• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

MA shut down well into June???.....Wife’s work says so.

I am not on facebook so I cant confirm........... I am told there will be a protest across the street from Faker's house this Saturday at 2pm. Any truth to it? Could be a good time.

Nope. I’m getting a few laughs out of this however. The conformists don’t have the balls to ask is my observation to date.

Damn. Hendricks made me quote the wrong post. Sorry.

Ask all those docs if they wear surgical masks during surgery. Then ask them why.

Sounds like you know a lot of stupid docs.

Mostly out of tradition.

"Overall, we found very few studies and identified no new trials for this latest update. We analysed a total of 2106 participants from the three studies we found. All three studies showed that wearing a face mask during surgery neither increases nor decreases the number of wound infections occurring after surgery. We conclude that there is no clear evidence that wearing disposable face masks affects the likelihood of wound infections developing after surgery."

When the outbreak started, I asked five ID docs at work whether surgical masks were effective. 4 hard no's with accompanying eye rolls, and 1 maybe. These are all HMS and BU Med faculty. Fit-tested N95s, yes those work. I really don't know where all this false confidence about mask effectiveness is coming from. It's like throwing a virion banana down the proverbial hallway.

Again it depends on what you're trying to do. If you're protecting yourself n95 is effective if fitted properly. The other masks for the general public are of course catering to the lowest denominator but it's just like covering your mouth when you cough only better. It's really that simple. Yes of course you'll still have people not washing them etc etc but something is better than nothing. And then ofcourse there's overall morale. It makes you feel like youre doing something. I get that the media isnt helping with the hysterics but it is what it is.

Mostly out of tradition.

"Overall, we found very few studies and identified no new trials for this latest update. We analysed a total of 2106 participants from the three studies we found. All three studies showed that wearing a face mask during surgery neither increases nor decreases the number of wound infections occurring after surgery. We conclude that there is no clear evidence that wearing disposable face masks affects the likelihood of wound infections developing after surgery."

Well I guess I stand corrected in the surgery room

Ask all those docs if they wear surgical masks during surgery. Then ask them why.

Sounds like you know a lot of stupid docs.
Mainly so they don't drool into your wound.

lol. It’s about outflow, not inflow

Mostly out of tradition.

Interesting. Maybe. Maybe not. One study 5 years ago. It seems if it had merit, we would have had more intel by now. But the cost of a 10c mask seems lower than a potential lawsuit if you decide to no longer mask your crew.

Hmmm.

Can't even get them to paint CROSSWALKS here in Auburn! Ha.
When my kids were at JB school, they had to cross streets maybe 6 times on their way, at least 3 or 4 of them had NO crosswalks.
View attachment 357166

With that f'ing blue paint that was worse than black ice when it was wet? Good riddance.
And I'd be driving or making my 10 yr old take the bus if they had to walk (or cross) that stretch of Oxford St.

PS - Julia Bancroft has been closed for 5 years. Your kids would be walking to the old Junior High now. Marginally safer as they'd only have to cross Oxford St once (at a much safer spot).

June 29th will be the first day when things could potentially start to look normal. All Day Cares are shut down until then. With no school, if parents have to go back to work, what do they do with the kids?

BTW, can't wait to go to St. Louis on Wednesday. I can get a haircut, eat at a restaurant, go to a bar.

Last edited:
Daycare and summer camps in limbo, serious problem. Bright side this will lead to more stay at home parents and less warehousing of kids. Coronachan has a lot of upsides.

Okay, this is a legitimate question, not trying to be a wise ass. So we should be wearing masks in confined areas. Got it. But for how long do we do this, and why? Forget the issues with people touching things, therefore spreading this in other ways. That is a reality, and I guess a risk that perpetual wearers of masks are willing to live with (more on that later). But what happens if you get the virus? Are we all going to die? I cannot be the only one that hopes to get this thing soon and hopefully be done with it. I thought the purpose of distancing and masks was to slow the spread and not choke the hospitals. How did we leap from that to total eradication at all costs? I think everybody has lost sight of what the purpose of all of this was originally and somehow it got twisted into "This is how its gonna be forever".
Antibody studies in CA and NY are showing WAY more people got this than the tested numbers show: like 3-5X.

Cuomo said they were going to need 30,000 ventilators. NY peaked at 1,705.

This is Mass data from yesterday (credit where credit is due, MA daily reports are excellent). For healthy people under 65, death is a rarity.

58DD7F24-6D56-4AE9-9DE1-36F7F453439C.jpeg

Maybe we should just hold the November 2020 election now and win, lose draw just get it over with and let the 99.7% of us get back to our lives. Because, believe it or not, that's all it would take.

All this has been is the perfect example of the SWAMP showing us we are nothing more than indentured servants.

At 51, I'm liking that I'm still under the curve on this one. My folks? Not so much, obviously. (Math was my strong suit. LOL)

But I've got Shhh. . . tuff to do in this world.

By Czarlie's own graphs, our peak hospital utilization was 2-3 weeks ago. We are off by 25% at this point from the peak.

One other thought that someone else has probably already had about this and the elderly:

If this thing ran rampant through NH's and assisted livings and such, what's the rate-per-100K of people in those age groups NOT in facilities in the first place????? Is it possible this isn't so much an elderly killer as a sick-people killer???? I mean, older folks SHOULD have a higher incidence, but rate-per-100K is just MASSIVE. And over 60% of all deaths are LTC-related. So even assuming that ALL of the other deaths are from the over-80 squad, you're talking a death rate near half of what they are claiming. Just for that age class.

Knowing what we know now about taking care of these later-life-care places, I suspect if things "flare up" later this year the death rate will be SIGNIFICANTLY lower because these places will have procedures in place.

