MA shut down well into June???.....Wife’s work says so.

Just open up the f’ing golf courses. Just for walking even. Just stagger the tee times a bit more and there will be no crowds. Not that hard to “social distance” 6 feet with three buddies. Come to think of it, I try to stay more than 6 feet from most of them during normal times lol.

Yeah, this isn't that effin hard. These people are so pathetic. It doesn't matter what we do, a second wave is coming no matter what. So we might as well get this shit over with. The longer we keep things closed, the longer it will take for widespread immunity to take hold. the 2017 flu season killed 80,000 people, exactly where we are now. Do any of you remember shit shut down then?

Still wondering whether I'll be returning to work in Boston on the 18th and what this update actually means....all I know for certain is that my annual physical was cancelled (May 18th) and pushed back till June. Does the medical community know something the media and residents of this state don't?

I really love how ambiguous his presentation is. Its apparent they haven't spent much time at all categorizing which businesses belong in which bracket. Or if they have, they don't want to make it public for fear of blowback.

I'm certain regardless of the order of business resumption, a number of my boss' clients (residential remodeler) still won't want us in their home for a long while after this wave. We're going to have to rely on the few that either don't care anymore, or that believe in herd immunity. However, regardless of the virus, few want to proceed with spending the money because of the sheer drop in the markets. High-time for me to moonlight.

Still wondering whether I'll be returning to work in Boston on the 18th and what this update actually means....all I know for certain is that my annual physical was cancelled (May 18th) and pushed back till June. Does the medical community know something the media and residents of this state don't?

There is no part of this plan where Baker or his replacement isn't dictating how your life will operate from now on.

Anywhere in phases I-III the government is dictating who gets to open, how long, and what you have to do to be open. They also get to revert back to previous phases if the metrics worsen. We don't get to phase IV "the new normal" (which implies that the old normal is gone) until there is a vaccine or "effective therapy".

I can't imagine that any of these phases would last less than a month regardless of what the metrics say. It takes time to draft, disseminate, and enact the orders (unless it is a power grab; those happen overnight). That means we are in for a minimum of another three months of this BS assuming they don't milk it. I guarantee that the gun shops and ranges are going to be a phase III or IV because they can.

Even if the metrics all improve due to herd immunity but there is never a vaccine or "effective treatment", we never make phase IV "the new normal". Even if we did, I anticipate perpetual social distancing, mandatory mask use in certain situations, etc.

Great. Perpetual crisis and massive government intrusion.

Let me translate: Only one phase of you will be going on the 18th.

Faker has no idea what to do. Whatever!

IMO this Faker is going to slow play the details of phase one and drag it on to at least mid June...around the time schools normally let out. He has no plan how to get people back to work with no school or child care strategy. This has been his dilemma all along and he has been slow playing it this whole time. Now four “phases” with at least 3-4 weeks between each phase will get him to Sept. - the start of the new school year and he won’t have to answer the hard questions.

And yes, ranges will be part of a newly created phase 5 which will be announced once phase four is activated. He is such a tool.

Fakers and Mharrrty's illegals will keep the lockdown going for quite a while. Plus that added bonus of the Federal funding hit for keeping and protecting the illegals. Why hasn't this been addressed in his presentations? 🤔

And don't forget that all of the long term care facilities compliance to health regulations have been wavered, because of their age and inability to comply. So he keeps saying they are all in compliance to the wavered regulations, which are not changing. Waivers are not being lifted. How many deaths is the state responsible for? Let the law-suits begin! And who's going to pay? How = Death + Tax's

Last edited:
Well, you saw what I did:

May 11, 2020

The Hon. William Barr
Attorney General of the United States
U.S. Department of Justice
950 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW
Washington, DC 20530-0001

Mr. Barr:

Earlier in the year, when the Wuhan coronavirus first began spreading across the globe, images out of hard-hit countries like Italy, and unknowns about lethality and contagiousness, made an (over)abundance of caution seem prudent. Experts predicted over a million US deaths and an inundated health care system, with insufficient mechanical ventilators and patients dying untreated in hallways.

