealer that's open for business...

Congratualations.

If you know what you're after, a good option right now would be to go green, post a WTB ad, and see how the seller wants to meet up. I've done two gun deals during the Age of Covid, and neither I nor any of the people I dealt with is dead yet.

30 days 😲 who do you know?

My wife got hers the 26th, mine was mailed the 27th (march) and called the Holyoke PD today. No sign of it. State says the PD should clearly have it

My nephew got a call yesterday from Medford PD... said they are processing renewals and will then open the office to new permits. Fingers crossed!

MEDFORD! My nephew got a phone call stating... "we'll call you on April 1st to schedule an interview" No issuing or renewing licenses!
Office is shut down for corona.

LTC was going to expire 05/06/2020, went North Attleboro Police dept. on 02/18/2020, had my interview and photo on 02/25/2020, got my LTC (NO Restrictions) mailed to me yesterday 04/13/2020, good to go ! Where? Gun Club and Range closed.

LTC was going to expire 05/06/2020, went North Attleboro Police dept. on 02/18/2020, had my interview and photo on 02/25/2020, got my LTC (NO Restrictions) mailed to me yesterday 04/13/2020, good to go ! Where? Gun Club and Range closed.
I was surprised at there being No Charge, I turn 73 05/06/2020 and was told anyone over 70 at the time of Licensing is not charged anything! I think this was put in the Corna19 bill # 3, Thanks Bernie and Liz "Fake Indian" Warren.

I was surprised at there being No Charge, I turn 73 05/06/2020 and was told anyone over 70 at the time of Licensing is not charged anything! I think this was put in the Corna19 bill # 3, Thanks Bernie and Liz "Fake Indian" Warren.
Over 70 free has been in MGL for quite some time now; not related to the viral response to the virus.

Update. Got my renewal in the mail yesterday. Submitted paperwork and check mid Feb for end of May renewal date, photos taken at time of drop off. I went into the Police station mid March to check on status and was told "If you did not hear from her (issuing officer) you are all set". Forget about it until the flu thing hit the fan. Yesterday my renewal and new PIN showed up. I live in Harvard and would be shooting at HSC....but not now! In an event at least I got my ticket.

Just spoke with my licensing officer. He filled out the renewal form for me over the phone. I’m going in tomorrow to sign, pay, prints and pics and for a receipt... we will see what the turn around time is, mine expires mid May.

He said they are still taking walk in appointments for new and renewals any week day 3-9pm.

Back
Top Bottom