MA shut down well into June???.....Wife’s work says so.

Here's the 3 stats my company is tracking WRT to reopening. So far only one's been met. I expect mid-June at the earliest given the first metric is based on a 2 week moving average that is still has a ways to go.
1590068690026.png

It was the plot of Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six before all the video games came out. At the 2000 Olympics in Sydney eco terrorists funded by billionaires wanted to use a biological weapon spread through cooling misters at the entrances just before all the attendees were to to leave to go home spreading it to every country in the world simultaneously.

Back in 2005-6 some Harvard Medical students did study the viability of using misters like that to decontaminate large groups of people exposed to small pox on airliners, public transit, and whatnot. No idea what their research determined.
Six Flags.

I have never in my entire life seen data so all over the place as the novel coconut virus. Its stunning.
Because it is not medical nor scientific, it is political.

I have never in my entire life seen data so all over the place as the novel coconut virus. Its stunning.
Part of the problem is the stats are garbage because the data collection is sort of garbage they don't even really know how many people have actually been infected yet. They can only make models off whatever little data they have. Basically it's like political polling but probably far worse in accuracy.

The only stat that really matters is, unfortunately, the one Worldometer doesn't give us: hospitalizations. Lest we forget, THAT was the raison d'être for this whole shitshow in the first place: not overwhelming the hospitals. We can infer it to some degree by their "serious/critical" column. This is why when I do those charts for Connecticut in the other thread, I emphasize that.

Cases are a function of testing - we know this from the experience of Iceland. They tested everyone in sight, and thus have among the highest incidence of cases on the planet... HALF of whom they found were completely asymptomatic.

The only stat that really matters is, unfortunately, the one Worldometer doesn't give us: hospitalizations. Lest we forget, THAT was the raison d'être for this whole shitshow in the first place: not overwhelming the hospitals. We can infer it to some degree by their "serious/critical" column. This is why when I do those charts for Connecticut in the other thread, I emphasize that.

Cases are a function of testing - we know this from the experience of Iceland. They tested everyone in sight, and thus have among the highest incidence of cases on the planet... HALF of whom they found were completely asymptomatic.
I work at one of the hospitals in boston and listen to the daily teams meetings, the numbers were high but not "holy crap we cant handle it" high. they are starting to open up other aeras of the hospital again and research labs can come back as early as june 1st

" Gov Baker just wants to keep things shut down a little while longer, till we are all safe"... I choked and blew my coffee out of my nose.. That f-ing hurt....Paul

People use that term "Safe" or "stay safe" or "its not safe yet" like it was raining bricks outside. I believe these are the same people that are scared of their own shadow, and only because someone told them to be.

On that note-

Wife seems to think she'll be working from home indefinitely and may only have to make an office appearance once or twice a week.
She works for Santander out of Dorchester, but travels to Framigham and Providence (or did previously) once a week.

8:00 on Friday is haircut time. I'll drop her a fifty for a 20.00 cut.

$20??? Yikes! Although I suspect Joe to retire soon, or because of this and I'll be up to a man-stylist for $25 plus tip. And not be able to walk-in anymore. LOL

Interesting that more than half the deaths in Mass are women. Differs from early data from China about men being more susceptible.

I'm not really trusting much of the intel from China. Ditto for Russia. We're to believe that in Russia, their death rate is a FRACTION of the rest of the world??? Like 1 of 100 that CATCH it are dead??? Instead of 3 or 5 or 10%???? C'mon.

I thought maybe that China had a higher population of men, but that's only for younger than 25 or so. It evens out and becomes very United-States-Like by retirement age.

But yeah, I suspect that the whole "men" thing is BS as well as "middle aged black wimmins" thing is BS. Not causal but coincidental.

that's the magical property of statistics, it's like a condom, it takes whatever shape it needs to.

Plus what they report. Again, looking at China and Russia. I don't trust their #'s. Heck, scientists estimated C19 deaths in Wuhan based on satellite data of crematoriums to be multiple times what was reported. I mean, it isn't hard to find the truth to their #'s.

Here in the States, you've got 51 different standards and such. Reporting is all over the place. If you only look at Fri #'s, the US is in deep trouble, but Friday is when some states "clean house" and add to their totals from rural areas and such. Otherwise it's pretty quiet. So if you track JUST Fridays, we are in deep poop.

The one that scares me is Brazil. They are growing by leaps and bounds. They are 2/3 our population and will likely see #'s similar to ours or worse. And I suspect the health care in Brazil isn't up to US standards. It might not be up to Italian standards.

As an aside - anyone notice our infection/1K #'s are higher than Italy???? Still lower than Spain, but higher than Italy. Fascinating. I think some of it is b/c of all of the countries, we are the most free. So we listen to the government shutdowns less (which is both good and bad) and we travel a S-ton more. Hard to put a nation-wide travel ban on with 51 (Well 49) different jurisdictions.

I work at one of the hospitals in boston and listen to the daily teams meetings, the numbers were high but not "holy crap we cant handle it" high. they are starting to open up other aeras of the hospital again and research labs can come back as early as june 1st
Worcester DCU closed shop as a backup hospital facility this week. Maybe yesterday or the day before.

$20??? Yikes! Although I suspect Joe to retire soon, or because of this and I'll be up to a man-stylist for $25 plus tip. And not be able to walk-in anymore. LOL
My barber charged $13. My daughter cut my hair yesterday. A little shorter than I prefer, but it isn't bad with the warm weather. I'm going to give her $10 and call it a day.

