MA to ban balloons?

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Didn't see a thread on this...first they came for the straws, and I did nothing...

Lawmakers Consider Balloon Ban In Massachusetts
“The sale, distribution and release of any type of balloon, including, but not limited to, plastic, latex or mylar, filled with any type of lighter than air gas, both for public or private use, is hereby prohibited,” the bill sponsored by Rep. Sarah Peake, D-Provincetown, states. Violators would be fined up to $100.”
I hold a license for large cap. balloons, does this mean I won’t be able to fly in MA?

(I’m snarking on the wording of this idiot bill because it is - as is usual with the quality of lawmakers we get - so sh*ttily worded it actually includes hot air balloons.)

She’s a “Peake” waste of oxygen

R

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
I’m not really in favor of banning much of anything, but I am tired of picking up those Mylar birthday balloons in the woods/WMA behind my house...I probably pick up ten every hunting season.... If there is a noticeable number landing in a 400-500 acre area, how many are going into the ocean? And I didn’t read the article...
This is really the issue.

This ban isn't going to stop balloon sales; It'll stop stores from selling balloons that can float. Since there's no way to fine every jackass that lets a balloon float away this is the "logical" next step.

PennyPincher

NES Member
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
I’m not really in favor of banning much of anything, but I am tired of picking up those Mylar birthday balloons in the woods/WMA behind my house...I probably pick up ten every hunting season.... If there is a noticeable number landing in a 400-500 acre area, how many are going into the ocean? And I didn’t read the article...
maybe they should just serialize all them balloons, make you take a class on proper disposal, get licensed, and pass a background check before buying 1. Oh, and you must register all transfers of said balloons as people generally buy those to give to someone else. Wait, is that a straw purchase? Maybe one should have to name the intended recipient at purchase so that they can pass a background check as well!

ToddDubya

NES Member
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
I pick up untold fast food bags and nip bottles from the 60 square foot apron at the end of my driveway every year. Maybe we should ban littering.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Left the Communistwealth for Live Free or Die!
FFS i can't wait to get out of this state
Come to NH where your vote will count. I did it 7 years ago. Since then we even have constitutional carry now. Granted, the Mass libtard idiots still move here bringing the very policies they were escaping, but we need more people like you here. Massachusetts is a lost cause. It will NEVER get better there. Its a useless fight. Don't waste your life in that commie dump. We need you.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A Mass balloon ban is a perfect opportunity the start a business.

Hold "Release The Balloon Parties" just across the border from Mass where you get a few thousand people to release helium filled balloons and have them float into Mass.
You would have to move the release sight depending on the prevailing wind, but that could be part of the fun.
There could be Kids Days where they release small balloons the resemble cute animals and heavy people days where big balloons are released.
How about lesbian days? Or Ford days? Gun days where gun shaped balloons float across college campuses in Boston?

There could even be adult days where -- you get the idea!!

mikeyp

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Come to NH where your vote will count. I did it 7 years ago. Since then we even have constitutional carry now. Granted, the Mass libtard idiots still move here bringing the very policies they were escaping, but we need more people like you here. Massachusetts is a lost cause. It will NEVER get better there. Its a useless fight. Don't waste your life in that commie dump. We need you.
We were thinking either NH or TN. But NH has more schools that are similar to the one my son was going to(stem/forest schools) so we may be neighbors in the next year or so

ToddDubya

NES Member
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
I mentioned this to someone at work today and his response was "So you just want to dump all your trash in the ocean?". Wow, not wanting to ban balloons = wanting to throw trash in the ocean? He followed up with "We should ban everything that doesn't break down naturally. Paper straws are the answer." This guy drives two hours a day to work but balloons are the problem.

AHM

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A Mass balloon ban is a perfect opportunity the start a business.

Hold "Release The Balloon Parties" just across the border from Mass where you get a few thousand people to release helium filled balloons and have them float into Mass.
Word is that's all the rage in Gaza.

All it'd take to kill the bill is announce that it's anti-Palestinian.

Spanz

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
maybe they should just serialize all them balloons, make you take a class on proper disposal, get licensed, and pass a background check before buying 1. Oh, and you must register all transfers of said balloons as people generally buy those to give to someone else. Wait, is that a straw purchase? Maybe one should have to name the intended recipient at purchase so that they can pass a background check as well!
clearly, the balloon need to be microstamped....to identify just WHO had the audacity to let one go into the air!!!

Reactions: AHM

AHM

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
clearly, the balloon need to be microstamped....to identify just WHO had the audacity to let one go into the air!!!
Does the Magnum size need to be microstamped?
Asking for a friend.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Rush is going to have to do a song "Red Balloon" as a follow-up to "Red Barchetta"; where you have to go to your uncle's country home to take out and blow up a red balloon.

Reactions: AHM
Top Bottom