• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

MA Teachers Union - planning gun action

JJ4

Got this voicemail from the Mass Teachers Association (union) for a family member. This is the google voice transcription so there are some errors.

This is a bit disturbing:

Screenshot_20180305-222104.jpg

Ah.

Well, I can only speak for my town, but our super decided kids who walk out get three days out of school, and so far theMTA has said... nothing.

Because they can’t. Not to worry.

As for whatever’s happening on 24 March? That’s a weekend. So they’ll need to do some SERIOUS mobilizing. At my school, teachers don’t even show up at weekend rallies for their own pay raises. They won’t “mobilize” for this.

That's the scary thing, using words like: "support student activists" and "support our students and this movement".

Things they should discuss but won't:
How are they going to support students that are NRA members when they are called murderers by the mobs at these rallies?
Active shooter training is "Run, Hide, Fight". How do you suggest fighting back? Why should a teacher's ability to defend themselves and their students end at the property line to the school?

Instead, it sounds like they're taking an activist position (which is their right), and plan to push that activist position with their students (which is NOT ok).

Not for nothing - the union rep at my family member's school was very PRO 2A.

Dammit, I had a serious reading comprehension fail. I read the title as "MA Teachers Union - planning gun auction." I got super excited for a minute.

But yeah, f*** these shitbirds.

Once we accepted Public Employees to fail in teaching Math, English and Science, and to allow them to focus on brainwashing the youth of America with the Progressive Indoctrination, we surrendered to exactly what the Communists TOLD us that this is what exactly they intended to do back in the 1960's.

Ah.

Well, I can only speak for my town, but our super decided kids who walk out get three days out of school, and so far theMTA has said... nothing.

As for whatever’s happening on 24 March? That’s a weekend. So they’ll need to do some SERIOUS mobilizing. At my school, teachers don’t even show up at weekend rallies for their own pay raises. They won’t “mobilize” for this.
My district is allowing and encouraging a 17 minute event. Probably 10% of teachers are major sponsors. Mostly student driven but with a lot of active encouragement from some staff.

My district is allowing and encouraging a 17 minute event. Probably 10% of teachers are major sponsors. Mostly student driven but with a lot of active encouragement from some staff.

I think that's what's happening at my kids school...17 minute walk out. Told him he could take the day off if he wanted. He just said he will take a 20 minute nap in his seat....most of his friends will be doing the same thing as they are all on the same page with this bullshit.

I haven't called yet, but I'll be calling and asking the scumbag super why they are allowing political activism on public school grounds, and wasting my tax money.

That's what my kids district is talking about 17 minutes and 'non-political'. So when the news covers it and the central planners talk about it, it won't be political and only shown as a memorial (like the Wellstone memorial :rolleyes:).

My kids wear sweatshirts most days - if they start lobbing for gun control, they plan on pulling off the sweatshirts and starting a counter rally.

I didn't see anything in the handbook that the shirts would violate and didn't hear anything at the orientation.

It so sad when we have teachers that can't even prep students for a college education but we can sure as hell prep them to be entitled agitators.

Even worse than not preparing them for college, but to insist that college is the ONLY option they have when the graduate. The thought of kids ignoring the mantra of "without college you'll never get a good job" and learning a trade to become productive people with a real job and no substantial debt sends them into the hysterics. My daughter is only 9, and corrects her teacher every time he brings up college, her reply waffles between mechanic and basic training - both of which I support.

Back on subject, why do I keep hearing March 24th? I thought the big push was the 14th? So far nothing is planned at my school, but if it is, my kids won't be attending that day - we'll be at the rifle range.

So teachers are organizing (through their union) to push a political agenda through the children they're charged with educating? The same teachers that The State essentially forces us to hand our children over to for said education?

Shame on anyone who supports public employee unions. Shame on public teachers who aren't kicking and screaming against this shit. Shame on the media for not doing its job, and for enabling the use of children as political tools. Shame on the parents who aren't flipping-tables-over mad at the local PTA meetings. Shame on those of us who don't have kids in public schools for not mobilizing to put an end to it.

This is truly the kind of shit that deserves an angry, very personal approach directed at anyone supporting or enabling it.

Who's responsible if the school actively supports, encourages, and allows a walkout, then some kid is injured in an accident off school grounds during the event?

I have no problem with giving students a pass for a walkout for ANY political cause. However that isn't what is happening. Teachers are promoting something and helping students to organize -- this destroys neutrality, discourages debate, implicitly makes students who disagree "wrong."

Mike

I have no problem with giving students a pass for a walkout for ANY political cause. However that isn't what is happening. Teachers are promoting something and helping students to organize -- this destroys neutrality, discourages debate, implicitly makes students who disagree "wrong."

Mike
Cool. Can the students form a Political Cause of the Day Club?

I've told my kids that after the 17 minute gun protest is done they are to walk out of school and protest gun-free zones for 17 minutes.

They are saying "it's only 17 minutes." There's over 2,000 students in our multi-building high school campus. It will take a lot longer than 17 minutes for everyone to vacate, assemble, rally, and then get back to their classes. At best, a full period will be missed. And perhaps part of a second.

I think if a student can articulate the importance, they should have at it. Whether that is joining a large rally, counter-protesting a large rally, giving testimony at the statehouse, etc.

Mike

Ah.

Can I move to your town????

Who's responsible if the school actively supports, encourages, and allows a walkout, then some kid is injured in an accident off school grounds during the event?

One could only hope. That would be classic.

Cool. Can the students form a Political Cause of the Day Club?

LOL. If we find multiple per day, we could never go back to school again!

They are saying "it's only 17 minutes." There's over 2,000 students in our multi-building high school campus. It will take a lot longer than 17 minutes for everyone to vacate, assemble, rally, and then get back to their classes. At best, a full period will be missed. And perhaps part of a second.

"It's only weed."

"She's almost legal."

"I can totally make that jump in this Gremlin!"

. . . . What are "Things that stupid teachers have said in their lifetime," Alex.

I think if a student can articulate the importance, they should have at it. Whether that is joining a large rally, counter-protesting a large rally, giving testimony at the statehouse, etc.

Mike

No, they should be in school learning, which is what the parents dropped them off at the school for. It's not the school's place to foster activism, or make judgment calls as to which protests are acceptable, or to allow the students to decide which days they will and won't be staying in class.

Seriously, think about what you're advocating. You want minor students to be able to decide whether or not they get up and walk out of class without repercussions in the name of supposed political activism. That sounds like a good idea to you?

Back
Top Bottom