None of this has come to pass. In fact, the impact of this pandemic in the US is markedly similar to those in the fairly recent past, including the H2N2 pandemic of 1957-58, or the “Hong Kong Flu” of 1968. In neither case were there widespread shutdowns of entire industry sectors with the associated economic damage. In fact, today they are widely forgotten.

Here in “hard-hit” Connecticut, no more than 1972 out of 8847 staffed hospital beds were ever occupied by virus patients – and that 8847 does not include any of the special facilities hastily built to accommodate an expected surge of cases – and that census has been steadily dropping, 1212 as of today. Beyond virus patients, not many more beds are occupied, due to cancelation of “elective” procedures (often to the detriment of the health of the patient).

Yet many governors – including Ned Lamont – carry on with emergency powers and closures. A state of emergency requires a bona fide emergency to exist, and not merely in the mind of the executive. That was posited to be the possibility of collapsing the health care system under the weight of virus patients, a fear that was not only unfounded but ridiculously so. Yet the closures are in place, creating both an economic and health care (for other than the virus) catastrophe of epic proportions. Neither do these governors show any signs on relenting – they are speaking of keeping restrictions in place for months – nor is there rhyme or reason behind many of these restrictions: they are in many cases textbook capricious and arbitrary.

Article Four, Section 4, Clause 1 of the United States Constitution states: “The United States shall guarantee to every State in this Union a Republican Form of Government[…]” A gubernatorial dictatorship is NOT a republican form of government.

Furthermore, the damage done by the response to this virus threatens to eclipse the damage of the virus itself, in spheres personal (untreated illnesses, increases in suicides and substance abuse, etc.) and economic (many businesses simply will not survive being shut down for months). These very personal tragedies, when summed, become not only a national tragedy but a threat to our national security.

Nor is there reason to believe these restrictions are at all effective. There are differences in response in the United States – and internationally – and in many cases those places that took de minimis action are no worse outcome, and in many cases are better off, than those that imposed draconian restrictions.

Therefore, I am imploring you to put the full force of the United States Department of Justice behind compelling these governors – including Ned Lamont – to rescind their executive orders.

Respectfully,

A Certain SpaceCritter

Cc: The Hon. Ned Lamont, Governor, State of Connecticut
The Hon. Eric C. Berthel, Connecticut State Senate
The Hon. David K. Labriola, Connecticut House of Representatives
Waterbury Republican-American newspaper, Waterbury, Connecticut
file

Enclosures:
Chart: Connecticut COVID-19 New Deaths and Hospitalization Changes
Chart: Percent of Connecticut Hospital Beds Occupied by COVID-19 Patients
Chart: Daily New COVID-19 Cases in Connecticut

It may be an exercise in pushing on a rope, but at least it demonstrates the natives are getting restless.

Spent the last four days in NH. Sullivan County has a total of 11 cases.

Several of the privately owned businesses I entered had signs “You must wear a mask to enter.” At least as many people in chain stores (and all employees) were wearing masks as in Boston. And people were keeping away from each other where possible,

That’s the “New Normal”, and most people have figured this out. Have to read it all but so far the state plan seems far more complex than necessary, even considering how hard-hit the state was.

It's interesting that since this virus has hit, it's been the only thing being reported on the news, with little variation. Criminals must be having a field day with the masks requirements that make things so much easier for them....

Wow. I really don't like the sound of "New Normal". Is that a phase that will end, or is he suggesting "New Normal" be in place for perpetuity as the name suggests?

Baker is going full retard. They are going for total humiliation and control of the public.

Part of the reason why the reopening advisory board felt it was important to establish not just industry-specific guidance, but a set of criteria that we're going to apply to all employers, is so that it becomes, for all intents and purposes, something people think of as standard operating procedure,” Baker said.