Last edited:
Worcester DCU closed shop as a backup hospital facility this week. Maybe yesterday or the day before.

My barber charged $13. I'm going to give my daughter 10 and call it a day. She did it yesterday. A little shorter than I prefer, but it isn't bad with the warm weather.

Not to be insulting, but given your userid, and the recent "little shorter" haircut - I thought you had mange.

Okay - so I WAS trying to be insulting. Or at least amusing.

Here's the 3 stats my company is tracking WRT to reopening. So far only one's been met. I expect mid-June at the earliest given the first metric is based on a 2 week moving average that is still has a ways to go.
View attachment 358985
Are they doing that to feel better about themselves when they re-open?

Because most of that data is sh*t.

Are they doing that to feel better about themselves when they re-open?

Because most of that data is sh*t.
LOL We're an engineering company (or used to be), but these metrics are being pushed and used by our senior manglement, most (all?) of whom haven't done any engineering in at least 15-20 years. These metrics sound impressive and scientificy, but 30 seconds of actual analysis shows they're crap.

One of the buzz-phrases they squawk all the time is "data-driven decision making". While I agree with the basic idea, the senior manglers are so far removed from reality they've no clue what good or bad data is anymore and thus have no idea how to make actual data-driven decisions. And our company has developed a "yes'sir" culture over the last 15 years that's created a cadre of underlings who suck up to and feed the senior manglers, giving them what they ask for vs. what they need and perpetuating the culture. I'm looking forward to pulling the handles within a few years (months?).

When I hear the term "new normal" bandied about by politicians and career embedded apparatchiks (and already parroted by many of their subjects), I cringe in the same visceral way I did when I first heard Obama say he was going to "fundamentally transform America".

To the leftist if you don't like a thing, you simply change the definition of the thing. Normal doesn't include an infinite number of genders, it rejects the welfare state, it understands that if someone is an illegal alien they are by definition a criminal, that there is evil in the world, that there are winners and there are losers, etc.. Viola, the new normal will encourage all that was not normal, it is in fact the anti-normal. Probably came through the wormhole from that backwards running parallel universe NASA believes they found.

The statists and globalists have perpetual wood and moist panties and bless the Chicoms hourly for the opportunity the WuFlu has given them to finish the "fundamental transformation" of America into the "new normal".

When I hear the term "new normal" bandied about by politicians and career embedded apparatchiks (and already parroted by many of their subjects), I cringe in the same visceral way I did when I first heard Obama say he was going to "fundamentally transform America".

To the leftist if you don't like a thing, you simply change the definition of the thing. Normal doesn't include an infinite number of genders, it rejects the welfare state, it understands that if someone is an illegal alien they are by definition a criminal, that there is evil in the world, that there are winners and there are losers, etc.. Viola, the new normal will encourage all that was not normal, it is in fact the anti-normal. Probably came through the wormhole from that backwards running parallel universe NASA believes they found.

The statists and globalists have perpetual wood and moist panties and bless the Chicoms hourly for the opportunity the WuFlu has given them to finish the "fundamental transformation" of America into the "new normal".
It'll only happen if we let it.

Just give everyone a bottle of D3+K2 gelcaps and tell 'em to get back to work. [smile]

... Just give everyone a bottle of D3+K2 gelcaps and tell 'em to get back to work. [smile]
OK, what are "K2 gelcaps"? Is this potassium?

For some reason, I remember my mother taking potassium; either to help with blood pressure medications or maybe estrogen, not sure which, or both. I guess bananas have a lot of potassium also.

OK, what are "K2 gelcaps"? Is this potassium?

For some reason, I remember my mother taking potassium; either to help with blood pressure medications or maybe estrogen, not sure which, or both. I guess bananas have a lot of potassium also.

My preference: the Sports Research products (both D3 and K2).

I did some math: a 360 gelcap bottle of D3 is $14.95, and it's also $14.95 for a 60 gelcap bottle of their K2. Assuming one of each per day, that's $104.65 for a year's supply (which I would argue you wouldn't need in the summer unless you were stuck indoors). For 330,000,000 Americans, that would be a hair over $34.5 billion, which is much cheaper (and likely much more effective) than the CARES Act at $3 trillion. "Here's your D - get back to work!"

I didn't see any mention of potassium in that K2 article. So is it NOT potassium?

Also, it mentions a lot about calcium. Lately, salsa and spaghetti sauce hasn't been agreeing with me (too acidic), so I'll take a couple generic tums some time around 9:00 so I don't get wicked heartburn. Those are mostly calcium. Is this thing saying calcium somehow isn't good for you? I figured if nothing else, it makes up for lack of milk drinking, so my bones stay strong. TL/DR.

I didn't see any mention of potassium in that K2 article. So is it NOT potassium?

Also, it mentions a lot about calcium. Lately, salsa and spaghetti sauce hasn't been agreeing with me (too acidic), so I'll take a couple generic tums some time around 9:00 so I don't get wicked heartburn. Those are mostly calcium. Is this thing saying calcium somehow isn't good for you? I figured if nothing else, it makes up for lack of milk drinking, so my bones stay strong. TL/DR.
Vitamin D is an upregulator of calcium absorption. Fine and dandy, but it can find itself in places it doesn't belong, like arteries. K2 prevents that.

Back
Top Bottom