MA shut down well into June???.....Wife’s work says so.

Ok folks take it for what it’s worth:

My wife works for a major hospital in Boston (luckily she’s not a nurse and on limited schedule) and one of the well respected doctors said this will last well into June before the State eases up restrictions. Charlie Brown already cancelled school for the year today, is this the first step to say FU to May 4th??Forget any Comm2A or Goal lawsuits, it’s time to protest like the rest of the country.

I'd say May 4 is very optimistic for MA. Early June sounds more likely, but I imagine other states will open up sooner than that.

Like I said in the other thread. This is an easy way for him to "essentially" close the state. If kids are home and day cares are closed, that forces parents to be home too.

I think the official "lock down" will extend until the end of May.

it’s time to protest like the rest of the country.
well i don't see where they couldn't ease up in the more rural parts of the state but in the greater boston, springfield and worcester areas where people are packed in together...i think more thought should be expended on that idea. a logistical nightmare of the epic kind. no easy solution.

Like I said in the other thread. This is an easy way for him to "essentially" close the state. If kids are home and day cares are closed, that forces parents to be home too.

I think the official "lock down" will extend until the end of May.
Baker closed non-emergency child care programs until June 29. I'd say it wouldn't be too surprising for most of MA to be closed or still work from home through most, if not all, of June.

I think the schools closing for the year is a pretty good indicator that they won't be reopening businesses on May 4, anyway. Guessing at least June 1 for businesses.

Lots of those businesses will be insolvent by summer, and emergency temporary government programs will step up to fill those gaps in education, retail, healthcare services, and energy indefinitely. Am I right, comrades?

Baker closed non-emergency child care programs until June 29. I'd say it wouldn't be too surprising for most of MA to be closed or still work from home through most, if not all, of June.

Yup... I think some businesses will be "allowed" to open June 1, but it will trickle out until June 29, or even beyond.

Of course, that's assuming he opens up daycares and summer camps on time. Again, without places to send kids, it keeps many people at home by default.

We are retired and both the wife & I have COPD (self infected by smoking to long), Anyway the wife said she wouldn't feel very good about eating out in Pubs or restaurants for quite awhile. So I guess it really won't matter to us High risk folks at 70 &73 years old. I'm doing fresh produce and dairy twice a month at stop n shop senior hours. What is killing me is range is closed and no fishing!

I mentioned in another thread that a another doctor said we will not be in the surge until June. I think the officials will finally realize that if they haven't already. I also mentioned that the .guv will do this incrementally because if they announce a shutdown until June or July or even August right now, people will lose their minds and tell the .guv to go off themselves with all these restrictions.

In fact they are starting to do that already. Two weeks ago I went to get some gas for the truck and there was barely another sole in sight.

Yesterday the wife and I went for a run and we had to wait for traffic to cross some of the streets.

people will not put up with all these restrictive shit all summer.

At each step the .guv will say just a little bit more so they can keep up the fear with a glimpse of hope at the end of the tunnel so they can maintain control over the people.

I call his office every few days. Granted you will only ever talk to the young aide. Anyone else busting his balls? The LGBT mutants appreciate the power of activism.

I have pretty much written off my business, figuring this bastard won't allow us to open until July. Honestly, at this point in my career, I could care less. I just need Wachusett Reservoir opened so I can go fishing and catch some lakers and smallmouth.

I figured I was retiring in four years. New plan. Leave the State way sooner. Live in Montana and work part time. Enjoy life in a very very rural area. Fvck Baker.

Mumblings at work today of unlimited unpaid time off through next month, it's been that way since March 1st and a lot of folks are abusing the piss out of it. AFAIK we're still hiring like crazy so if folks here NEED insurance(BC/BS, vision, dental all still start day one last I heard) you may want to look into it. And no I'm not a recruiter, just someone who knows folks get raped on the in between Cobra bullshit.

This is my cost every two weeks for a single plan, and my plan(shared deductible plan).
insurance costs.jpg
med plan.jpg

Edit: Fixed date.

Last edited:
Maybe they're willing to keep the whole state shut down as long as the gun shops stay closed. And now the Canada shooting adds fuel to the fire.

negative, Critter. People won't riot. We're not that kind or people anymore. You probably couldn't even get 100 people to rally on the common. But why even bother? 200 phone calls tying up the governors phones is better than 100 protestors getting hassled by the hessians. You can do all this from your living room, or if you're a real outlaw, while you are driving around. "My call won't count for anything, blah, blah, blah......." . Just try it, if nothing else, you will feel better.

I work in auto repair, getting parts is a problem. One of the bigger warehouses in boston has shut down because of covid 19 infection?
Deliveries for parts has slowed to a few days a week. I have not worked going on 4 weeks as its only been a few LOFs and smaller job that the other guys have been doing a

negative, Critter. People won't riot. We're not that kind or people anymore. You probably couldn't even get 100 people to rally on the common. But why even bother? 200 phone calls tying up the governors phones is better than 100 protestors getting hassled by the hessians. You can do all this from your living room, or if you're a real outlaw, while you are driving around. "My call won't count for anything, blah, blah, blah......." . Just try it, if nothing else, you will feel better.
For certain people in certain lines of work, this thing is FOR REAL. No work, and $1200 isn't going to pay the bills.

What was Gerald Celente's line about people having lost everything and having nothing left to lose?

We are retired and both the wife & I have COPD (self infected by smoking to long), Anyway the wife said she wouldn't feel very good about eating out in Pubs or restaurants for quite awhile. So I guess it really won't matter to us High risk folks at 70 &73 years old. I'm doing fresh produce and dairy twice a month at stop n shop senior hours. What is killing me is range is closed and no fishing!
Is there some edict that says you can't go fishing? Staying away from others it should be no problem

Back
Top Bottom