MA shut down well into June???.....Wife’s work says so.

"New normal": a phrase that you are slowly being indoctrinated into accepting, in which you will slowly but gladly give up your God given rights out of fear, and the idea of the "greater good."
It is important to recognize and call out 'new normal' as BS. All the time to everyone. No need for violence or parades just call it out as BS constantly.

It is important to recognize and call out 'new normal' as BS. All the time to everyone. No need for violence or parades just call it out as BS constantly.
People need to be reminded this is neither the FIRST pandemic nor the WORST pandemic this country's seen. It's fairly middling, honestly. To get to the level of the (all but forgotten) 1957 Asian Flu, we'd have to get to 674 deaths/M nationwide. Presently we're at 251.

and now we just found out our earliest return to office is 8/3.

fine by me. working home has been great. 3 hours a day no longer pissed away in LA traffic. And with the new puppy I have more time to train and get housebreaking squared away.

I work at a federal office and there's more than ten people that share the space...none of us have the option to work from home, so I wonder how this is going to work when we reopen. Either we're back on the job or we're not. It's not like we're going to the office on select days to keep the number of people on the floor under ten.

work gets done in a federal office? :eek:

The plan is to have phases that will be phased according to the plan. In each phase, the plan will be to phase in, or possibly phase out, according to the plan. But to be clear, we are phasing the plan and planning the phase.

3 sentences. I could have condensed his 2page PDF into 3 sentences. Without him revealing the phases OR the triggers to move from one to the other, it's still all 100% arbitrary.

I've been saying for well over a month that MA will be the last to re-open anything. But, thankfully, we WILL reopen b/c other states will be successful and they'll have to acknowledge that there isn't a need for uber-lockdown.

But what happens if one phase overlaps another phase's phase ?
Would it be like crossing the streams in Ghostbusters?

Well I have to say as an essential worker who has worked through this whole pandemic (pretty much) I will miss the open roads and free parking. Can't you people just continue to stay home for a few more years until I retire?

I'm "essential" too but at a transfer station, I can't wait until you people all go back to work and stop cleaning and redecorating your homes. We haven't had a slow day at work since this began.

I'm "essential" too but at a transfer station, I can't wait until you people all go back to work and stop cleaning and redecorating your homes. We haven't had a slow day at work since this began.

Not even kidding, 23 truckloads to our transfer station on top of weekly household trash

LA extending lock down 3 months

To be fair, they're in trouble.

The US is not China or South Korea. So we are going to get people moving from area to area quite frequently without some sort of restriction. Freedom and all that.

You've got the Northeast which has gone through possibly the worst of it. LA County has NOT seen the worst of it. 10M people. What's that? 200K cases if they go the NYC way??? Maybe more. I can't see them doing a better job of not-congregating versus NYC.

I'd be VERY worried if I was in LA. Our So-Cal in general. It probably has the most chance of getting massively out of hand.

Now, is a July lockdown going to work? I have no idea. But I can see why they are very very nervous.

But they eschewed harsh controls, fines, and policing. Swedes have changed their behavior, but not as profoundly as the citizens of other Western democracies.

Sweden is very very very cooperative. We would call it communist, but they aren't. I guess being stuck in the dark together for 2 months out of the year changes a society. All for one and one for all. So voluntary measures from politicians they trust are just. . . well, followed.

What they have won't work here. Because we've got people who think that some woman who says she discovered HIV a decade after it was discovered is smarter than the people she YouTubes against it. Too much conspiracy theories here for a Sweden model to work.

To be honest - there is too much lack-of-cooperation for the Sweden model to work just about ANYWHERE. It works very very well. . . for Sweden. That's it.

Oh yeah - and Sweden, on purpose or by accident, sacrificed it's oldest members to get to herd immunity. I'm not sure we are willing to do that here in the US.

Last edited:
There is no part of this plan where Baker or his replacement isn't dictating how your life will operate from now on.

Sorry he has been dictating how you live your life, but he hasn't dictated how I live mine.

It is a simple as ignoring whatever he says. What he says has no meaning, there is no law.

