• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

MA shut down well into June???.....Wife’s work says so.

She was moved from Huntington Ave to Revolution Drive.

I was speaking with someone who's SO is a managing nurse at one of the large Boston hospitals. His SO told him that what they are seeing is lung tissue literally shredding. This is nothing like a flu!!

hard to say. Young people end up on ECMO from influenza every year. This thing is bad, but lots of people don’t even symptoms. Honestly I’ve struggled to wrap my head around it (and I’m spending 50% of my shifts in an all COVID ICU).

I wonder how many people have died of the Flu during the same two months.

Crowder had an interesting blip about this last week. Zero, as mentioned. ANYONE dying of ANYTHING relating to respiratory anything is being labeled COVfefe.

dennis, we can't wait till it's all over to do the math, because it is never going to end. There will always be covid from now on. It's a new virus we will have to deal with. The overall pct for regular people is so insignificant now, we must begin the steps to getting people back to work

But you aren't doing the math right. It's like saying, "Only 500 people have died this year in helicopter crashes, so go about your business." But WE AREN'T ALL FLYING HELICOPTERS. Is 500 a significant # based on the # of people or hours riden in a helicopter?

It's a matter of your denominator not being ALL AMERICANS but THOSE AMERICANS EXPOSED. Which is a HUGE unknown at this point. It could be the 700K or so (or whatever) that the tests show. Or it could be 50x that if the USC data is right (which is a VERY small sample set and there could have been contamination and such) making it 10% of the population. Which is still a 1-2% death rate. And that's 10x what the annual flu has.

But dividing deaths/US Population isn't a good metric right now.

THAT said - I think this is being blown out of proportion as well. And THAT said, I wore my mask at Walmart today. LOL

I'll give credit where credit is due. MA has greatly expanded their daily report, and it gives just about any data you could want. The only thing missing is the % of infection by county.

"Case % is" the % of people infected in each county.
"Growth" is the case growth percentage from 4/19-4/21.
Plymouth, Worcester and Hampden have all moved up. Middlesex has been near the top all along.

CountyPopulation
4/21/2020​
Case %Growth
Plymouth
518,132​
3,043​
0.59%​
11.38%​
Middlesex
1,614,774​
9,621​
0.60%​
10.12%​
Worcester
830,839​
3,341​
0.40%​
8.86%​
Hampden
470,406​
2,533​
0.54%​
8.39%​
Hampshire
161,355​
337​
0.21%​
7.67%​
Suffolk
807,252​
8,669​
1.07%​
7.37%​
Norfolk
705,388​
4,062​
0.58%​
7.21%​
Essex
790,638​
5,521​
0.70%​
7.14%​
Bristol
564,022​
1,852​
0.33%​
6.99%​
Barnstable
213,413​
672​
0.31%​
6.33%​
Franklin
70,963​
192​
0.27%​
6.08%​
Berkshire
126,348​
404​
0.32%​
4.39%​
Dukes
28,679​
14​
0.05%​
0.00%​
Nantucket
11,101​
9​
0.08%​
0.00%​
Total
6,913,310​
40,270​
0.58%​
8.38%​

I would like to see # of new patients admitted to hospitals and # patients discharged. Number of new cases discovered is obviously increased by a ramp up in numbers of people tested. Growth is skewed by increased testing during that time period.

Yes if you interpret it as you did.

If he instead said, “We will have fewer deaths after taking these measures,” maybe you would understood his point.

Odd, isn’t it? People here complain about how gun owners are demonized and not treated fairly - then demonize everyone who disagrees. Use your f***ing brains.
Please, Faker sucks at everything but crying. I can't recall exactly....is today the one month anniversary of his return from that silly, ill-advised trip to Utah? And how many deaths result from the economic shit storm remains to be seen...I'm so glad I didn't vote for that piece of shit last election.

A friends routine exam was cancelled a month ago when this got crazy. They called and rescheduled her for sometime in June.So that seems like something positive as far as when something might get back to normal.

A friends routine exam was cancelled a month ago when this got crazy. They called and rescheduled her for sometime in June.So that seems like something positive as far as when something might get back to normal.
I don't think they know any more than we do. I had an appointment for early April and they asked if I wanted to reschedule for May. I booked it for July.

Yes if you interpret it as you did.

If he instead said, “We will have fewer deaths after taking these measures,” maybe you would understood his point.

Odd, isn’t it? People here complain about how gun owners are demonized and not treated fairly - then demonize everyone who disagrees. Use your f***ing brains.

While I agree with your point, WRT his statement, expecting any gun owner in this state that was paying attention in the past few weeks, to "treat baker fairly" at this point is a stretch and a half, given that he's only stabbed us in the back at least three times, between the edict where he "changed his mind" in the space of an hour about allowing shops to operate, to his EOPS cronies that use gestapo tactics against gun dealers who use MIRCS, and then on top of that have used similar tactics to close down private gun clubs operating in MA...

-Mike

While I agree with your point, WRT his statement, expecting any gun owner in this state that was paying attention in the past few weeks, to "treat baker fairly" at this point is a stretch and a half, given that he's only stabbed us in the back at least three times, between the edict where he "changed his mind" in the space of an hour about allowing shops to operate, to his EOPS cronies that use gestapo tactics against gun dealers who use MIRCS, and then on top of that have used similar tactics to close down private gun clubs operating in MA...

-Mike

Don't forget excluding gun shops from the small business relief .
That was a nice touch.

No, a lot of them will be working off the books and double dipping, collecting too. Who are you kidding? Nothing new.
True. If I lose my day job, I will be too.

However, there will be plenty of work a day fxcks who will just take the summer off sit on a bar stool ( when bars open) and collect.

Last edited:
Dont pay your taxes until they let you back there.
Oh....yeah, they will take your property.

See how this whole thing is working?

Bankrupt the people. Steal their property.

Hmmmm

Well actually they are not preventing me from going there, just from leaving the cabin for 14 days (i'm guessing that going to local stores during that period would also be frowned upon) and my annual property taxes are around $350 so it will be a long time before I go bankrupt from paying that.

This is my point. We’re in destination F’d. They won’t tolerate being quarantined again until grandma and grandpa or mom and dad die in a field hospital with essentially no effort to save them because every ICU bed is taken. Pick your poison.

Nobody is going to do this shit again. They can get away with closing certain things but not everything. People are going to start dying of things other than f***vid-19 if they
tell everyone to hide in their basement again in the fall. Say some guy or lady has a restauraunt and he gets to reopen and get things back on track towards the end of the
year.... in December they announce a rebound. Politicians announce another lockdown. All hell will break loose, protests if we're lucky, canoeings if not so much.

Kicking people in the nuts twice in one year is not going to be tolerated by a lot of people.

-Mike

Maine mandates a 14 day self quarantine for all people coming from away. I have a 6 days of vacation.

14 day self quarantine doesn’t mean you can’t leave and go back home after 6 days. It means you should wait 14 days at your Maine residence before you can go to public places where you could run into “local population (like Supermarket)

You don’t have to wait 14 days in Maine before you can go home!

I have been up at my house in Maine for some recent weekends, bring my food stay at my property and went back to Mass after a few nights. No contact with locals.

ive been doing tons of side work. Reality is a lot of these self employed hack carpenters are going to take the extra 600 on unemployment and sit on their ass this summer. Ill be glad to take their work at double the price
because most tradesmen will be hard to find.
I hope that's the case. You're more optimistic than I. My fear there is going to be a lot of unemployed tradesmen when unemployment runs out. So people will start cutting their rates and working for less just to make some cash. There is also a lot of Union guys out as well. Collecting 1200 bucks a week so they can afford to work for $25 or $30 an hour cash on the side. Which really crushes me because there charging half what I do.

My fear there is going to be a lot of unemployed tradesmen when unemployment runs out.
you'll see a glut of new landscaping companies on the scene, same as the last huge recession. any and everyone with minimal or no specialized skills landscaped. only good thing out of this will be competitive pricing for yard work instead of getting raped every 2 weeks.

Top 20 cities and towns in MA for infection rate. After 5-6 days of decline in new cases, yesterday the state set a record for testing, new cases - and deaths.

Lot of people in Boston think the SIP is going to be extended to the end of May.

//I have been up at my house in Maine for some recent weekends, bring my food stay at my property and went back to Mass after a few nights. No contact with locals.
We do the same in NH. We don’t have any neighbors nearby. Sullivan County has one of the lowest infection rates around and don’t want to risk anyone.

I have noticed that the people who support the extended shutdown are mostly those that have guaranteed paychecks.

Well or they are dowannas already on the dole, or just generally ignorant enough to think that the government can just press buttons and make money appear to maintain the
shutdown without adversely affecting anything else, etc.

-Mike

Tough to say- I was supposed to have my detached ACL repaired this coming Tuesday at a new, separate surgery center for UMass Sports Med. They postponed it a couple days back but wouldn't commit to a date yet. Could be May or beginning of June. Told them to post a sticky that I'll take first available.

Just open the bottle redemption area at the supermarket. My bottles and cans are piling up and this cheap bastard wants his nickels back from the state

I'm not sure if I shared this here or anywhere yet.

Check out the latest Freakanomics podcast. All about China.

Anyhow, using crowdsourcing and basing the #'s on crematorium usage, they estimate that the death rate in Wuhan is. . . . over 40,000 people. Not 3,000. 40,000. Yikes!

Just open the bottle redemption area at the supermarket. My bottles and cans are piling up and this cheap bastard wants his nickels back from the state
same I have a redemption center near my house I am almost out of space in my shed out side for bags of empties once its full they wlil go in to the curbside recycling, I just hope the the shop makes it out of all this i hate taking them to the stores machines

I'm not sure if I shared this here or anywhere yet.

Check out the latest Freakanomics podcast. All about China.

Anyhow, using crowdsourcing and basing the #'s on crematorium usage, they estimate that the death rate in Wuhan is. . . . over 40,000 people. Not 3,000. 40,000. Yikes!

that's not hard to believe at all, in fact they could probably hide 10x that number with the same success.

Back
Top Bottom