Last item - # of filled COVfefe beds in Morton Hospital this week - about half of what it was last week.

OPEN UP THE DAMNED STATE, CHAHHLIEEEEE!

Last edited:
MA seems to be flattening out. These are the numbers I personally rely on.

• MA has been testing roughly 10K per day since early April. Percentage of those tested positive has been dropping since April 22: from a peak of 34% to 10% yesterday.
  • Net hospitalizations have been decreasing since April 21.
  • Daily deaths declining since April 22.
Fingers crossed!

In the meantime, most of NH is doing pretty well, (although 30% more than VT and 108% more than ME in total cases) with fewer than 100 hospitalizations. While Nashua now has over 200 cases, Manchester is the hotspot.

4/13 report: 156
4/20 report: 272 - 74% increase
4/27 report: 405 - 49% increase
5/3 report: 529 - 31% increase

We can't draw any conclusions from the statistics. In NH people in LTC, a hospital, or a high risk group (medical staff and first responders) are getting tested. Outside of that you have to convince a phone jockey at the state triage line that you have the classic dry cough and high fever Wuflu symptoms to get a test. The real infection rate is unknown. With that the recovery and death rates are unknown. Recovery is a relative term since recovered currently means left the hospital alive, not back to pre-infection functioning.

<snip>

Oh yeah - and Sweden, on purpose or by accident, sacrificed it's oldest members to get to herd immunity. I'm not sure we are willing to do that here in the US.

That was on purpose. Sweden's Prime Minister said early on that thousands would die as a result of their approach. It was culturally acceptable there as sacrifice for the greater good. It would never fly here.

That was on purpose. Sweden's Prime Minister said early on that thousands would die as a result of their approach. It was culturally acceptable there as sacrifice for the greater good. It would never fly here.
It HAS flown here. Once again, nobody even remembers the 1968 Hong Kong Flu let alone 1957's Asian Flu. US death rate for the latter: 674/M. Present US death rate for the Wuhan bug: 263/M.

It HAS flown here. Once again, nobody even remembers the 1968 Hong Kong Flu let alone 1957's Asian Flu. US death rate for the latter: 674/M. Present US death rate for the Wuhan bug: 263/M.

Reread the other part of my post. The present death rate for Wuflu is unknown.

But we have scads of evidence from other parts of the world. And other states in this country. We're seeing numbers drop even as things open.
That along with pissed off people, will be what ends house arrest. States opening and no piles of bodies, or worse from the states perspective neighboring states opening and 'stealing' tax revenue from closed states.

Pennsylvania non-essential businesses are shut down until June 4th...at least according to Alpha Concealment Systems! I want my Sig P938 holster, darnit!

It is eventually "flying" here, whether people want to actually grow a set of balls or not and actually f***ing admit it, is another story. Most of the NPCs would rather believe their handlers talking to them through the noise box about how serious it is and blah blah blah, so wah lah, etc. The rest of us know better- eg, that people will die, and all the lockdown has done is maybe flatten out the death rate over time.... and only so much can be done to stop it. The politicians are still playing in hand wringing land when its pretty obvious a lot of the public was never playing along to begin with

-Mike

Another perspective from MIT’s magazine.

In a piece called “National Coronavirus Response: A roadmap to reopening,” former FDA director Scott Gottlieb also argued for ramping up testing and then isolating those infected rather shutting in the entire population.
iu

Again this is neither the first nor worst pandemic that has faced this country. In those cases, the sick were quarantined, the vulnerable (old and infirm this time, to which often young children and/or pregnant women would be added) protected. NOT randomly close various industry sectors for months, do the mask hokey-pokey, and ship virus patients into nursing homes.

A clownshow. With Fauci driving the little car.

"Areas in the United States that do not adhere to any social distancing policies face 35 times more cases of the novel coronavirus, according to a study published Thursday in a peer-reviewed health-care journal.

....Holding the amount of voluntary social distancing constant, these results imply 10 times greater spread by April 27 without [shelter-in-place orders] … and more than 35 times greater spread without any of the four measures,” the researchers wrote in “Strong Social Distancing Measures in the United States Reduced the COVID-19 Growth Rate.”

"Areas in the United States that do not adhere to any social distancing policies face 35 times more cases of the novel coronavirus, according to a study published Thursday in a peer-reviewed health-care journal.

....Holding the amount of voluntary social distancing constant, these results imply 10 times greater spread by April 27 without [shelter-in-place orders] … and more than 35 times greater spread without any of the four measures,” the researchers wrote in “Strong Social Distancing Measures in the United States Reduced the COVID-19 Growth Rate.”
Worldometer says otherwise.

We can't draw any conclusions from the statistics. In NH people in LTC, a hospital, or a high risk group (medical staff and first responders) are getting tested. Outside of that you have to convince a phone jockey at the state triage line that you have the classic dry cough and high fever Wuflu symptoms to get a test. The real infection rate is unknown. With that the recovery and death rates are unknown. Recovery is a relative term since recovered currently means left the hospital alive, not back to pre-infection functioning.

1) I thought they were supposed to test everybody.
2) Has anyone seen the movie "Midsommar" yet? It is about some weird Swedish stuff, one bit is of having old people jump off a cliff.
See also:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DwD7f5ZWhAk

Rally at Faker Baker's house set for tomorrow (Sat, 5-16)
https://libertyrally-ma.com/
You going? Where does he even live, anyhow?

Worldometer says otherwise.
1589594849003.jpeg

I am not on facebook so I cant confirm........... I am told there will be a protest across the street from Faker's house this Saturday at 2pm. Any truth to it? Could be a good time.
Looks like there might be company.

All I know, is SOMEONE should toilet paper his trees. [rofl]

Back
Top Bottom