I work at a federal office and there's more than ten people that share the space...none of us have the option to work from home, so I wonder how this is going to work when we reopen. Either we're back on the job or we're not. It's not like we're going to the office on select days to keep the number of people on the floor under ten.
You work for the Federales?

Charlie does. But his straight answer will be double-speak and bullspit.

I watched the NOVA show on C19 last night. It was pretty depressing for most of it. I think that was the point. I keep looking at Sweden. If people just paid the F attention and socially distanced and wore masks, this would be 100% controllable. They've already shown that works. Instead we're stuck with Charlie's 45 level plan from burnt umber to ultraviolet. With no indications (yet?) of what will trigger one level to the next.

Charlie does. But his straight answer will be double-speak and bullspit.

I watched the NOVA show on C19 last night. It was pretty depressing for most of it. I think that was the point. I keep looking at Sweden. If people just paid the F attention and socially distanced and wore masks, this would be 100% controllable. They've already shown that works.
Sweden as I've mentioned before is a bit of a special case, even amongst Nordic countries, cuz "migrants" (25% of their population). They're not being hit merely disproportionately but VASTLY disproportionately. Consequently their death rate is significantly higher than the others. But like Iceland (extremely low death rate), enacted only de minimis restrictions.
Instead we're stuck with Charlie's 45 level plan from burnt umber to ultraviolet. With no indications (yet?) of what will trigger one level to the next.
The courts eventually.

Sweden as I've mentioned before is a bit of a special case, even amongst Nordic countries, cuz "migrants" (25% of their population). They're not being hit merely disproportionately but VASTLY disproportionately. Consequently their death rate is significantly higher than the others. But like Iceland (extremely low death rate), enacted only de minimis restrictions.

The courts eventually.

I'd hope for a whole lot of civil disobidience too, a.k.a. the state serves people, not other way around. If you cut my hair, I pay in cash with no f***s given. Faker can FOAD.

The big problem I'd see in this scenario are the millions of Karens who graduated from soccer mom academy. May be women should not vote after all.

They tipped their hand with all the talk of regression to old lock down standards at any second. Which makes running a business or planning your life as a parent very difficult. Which at this point I have to assume is the intention. Do notice that most of the governors(R&D) are talking from the same script...

They tipped their hand with all the talk of regression to old lock down standards at any second. Which makes running a business or planning your life as a parent very difficult. Which at this point I have to assume is the intention. Do notice that most of the governors(R&D) are talking from the same script...

I don't think that my life as a parent gets any tougher. Actually if public schools FOAD with their indoctrination requirements, it would make my life easier because I don't have to correct all the bullshit they teach. We already have to rely on our own curriculum and pretty much home school.

The reason those minibrains sound like clones is because they are ones and that's the best idea they can come up with among themselves, so they just reuse the same script everywhere. Saying something different would be too much effort and I am sure that they are not paid enough to sit home and do that.

"I don’t want the starting gun, so-called, to go off today or tomorrow,” Baker said Wednesday. “I want it to go off on Monday. And I want it to go off in a targeted and phased way. Period.”

Why is he talking about gunz??

Gunzzz!!!!

I'm ah-scared!!!!!!

Gunnnnnnzzzz!!!!!

The courts eventually.

They are also a special case because they actually trust and listen to their government. You don't get dozens of NES-types telling you this is all a hoax and they're going to refuse to wear a mask and lick everyone they meet like a cocker spaniel.

Notice the more a population trusts it's government, the lower their infection rate is. Hmmmm.

The reality is if people just wore masks to stop OUTGOING spread and distanced as much as possible, this would be a nothingburger.

I don't think that my life as a parent gets any tougher. Actually if public schools FOAD with their indoctrination requirements, it would make my life easier because I don't have to correct all the bullshit they teach. We already have to rely on our own curriculum and pretty much home school.

The reason those minibrains sound like clones is because they are ones and that's the best idea they can come up with among themselves, so they just reuse the same script everywhere. Saying something different would be too much effort and I am sure that they are not paid enough to sit home and do that.

Yeah. Gotta be a tough call for the establishment. Lose your indoctrination centers OR lose total control of the current population. Hmmmm.

Back
Top Bottom