• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

MA to NH Hand gun transfer

I've searched but haven't found the answers to some of my questions. So please forgive me if I missed it in my search. Considering the implications on the Federal and State level I'm a bit skiddish.

I understand that doing a Handgun sale from me (MA LTC holder) to a NH resident must go through an FFL in N.H. This is assuming the NH FFL will take "shipment" from me as a non-FFL. "Shipment" would be me bring the handgun for transfer. I am licensed as a Non-Res in N.H so I could bring it to N.H.

My Questions:

1. What paperwork do I need/should I get from this transfer?

2. Does an FA-10 or other paper work need to be filled out from my end stating a sale to the State of Massachusetts?

3. If the answer is no to the FA-10 being filled out does this out of state transfer count against my 4 sales for the year? I'm assuming it wouldn't as it was an FFL transfer.

4. Anything else I'm missing here?

Thanks for your help

I`d ask FFL for store receipt for your records. You can bring directly to FFL with ID. No FA-10 required. Others please correct me if I`m wrong, but don`t think there`s any way (or need) to advise CHRB that you no longer own gun. The 4 transfers per year refers to private FTF sales- FFL doesn`t count. The only thing you`re missing is scheduling moving van to move to NH!

You as a MA resident can bring the gun to NH to a FFL who will do the paperwork and where the buyer can take possession

I as a NH resident can't bring a gun to MA

Now unless you have a NH CCW, you need to have the weapon unloaded and not on your person in the car IIRC. I know for a fact it can't be loaded, so take that to the bank.

Where is the buyer located? We can suggest places for the transfer if we know roughly the area he/she is in.

You as a MA resident can bring the gun to NH to a FFL who will do the paperwork and where the buyer can take possession

I as a NH resident can't bring a gun to MA

Now unless you have a NH CCW, you need to have the weapon unloaded and not on your person in the car IIRC. I know for a fact it can't be loaded, so take that to the bank.

Where is the buyer located? We can suggest places for the transfer if we know roughly the area he/she is in.

You can have it on your persons it just has to be unloaded.

1. What paperwork do I need/should I get from this transfer?

You will need an ID, and you should receive a receipt from the FFL for the gun.

graftyman said:
2. Does an FA-10 or other paper work need to be filled out from my end stating a sale to the State of Massachusetts?

No. MA law does not apply to transfers that happen in NH.

graftyman said:
3. If the answer is no to the FA-10 being filled out does this out of state transfer count against my 4 sales for the year? I'm assuming it wouldn't as it was an FFL transfer.

No. MA law does not apply to transfers that happen in NH.

Back
Top Bottom