Attachments

• Reopening Advisory Board Presentation 5 11 20.pdf
    103.1 KB · Views: 5
my company has already said my team will be remote until spring 2021 most likely. people who can't really wfh prioritized to come back this summer in late june time frame. they will need time to figure out desk spacing. right now we are all on top of each other in an open floor plan type of space. we anticipate needing to be 6ft apart either by recommendation or through some new state edict. at that point, idea is keep most of the jobs that can be remote, remote. save on the real estate costs.

My wife works at a Pharmaceutical company. Sh'e been working from home for about two months now. Her company announced that they would re-open the office the end of June. But they would continue work from home on Mondays and Fridays.

my company has already said my team will be remote until spring 2021 most likely. people who can't really wfh prioritized to come back this summer in late june time frame. they will need time to figure out desk spacing. right now we are all on top of each other in an open floor plan type of space. we anticipate needing to be 6ft apart either by recommendation or through some new state edict. at that point, idea is keep most of the jobs that can be remote, remote. save on the real estate costs.
Maybe go 3D?
1589300622935.png

Last edited:
I really love how ambiguous his presentation is. Its apparent they haven't spent much time at all categorizing which businesses belong in which bracket. Or if they have, they don't want to make it public for fear of blowback.

I'm certain regardless of the order of business resumption, a number of my boss' clients (residential remodeler) still won't want us in their home for a long while after this wave. We're going to have to rely on the few that either don't care anymore, or that believe in herd immunity. However, regardless of the virus, few want to proceed with spending the money because of the sheer drop in the markets. High-time for me to moonlight.

It's presented that way by design. Baker is part of the Eastern Coalition of states and they DON'T WANT TO OPEN THE ECONOMY.

People need to understand this. They want maximum damage so they can get Federal funding for state bailouts and to politically damage Trump.

Period, full stop. Any argument to the contrary is futile.

This is economic warfare. Why do you think the RI dbag governor still won't allow others to visit the state. She wants to decimate the tourist economy.

There is no other logical reason.

These people are fking insane.

My company is targeting 7/13 to reopen. Of course we are at the mercy of Crosspoint (in Lowell). If the building remains closed then we will remain closed. Right now Crosspoint is open on a limited basis. Can't imagine the owners, property manager want the building to stay closed. The longer it stays closed the more money they lose.

Laughing at the color coded BS states are putting out. What is my terrorist threat level today? They canned the 9/11 one because it was mocked endlessly and here we go again.
As others have pointed out this is economic fascism against the American people by the American government. Tell yourself safety stories all you want even you don't believe them.

Chief Propagandist Dr. Fuaci sticking to the script today as well. Doom and gloom, blah, blah, blah. This guy needs to go.

The leftists in this country despise the economic success we have enjoyed under Trump and his deglobalization strategy.

Don't worry though, after 2020, our economy will be on a path to long-term excellence, where we start making more and more goods on US soil.

This is a battle against the globalists and we shall prevail.

The plan is to have phases that will be phased according to the plan. In each phase, the plan will be to phase in, or possibly phase out, according to the plan. But to be clear, we are phasing the plan and planning the phase.

3 sentences. I could have condensed his 2page PDF into 3 sentences. Without him revealing the phases OR the triggers to move from one to the other, it's still all 100% arbitrary.

I've been saying for well over a month that MA will be the last to re-open anything. But, thankfully, we WILL reopen b/c other states will be successful and they'll have to acknowledge that there isn't a need for uber-lockdown.

On top of all that the deadline for the plan is the day we're supposed to re-open. If I'm not going back to work on the 18th I'd prefer to stay with family in NH ...

My wife works at a Pharmaceutical company. Sh'e been working from home for about two months now. Her company announced that they would re-open the office the end of June. But they would continue work from home on Mondays and Fridays.

I work at a federal office and there's more than ten people that share the space...none of us have the option to work from home, so I wonder how this is going to work when we reopen. Either we're back on the job or we're not. It's not like we're going to the office on select days to keep the number of people on the floor under ten.

Back
Top Bottom