• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

MA Teachers Union - planning gun action

Let's not conflate all teachers with what the union is doing or what a small number of inappropriate activists are doing.

Many teachers feel pissed that the union steals money from their paychecks only to use their own money to mail them endorsements for leftist candidates at election time. There's a supreme court case about this currently: Public Sector Unions' First Amendment Exemption Must End | National Review

My family member's middle school seems to have decided something along the lines of: "We cannot let students go outside without supervision. So we'll allow a supervised 17 minute outside walk out but not promote or participate in any kind of organized activity"

Let's not conflate all teachers with what the union is doing or what a small number of inappropriate activists are doing.

Many teachers feel pissed that the union steals money from their paychecks only to use their own money to mail them endorsements for leftist candidates at election time. There's a supreme court case about this currently: Public Sector Unions' First Amendment Exemption Must End | National Review

My family member's middle school seems to have decided something along the lines of: "We cannot let students go outside without supervision. So we'll allow a supervised 17 minute outside walk out but not promote or participate in any kind of organized activity"

a good start would be to figure out the union leadership and who exactly is driving this initiative, why are lefty candidates are endorsed.

The problem is that people hide behind faceless constructs like "union" but in reality there are few well connected roaches who hate the light and transparency. The union members need to start figuring out who is pulling the string and to whom they are related, not wait for some orange messiah to save them and make everything right. They need to start working on that shit themselves.

No, they should be in school learning, which is what the parents dropped them off at the school for. It's not the school's place to foster activism, or make judgment calls as to which protests are acceptable, or to allow the students to decide which days they will and won't be staying in class.

Seriously, think about what you're advocating. You want minor students to be able to decide whether or not they get up and walk out of class without repercussions in the name of supposed political activism. That sounds like a good idea to you?

This is all predicated on them have parental permission -- and in that instance so long as it is reasonable it should be an excused absence. Half our high-school graduates are barely literate, I don't think students being politically active for a day or so is going to cause the sky to fall.

Mike

This is all predicated on them have parental permission -- and in that instance so long as it is reasonable it should be an excused absence. Half our high-school graduates are barely literate, I don't think students being politically active for a day or so is going to cause the sky to fall.

Mike

So because they're not learning anything in school we should allow them to skip more school? Do you think maybe their borderline illiteracy has something to do with the fact that public schools are being run by people who put social activism above traditional education?

They want all the benefits that come with organized labor associations they unfortunately have to deal with the costs as well. They can speak out and take a meaningful stand or shut up and take it.

Good thing my wife stopped teaching college this year!
Miss any part of a class and you don't get credit for the attending.
Miss two classes and you have to sign a "contract to stay"
Miss another one "Your gone!"
No excuses!

the student walk out is Next Wednesday on the 14th. The 24 is on the Boston common which is a Saturday and I believe that is a gun control rally.

Resist Marxism – Defend the Constitution against violent extremists and the Regressive Left.

The media and elites are encouraging people across the nation to protest on March 24th against 2nd amendment rights. One of these protests for gun control will take place on Boston Common. Resist Marxism, Patriotic groups, and ALL 2A supporters will be there that day to show that we will defend our right to keep and bear arms and will not submit to bans on so-called assault rifles or government using arbitrary lists to infringe upon the 2nd amendment. Pro 2A counter protests are being planned in other cites as well! Stay tuned & feel free to discuss plans, 2A, and tag your friends on the event page!

Last edited:
Massachusetts Teachers Association

Go to their website and it looks like a political activism organization rather than one dedicated to helping students succeed.

I was listening to a podcast yesterday and they were talking about who the customers and product were of the media. Just as an aside. The product is NOT the news. The product is people. Eyes and ears. The customer is the advertiser. I knew that, but it was an interesting way of saying it.

Ditto for MTA. Are their constituents students? F no! They're teachers. The MTA has no direct contact with students, nor direct care. They are solely there to protect teachers. To provide teachers with more pay and more benefits and less work. Period.

The high school in my town is having the police on-site to protect the students. Oh the irony of having good guys with guns to protect from bad guys....

It would be absolutely hilarious if some snowflake freaked out over the cops' guns.

We had a letter from our superintendent in Groton that something was in the works. I told my wife if there’s a whiff of anything anti-gun we’re keeping the kids home that day. No way my kids are going to be a prop in an anti gun protest.

We had a letter from our superintendent in Groton that something was in the works. I told my wife if there’s a whiff of anything anti-gun we’re keeping the kids home that day. No way my kids are going to be a prop in an anti gun protest.

My daughter is 15. Not completely sure what the school is going to condone or participate in but I told my daughter the choice is hers if she wants to attend school that day or not. And I told her I wouldn't be offended if she went to the rally/protest just so her friends don't find out she is Pro 2A. She knows most of her friends are anti. It's that whole awkward social stage and I don't want her having any issues with the mentally defective psycho democrat/liberal/antis in the school. She can fly under their radar for a little longer is she wants. Her choice.

MA Teachers Union - planning gun action

Lol. Read thread title too fast. I was looking for a Teacher's Gun Auction...

iu

Will the teachers be buying the Tide Pods?
Deep down inside Tide and their tide pods division are secretly celebrating their successful advertisement campaign.
But on the subject at hand if they are going to suspend walkouts I'm all for it. (My preferred response at that.) Yet if they are going to "support" student activist then I fully expect them to show the same support as any other student that might not necessarily share that same point of view.

It would be absolutely hilarious if some snowflake freaked out over the cops' guns.
I had an officer get harassed by somebody as he was in my pharmacy. He was in uniform with his service pistol andpicking up a medication for somebody who was at the station in some trouble. Yet this guy comes up and has the gall to tell the officer his firearm makes him feel uncomfortable.
Now by no means do I agree with everything our LEO do, But this guy was just doing his job and you're gonna bring it to full retard in 3 seconds flat?

I had an officer get harassed by somebody as he was in my pharmacy. He was in uniform with his service pistol andpicking up a medication for somebody who was at the station in some trouble. Yet this guy comes up and has the gall to tell the officer his firearm makes him feel uncomfortable.
Now by no means do I agree with everything our LEO do, But this guy was just doing his job and you're gonna bring it to full retard in 3 seconds flat?

I bet paranoia meds didn't kick in yet

What did the cop say? I’d have told him it’s unfortunate for him that he feels uncomfortable but that’s the way it’s going to have to be.

This.

There are a number of assumptions being made here, many not supported by my experience.

My principal tells me that his fellow North Shore principals are about 60/40 against having any sort of event on the 14th, and that most of the rest won’t support a walkout.

He has made it absolutely clear that teachers who walk out and/or encourage student political action outside of school hours can expect discipline, and he’s followed through with that in the past.

Overwhelmingly, our teachers think a walkout is stupid, pointless, and silly. Our school happens to have an advisory block scheduled that day anyway, and most don’t even want to use that to discuss the walkout.

My principal said he hasheard 50/50 from parents supporting the students doing something like a moment of silence, vs doing nothing, and none supported a walkout. Parents, your input matters if your principal is a reasonable person.

Just file it for future reference when they come looking for a pay raise.
I'd stand up at the meeting and ask them , Why don't you see if the DNC will spot you the money considering your a political action wing of the party now?
How about you focus on teaching kids to read and write and keep you political beliefs to yourself ?

Back
Top Bottom