• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

MA storage laws: making victims criminals

Bottom line, he wasn't properly storing his firearms which allowed one to be stolen. He should have kept his mouth shut about the shotgun and handgun.

Yes, he may have been in a stressful situation, but you never admit to breaking the law, especially to a police officer. The cop isn't going to jut turn his head to improper storage after an AR got stolen.

Improper storage is a false flag charge created to make it appear to idiots like yourself that somehow a gun owner cannot be a victim and is purposely helping to arm criminals.

Even a safe can be stolen or cut into in very little time.

This is cops stomping on the citizen because they like to feel superior.

Last edited:
Not according to MGL, but many chiefs in MA (and some judges) make up their own interpretations and would consider this "unsuitable" . . . suspend/revoke LTC and confiscate all guns.

So you're telling me that if I hang up a shotgun on a display rack in my living room and put a trigger lock on it, that's it's still no no??

So you're telling me that if I hang up a shotgun on a display rack in my living room and put a trigger lock on it, that's it's still no no??

I'm not saying that, but I suggest that you read the following case:

Comm. v. Parzick (2005) 835 N.E.2d 1171, 64 Mass.App.Ct. 846, review denied 848 N.E.2d 1212

What they should have done was to explain to him what the storage laws are, what he needed to do, and been on their way.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Get out of MA.
Yeah, once you start running, it's easy to keep running.

I'm not saying that, but I suggest that you read the following case:

Comm. v. Parzick (2005) 835 N.E.2d 1171, 64 Mass.App.Ct. 846, review denied 848 N.E.2d 1212
Not the best of references, since it appears the defendant had been denied an FID card, among other problems. The fact that he was denied an FID did not entire into the storage case

They noted the firearms were not "secured"

The defendant argues that his bedroom was a container within the meaning of G. L. c. 140, § 131L, and that he was not in violation of the statute because the bedroom door was locked. The defendant's interpretation of the statute ignores the requirement that a container must not only be "locked" but also "secure."

...The use of the word "secured" in G. L. c. 140, § 131L, comports with its use in G. L. c. 140, § 123, and indicates that the container must not merely be locked, but securely locked.

That door was fitted with a knob lock that could be locked from inside the room. Mayernik had an identical lock on her bedroom door, which she opened from the outside by inserting a bobby pin into the hole in the knob.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom