• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

MA shut down well into June???.....Wife’s work says so.

At Faker Bakers media address today he actually said, and I quote, “we are going to be better off at the end of all this”. How the Fvck can he even think this way. Everyone will be worse off in one way or another. In some cases much worse off. But no one will be better off having gone through this. He’s f’ing crazy.

That statement and the "We're all in this together " crap just show the ultimate contempt d-bags like him have for the rest of us.
They really do think we hang on every word that drools out of their suck holes like it was gospel.

No Charlie , we're not going to be any kind of better off you flaming bag of retard.
People are going to lose businesses they have basicly given up any kind of personal life for years to keep going.
Then they may lose their homes .
Some may end up killing themselves or drug addicted or alcoholics .

It is nice that you and your boss Maura have taken the time during this to single out the families of businesses you personally don't like for extra abuse.

EABOD

As someone who's a pre-hospital provider north of Boston, it definitely is a bit more serious than a lot of people pushing for large scale re-opening realize. There is legit concern for asymptomatic spread as well as overall compliance with precautions if things start opening. I agree that the people stir-crazy are going to become an issue soon, but unfortunately until people come to the realization that we really do need some time to let the asymptomatic carriers become symptomatic and trace/testing improve, re-opening is a legit public safety risk.
A large percentage of carriers never develop symptoms. Barring a full "lock everyone in their house for at least a month lockdown", it's not just going away. They are not trace/testing and it is too late for that game IMO. Our pols are 5 steps behind every step of the way.

A large percentage of carriers never develop symptoms. Barring a full "lock everyone in their house for at least a month lockdown", it's not just going away. They are not trace/testing and it is too late for that game IMO. Our pols are 5 steps behind every step of the way.
In all likelihood, at this point event a month sequestration won't help. It's already out and about, and already mutating.

The whole "Stay Home Stay Safe" game was a buy-time plan. There's only so much time you can buy. The hospitals weren't for the most part overloaded - certain exceptions, of course - and I can only hope the whiz kids in bio were examining results from trials on treatments. (I'd also hope that they were looking at disease mechanisms, such as the theory this thing is attacking blood cells and dropping tons of iron in the blood, and my pet theory about D, but that's probably too much to ask of (one step removed from) the trained bears of medicine.)

In all likelihood, at this point event a month sequestration won't help. It's already out and about, and already mutating.

The whole "Stay Home Stay Safe" game was a buy-time plan. There's only so much time you can buy. The hospitals weren't for the most part overloaded - certain exceptions, of course - and I can only hope the whiz kids in bio were examining results from trials on treatments. (I'd also hope that they were looking at disease mechanisms, such as the theory this thing is attacking blood cells and dropping tons of iron in the blood, and my pet theory about D, but that's probably too much to ask of (one step removed from) the trained bears of medicine.)
I was referring to the CCP weld the doors shut method, which thankfully is not happening here anyway.

I was referring to the CCP weld the doors shut method, which thankfully is not happening here anyway.
It really didn't "work" there (by conventional humane standards) either, since their numbers are utter bullshit. I'm not convinced their numbers are any better even now.

If you were to walk around my neighborhood you would never guess there was any kind of stay at home, essential workers only situation. There is a house being painted, landscapers, carpenters, all doing the spring tune ups here in suburbia. Families are visiting, people coming and going, I don't get it. My neighbors are mostly professionals, an MD, a couple of lawyers, PA, Nurse Practioner, to name a few. With common sense regulations, I feel that some parts of the economy should be able to just do business. Landscapers and the aforementioned workers have been, regardless.

If you were to walk around my neighborhood you would never guess there was any kind of stay at home, essential workers only situation. There is a house being painted, landscapers, carpenters, all doing the spring tune ups here in suburbia. Families are visiting, people coming and going, I don't get it. My neighbors are mostly professionals, an MD, a couple of lawyers, PA, Nurse Practioner, to name a few. With common sense regulations, I feel that some parts of the economy should be able to just do business. Landscapers and the aforementioned workers have been, regardless.
Cuz they're Essential.

As others mentioned, scrum at Walmart is Safe; Golf and boating (alone on the water!) in some place isn't.

Arbitrary, meet Capricious. Capricious, this is Arbitrary.

overall
total deaths 47,349
us population 330,000,000
chance of average citizen dying .0143%. one one hundredth of one percent.

other groups face worse odds for sure. the solution is to isolate and protect those groups. not shut down a whole fu%%%ng economy

total deaths 47,349
people unemployed due to virus 22,000,000
for every one death, 465 people tossed out of work

"if it saves just one life" only goes so far

Cuz they're Essential.

As others mentioned, scrum at Walmart is Safe; Golf and boating (alone on the water!) in some place isn't.

Arbitrary, meet Capricious. Capricious, this is Arbitrary.
I should have stated that most of my neighbors are retired, but intelligent. But, yes it's strange.

As someone who's a pre-hospital provider north of Boston, it definitely is a bit more serious than a lot of people pushing for large scale re-opening realize. There is legit concern for asymptomatic spread as well as overall compliance with precautions if things start opening. I agree that the people stir-crazy are going to become an issue soon, but unfortunately until people come to the realization that we really do need some time to let the asymptomatic carriers become symptomatic and trace/testing improve, re-opening is a legit public safety risk.

I don't even have faith at this point that reliable testing will be made readily available.

How’s that? For as long as you go up and stay put plus bringing all your food and supplies what’s stopping you?

I’m heading up Thursday. I’ve had enough of this over reacting fear mongering government over reach BS.

Maine mandates a 14 day self quarantine for all people coming from away. I have a 6 days of vacation.

Good friend of mine works in Biotech Private Equity. They are backing many of the vaccines that are being worked on. She has had confirmed COVID twice along with her whole family (that lives with her). They are all fine. 40 people at her company all tested positive as well, once again, fine. The "scary" news is that based on all available information and progress, a TRUE vaccine won't be available until 2022, not 2021, and that's IF it stops mutating like crazy. Bottom line, if you are afraid or at risk, stay home, if not, take your chances. Working, paying the bills, getting sick, and then recovering, is a hell of a lot better than going broke, destroying your credit, losing your health insurance, and then dying.

I don't even have faith at this point that reliable testing will be made readily available.
To be honest, neither do I. My opinion is based on the fact that I, a person who is exposed to confirmed patients (even with PPE), cannot get access to a test. I feel like the state's still in that "fear" part where the regulations are just going to stay/extend until someone comes along and drops a solution on their lap.

Good friend of mine works in Biotech Private Equity. They are backing many of the vaccines that are being worked on. She has had confirmed COVID twice along with her whole family (that lives with her). They are all fine. 40 people at her company all tested positive as well, once again, fine. The "scary" news is that based on all available information and progress, a TRUE vaccine won't be available until 2022, not 2021, and that's IF it stops mutating like crazy. Bottom line, if you are afraid or at risk, stay home, if not, take your chances. Working, paying the bills, getting sick, and then recovering, is a hell of a lot better than going broke, destroying your credit, losing your health insurance, and then dying.
You make good points, and they're true. However the people who decide when the world opens back up are afraid about those who DON'T test positive and recover. Its all about CYA and the next re-election.

Expect some gradual easing in June that will run until fall. I don’t think the kids will be in school in fall. Virus probably will slow a bit in warm weather. In fall it comes back with a vengeance. Quarantine again.

We’re stuck in a big catch 22. Quarantine is killing the economy, open it up and tons of people get sick you wind up in quarantine again with more deaths.

This is all about not collapsing the healthcare system and buying time to find a treatment or vaccine.

There is no easy solution on this one.

The thing about testing though is that the results are only good for the time the test was taken. You can get tested, come up negative, and then 2 hours later be exposed and catch it. I don't know what testing large amounts of people would do. I might give a false sense of security. The only people who might benefit from being tested are those that are positive and show no symptoms. Just because you test negative in April, doesn't mean you can't get it in May.

The thing about testing though is that the results are only good for the time the test was taken. You can get tested, come up negative, and then 2 hours later be exposed and catch it. I don't know what testing large amounts of people would do. I might give a false sense of security. The only people who might benefit from being tested are those that are positive and show no symptoms. Just because you test negative in April, doesn't mean you can't get it in May.
Serology testing for antibodies (if accurate) would have the most value. It would let people know if they already had it.

Expect some gradual easing in June that will run until fall. I don’t think the kids will be in school in fall. Virus probably will slow a bit in warm weather. In fall it comes back with a vengeance. Quarantine again.

We’re stuck in a big catch 22. Quarantine is killing the economy, open it up and tons of people get sick you wind up in quarantine again with more deaths.

This is all about not collapsing the healthcare system and buying time to find a treatment or vaccine.

There is no easy solution on this one.

Comes back with a vengance? It hasnt shown anything now? Look at the f***ing numbers!

Georgia will be a great indicator of how this goes.

They carry this bullshit into the fall way more people will be dying because they are eating bulletsbecause they have no food or money.

Lets get real here. Other states will be open for business. You think people arent going to flock there?

The time both my wife and I lose our jobs here ( which seems to be rapidly becoming imminent) is the time im selling my house and moving to one of those states. Id rather do that than stay here and die. Are you f***ing kidding me?

I got a new roof last week and now I got carpenters working this week for window and siding work. I've been trying to get them over here since last summer so now that they're available I ain't letting the corona crap get in the way [laugh] I'll take my chances.

I got a new roof last week and now I got carpenters working this week for window and siding work. I've been trying to get them over here since last summer so now that they're available I ain't letting the corona crap get in the way [laugh] I'll take my chances.

ive been doing tons of side work. Reality is a lot of these self employed hack carpenters are going to take the extra 600 on unemployment and sit on their ass this summer. Ill be glad to take their work at double the price
because most tradesmen will be hard to find.

I'd like to be there too, but my marina is currently closed. Private business so their choice, but I suspect they are following Faker's lead.

The biggest issue is the parking. That can be a big pain in the ass during normal times. Now it limits my potential launch spots to just a handful. Either way I'm getting on the water.

Mare Liberum

To be honest, neither do I. My opinion is based on the fact that I, a person who is exposed to confirmed patients (even with PPE), cannot get access to a test. I feel like the state's still in that "fear" part where the regulations are just going to stay/extend until someone comes along and drops a solution on their lap.

You make good points, and they're true. However the people who decide when the world opens back up are afraid about those who DON'T test positive and recover. Its all about CYA and the next re-election.

Inflict as much economic damage as possible to blame Trump and keep these unconstitutional lock downs on so mail in voting schemes can be rolled out in November.

Nobody is going to do this shit again. They can get away with closing certain things but not everything. People are going to start dying of things other than f***vid-19 if they
tell everyone to hide in their basement again in the fall. Say some guy or lady has a restauraunt and he gets to reopen and get things back on track towards the end of the
year.... in December they announce a rebound. Politicians announce another lockdown. All hell will break loose, protests if we're lucky, canoeings if not so much.

Kicking people in the nuts twice in one year is not going to be tolerated by a lot of people.

-Mike

Back
Top Bottom